The 90s Comeback

^^^

You make a valid point, but I think its just personal preference. I look at photos of what is considered the fashion crowd of the 80s and I'm uninspired.

I do think that the 90s did have a certain distinguishable vibe about it. Albeit, not as distinct as decades past but it definitely was there.

I think it can be innovating to pair certain 90s "looks" with more modern things. I don't think anyone wants to go back to every single trend the 90s had, but there are some that mix well with other current staples--

Can't disagree

I think there are perfect valid 80s or 90s good fashion references... (just assuming theres so many that long and keep some rock style ones) but now they are been replaced by a cleaning version of 'em most of the times... or just a lack of background which is the same... not knowing why u wear an 80s band t shirt that u don't know the band u carry in... argh! Thats sad...

90s is a patch-work of many influences... if we get the Seattle one then we need so much unclean effort to make a real look that i don't think many people would be willing to dress hahah

Another thing I remember about '90s style was that we only wore silver jewelry. I remember being horrified by gold and goldtone jewelry and thinking that it was only for conservative old ladies or tacky men. All the jewelry I liked was silver -- rings with semi-precious stones, silver ear cuffs.

Yes! This was my case. :D

Check those links
http://fashionlookbook.blogspot.com/2009/10/proof-of-90s-comeback.html
http://news.shoe-shop.com/news/4138/kitten-heels-return-in-90s-fashion-resurgence/
http://www.fashionising.com/pictures/b--Ripped-denim-and-bad-90s-fashion-in-Numero-Toyko-1899.html
http://angelofharlemfashion.blogspot.com/2009/05/90s-fashion-tribute-to-90210.html

Even_Cere_MadiSquare_10006.jpg

sexysteventyler

KateMoss_RonG_11916764_600.preview.jpg

onsugar

1240210590.png

jamespot

rkobhe.jpg
k.jpg
2a5yssz.jpg
DSC03464.JPG

fashionlaunch.blogspot

tumblr_kojbhkymOJ1qzbvcio1_500.jpg

tumblr
christina-applegate-1017074.jpg

topsocialite

90s hair and makeup;big hair on the side and brick red matte lipstick!
fc28264d-bea1-41bb-90ee-15da9049f72c
linda%2Bvogue%2B1992.jpg
RS578-RS.jpg
eph9i4qjmpj4pe9p.jpg
445oxvida16b44o1.jpg

fanpix

^ WOW. :shock: Such a 90's overload haha! But I do have a soft spot for it, especially Kelly Bundy :wub:

90's is my decade, I was born in it, I'd love to see it come back...I don't like the highrise stuff, but I do like the grunge

That girl in the Ketchup commercial looks a lot like the girl in my avatar, Demri Parrott. Gorgeous hair!

i love that this trend is still happening...i want to bring back choker necklaces and baby tees under strappy maxi dresses

I can definitely see the 90's in all these patterned leggings everyone's wearing, I grew up in pairs of flowery leggings and big t-shirts.
Crop tops too. My mum never let me wear a crop top (considering I was only like 8 years old, she was probably quite wise haha)

I keep thinking 'ohh surely it's a bit early to be thinking about 90's style?' but then I remember, 1990 was 21 years ago :shock: )

now if only music scene was as awesome as in the 90s....

I love some of the 90's revival thing, I kind of hated cropped tops then even if I was too young to wear them haha still won't go there now that I can.
The slits is something I', really looking forward to wear!

Anyone who thinks the 90s was a good era of style or thinks it was inspiration is >>>SAD<<<

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, maybe I'm sad, but there's something about 90's that is quite cool. I can't say that I like the whole era, but some style elements from 90's are just priceless. What about grunge? I believe that it is still very inspiring nowadays and floral dresses will never get old

Well, maybe I'm sad, but there's something about 90's that is quite cool. I can't say that I like the whole era, but some style elements from 90's are just priceless. What about grunge? I believe that it is still very inspiring nowadays and floral dresses will never get old

okay im sad too, cos i agree with you!
90s had grunge and brit pop, so when it comes to cultural changes, kids today can only dream about it....
as for fashion, Gucci and CK had amazing, memorable collections in the 90s. Galliano's and McQueen's creativity was stronger than ever and Marc Jacobs didn't talk about his boyfriend and his rehabs that much, but actually did his job.
there was actual diversity in fashion, between models, between designers... probably one of the most influential photos has to be Bjork's CD shoot by McQueen in 1997.
women of the 90s weren't as stylish as they were a bit bitchy and self-centered and powerful (Kate Moss, Courtney Love,Naomi) well IMO

No worries, i'm sad too!
And you said it! " now if only music scene was as awesome as in the 90s...."
i miss the old good days!

Anyone who thinks the 90s was a good era of style or thinks it was inspiration is >>>SAD<<<

They'd still be a lot less sad than anyone who thinks the 80s were a good era of style/inspirational (and they did, for a long time- till just a couple of years ago in fact).

^ I'll give you my shoulderpads when you pry them from my cold, dead hands! :boxer:

But other than that, I agree. The '80s were so affected. Maybe I'm misremembering, but the thing I loved most about the '90s was that it was more comfortable and so much less fussy than what came before or after it.

Isn't it a little soon for a comeback, though?

When I think of 90's style I think of:

- that whole "Raver" look: Buffalo platform boots, neon latex high heels, midriff baring halter neck tops, fishnet tights and tops, etc. In high fashion, Helmut Lang and Thierry Mugler did this, I believe.

- the unisex look: both women and men wearing loose fit white t-shirts and light blue denim jeans with denim jackets

- another typical look of the 90's to me is the spaghetti straps floral mini skirt with a white tee underneath paired with tennis socks and sneakers (!) :sick:

I love a lot about the 90's, especially the music and TV shows, but fashion wise there were some vile things going on that I don't really wish to resurface anytime soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->