Prince Charles to Marry Camilla

cowboyboots said:
i cant vote yet!:cry: well until sunday when i turn 18 yay!:woot:

Oooooo!!!!!! :clap: Congrats and I hope you have a wonderfully fantastic celebration!!!:bounce: :buzz:

leyla m. said:
let them get married..... and do whatever they got to do... but PLEASE for the WORLDs sake.. dont let him become KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the whole story is making me nauseous already:(

I agree. OK I don't know what it's like there first hand but from the news and what I've read, Prince William seems like he's a lot more level headed and has more sense than his dad. I guess both Princess Di dan Camilla led miserable lives...the only who got the "best of both worlds" is Prince Charles. He married someone who IMHO "boosted" his image as future King and now he's getting someone he's wanted to be with. :ninja: My heart goes out to Di though :cry: . I have no reason why but I can't stand the sight of Camilla :sick:

leyla m. said:
let them get married..... and do whatever they got to do... but PLEASE for the WORLDs sake.. dont let him become KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the whole story is making me nauseous already:(

I agree with you leyla.. I hope they skip charles to william.

As You Like It said:
Absolutely. They've been going together since like 1973. I have long thought Charles was hard done by being roped into marrying Diana, with whom he apparently had little in common and little chemistry.

I remember seeing a very charming photo of Charles & Camilla from the 1970s, where they'd put their initials on a tree in a heart-shape, and they were holding hands, and they looked so incredibly comfortable and happy together.

The man should get some joy in his life, and if it comes from being married to the woman he's been interested in for some three decades, then more power to him, I think. It's got to be a great relief to her, too, to finally be able to legitamately enjoy her relationship with the Prince.

From what I understand the main reason that they didn't get married is that when they were together his parents shipped him off to the navy. He was gone for almot a year and while he was gone Camila married some "handsome" officer named Andrew Parker Bowles. Then she had babies, Tom and Laura and obviously couldn't marry Prince Charles anymore.

The ring is just beautiful

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla, 57, will take the official title of Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall after marriage. Once Charles becomes king, his wife will be called Princess Consort, not queen.

i dont know if this is true but i hope she wont become queen but then again i dont want charles to become king!:doh:

nah she wont be queen. :flower:

helena i'm just relaying what i've read, some of it i believe is justifiable; something like in one day he had to go to three public events and that wouldnt have been possible without private transport.

I dont really support the royal family they're just there for show, I dont feel as a uk citizen like i've gained any benefit from their presence

To be honest living in the UK, I am so fed up of hearing about it. I think people should let them get on with it, whats happened has happened.

Like someone said they are nothing but a glorified tourist attraction and pls get rid of the lot of em. Except Wills. lol

Well I don't think we should get rid of them but if you insist.....lol

fab_fifties_fille said:
It was bound to happen, but i disagree with her being made princess consort...i dont believe she should have a royal title as they didnt refrain to strip diana of HRH when she died. I have no problem with the marraige itself; good luck to them, i just dont feel its right that she has a title (she'll be the 2nd most powerful woman in england in theory) even though she cannot act upon it so to speak as she's not the queen

Totally agreed here.

By all means Charles should allowed to be happy but I object to Camilla being HRH. Furthermore, no mistress has ever been given recognition by past monarchs (Edward III had to abdicate and even Princess Margaret was banned from marrying again, and she isn't even in line!) So how an exception has been made here, and a contentious one at that, baffles me.

I'm still suprised at the way this news has been thrusted onto us so quickly. They've already gone public with the ring. :unsure:

I'm generally quite indifferent to the Royals for they are nothing but a bunch of parasites. As for Camilla, she is a woman who's existence is merely defined by the men she has had liasions with. I wonder how much of our money will be funding their wedding and Camilla's lifestyle from here on. Hopefully this marriage will be the nail in the coffin for the entire monarchy.

Charles will be the head of the Church of England when he ascends the throne. I wonder if that by marrying his mistress he is making religion more irrelevant in Britain or the monarchy. Hmm....

just hope he wont become king, or will step down in favor of his son.....

^ yeah I think it's the right thing to do considering the throne has been abdicated in the past for similar reasons...:flower:

^ If not for the abdication of his great uncle, Charles himself wouldn't be in line for the throne, it's only right that you follow the rules your own family line set down and not to bend the rules of the church your mother is head of just to please you.

haha oh can u imagine, camilla cupcake...they'd make her into a barbie...or a voodoo doll by the way ppl r talkin :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->