Seán McGirr - Designer, Creative Director of Alexander McQueen

i can't believe i'm witnessing some seemingly 'qualified' fashion writers and journalists admiring the mcgirr one. it's so hideous. those branches are so stupid, the fit is boxy and the veil is grotesque. the original one looks like an apparition. it's so haunting. watch the show and you can feel the deep melancholy, in the intricate lace, the wispy veil, those beautiful resin antlers, as if a carcass was preserved beyond death... you feel the melancholy... the only thing i feel looking at the new one is indigestion and diarrhoea

i can't believe i'm witnessing some seemingly 'qualified' fashion writers and journalists admiring the mcgirr one. it's so hideous. those branches are so stupid, the fit is boxy and the veil is grotesque. the original one looks like an apparition. it's so haunting. watch the show and you can feel the deep melancholy, in the intricate lace, the wispy veil, those beautiful resin antlers, as if a carcass was preserved beyond death... you feel the melancholy... the only thing i feel looking at the new one is indigestion and diarrhoea
Can you name and shame please.

I didnt even realize that was sean. I saw lana and nothing registered. I assumed he was a porter to help her walk and not tear the dress with her heel….

Where is the presence? olivier showed up and there was no doubt he means Fashion. Even Tom in his conservative YSL tux was giving presence.

And we wonder why he was hired for the job…
He put them lips to use!

Anyway, I didn’t mind Lana’s look though. It was kinda cute, although I would have preferred the original or something from SS07. Kendall looked amazing in her Givenchy. The locals didn’t like it though. They need big trains, drama and glitter to approve so Lana’s did the job. :lol:

Lana's look would have seemed fine on its own if the original didn't exist.

But when you know the inspiration is Widows of Culloden look 47 ..... no surprise it pales in comparison. Everything from the 'inspired' dress (usefully obscured behind the veil) to the crown of branches, looks a bit stupid compared to the flawless OG + antlers - and having seen the full look in real life at Savage Beauty in 2015, the antlers would probably have been more comfortable to wear too, they look lighter and less brittle than some...branches.

IMG_0509.jpeg

I wonder who approached who for this collab. And I wonder if maybe Lana will become image of McQueen just like she was image of Gucci when she went to the MET Gala dressed in Gucci. I would like a Lana Del Rey campaign but not really excited if it is with McGirr's clothes. Maybe a perfume would be better like with Gucci.

i dont know how but that last photo somehow made it look even worst. that veil is a mosquito net. this is the disney version of mcqueen's angst. All of a sudden Burton's Mcqueen feel edgy and bad *** compared to this mosquito net dress. Is the dress made of fabric used on girdles?? Did he just choose the cheapest materials he could find.

how can u still lust after such a clueless and overpaid person 🤣 Wont his clothes hunt you down before getting into anything sexual at all with this guy lol

I expected her wearing Dolce, since they made some stunning looks for her in Coachella.

P/S: Kering really paid her well, there is no way her stylist - Molly Dickson has such low standards.

That tulle is too shiny and heavy. Therefore it looks cheap.

It’s such an absurdly low-quality creation…it’s hard to even believe it’s not one big joke! The taste level is so non-existent and the construction is so pitiful and down-market…

She should have gone with Dolce & Gabbana, since her Coachella comeback was so gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rtdrone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->