The H&M Thread #4

The past few times I've been in H&M I've been tempted to buy a pair of jeans, because they are so inexpensive!
I never have because I'm not sure about the quality or how comfortable they would be. Am I just being silly? Are their jeans decent enough?

^H&M jeans are without a doubt the best I've ever worn. The fit is great and they last forever. I even consider their lower priced ones to be the best of their line. I own two pairs that were less than 10€ which I got about two years ago and they're still as good as new. They don't look cheap either which made me question why I'm supposed to pay so much for a "decent" pair in the first place.

^H&M jeans are without a doubt the best I've ever worn. The fit is great and they last forever. I even consider their lower priced ones to be the best of their line. I own two pairs that were less than 10€ which I got about two years ago and they're still as good as new. They don't look cheap either which made me question why I'm supposed to pay so much for a "decent" pair in the first place.
You're right, they don't! I think I'm going to to buy a pair anyhow and see for myself ^_^
Thanks!

Wow, can't say I agree with that. I've only had two pairs of H&M jeans in my life, both I've only worn and washed a few times. They start sagging really bad around the butt and waist after wearing them for an hour and I think the denim is kind of itchy. I'm definitely not a fan, I'll stick to more "expensive" denim brands like Current/Elliott (you can get them for the same prize as H&M's in sales anyway).

Wow, can't say I agree with that. I've only had two pairs of H&M jeans in my life, both I've only worn and washed a few times. They start sagging really bad around the butt and waist after wearing them for an hour and I think the denim is kind of itchy. I'm definitely not a fan, I'll stick to more "expensive" denim brands like Current/Elliott (you can get them for the same prize as H&M's in sales anyway).

I agree with you. I think they're uncomfortable and sag. They fit way too low. I'm a big fan of mid-rise and all they have is low rise. I have 2 pairs, one grey one which is OK but the material is a bit uncomfortable and they're low waist. Another is their &NOW denim, a pair that doesn't have pockets in the back and they're like leggings. They are low waist too. I don't wear them often at all. :unsure:

H&M's first ever shop within a shop opens here in London a week on Thursday, in Selfridges. It's going to be 'curated' by special guests, selecting the pieces to go into the concession from the entire range, as well as exclusive pieces being solely available within Selfridges.

Sounds pretty cool to me.

From H&M's Facebook..

H&M
is opening new stores this week in Germany, Greece, Poland, Sweden, Turkey and USA. We are also coming to Jordan, Morocco and Singapore in autumn, and we are launching shop online in the US in the beginning of 2012. Find out more on http://www.hm.com/ or download the H&M Apps for further details!

i have not seen the leather shorts as pictures in carolinesmode at all at my stores.

i checked my store yesterday for the new H&M magazine but didnt find it, also.

i have not seen the leather shorts as pictures in carolinesmode at all at my stores.

i checked my store yesterday for the new H&M magazine but didnt find it, also.

Checked for the shorts in Rotterdam today. It's a big store with Trend (I think it's Trend right?) and they didn't have them. I asked for them too but she didn't know them..

shop in shop is always an interesting concept. it lets them see what the response will be like without investing too much money.

the exclusive items is a nice touch.

Checked for the shorts in Rotterdam today. It's a big store with Trend (I think it's Trend right?) and they didn't have them. I asked for them too but she didn't know them..

Same here, went to three stores in Amsterdam (all carry Trend) and no sign of the shorts.

I saw the shorts in Berlin today, in the Trend department. They looked really short, more like hotpants.

Leigh Lezark is the first to curate the Selfridges H&M..

Leigh Lezark is next up on the H&M collaboration front. The Misshapes DJ and model will work with the Swedish high street brand to launch its first ever shop-in-shop in London's Selfridges department store on August 25 at 9.30am. She will also guest-curate an exclusive selection of the latest key fashion collections and accessories.
"I love shopping at H&M and I always make sure to visit Selfridges when I am in London. I've worked with H&M on many occasions and when they approached me to curate a collection especially for their new, first ever, shop-in-shop, I was delighted. My philosophy on both beauty and fashion is to be yourself and find your own style, so for me the new edited down H&M at Selfridges is an ideal shopping destination," says Lezark. "The curated pieces are, I feel, modern classics everyone should have in their wardrobe - and I have tried to throw in some colour too!"

^ that to me is just pointless.

she's just selecting some H&m pieces that she think is best and throwing them together in one place.

elle magazine is also "curating" some H&M pieces that will be sold to americans on elle.com in september

I don't really think it's pointless personally, I suppose it's an idea that's been done many times within the luxury sector, with stores like Collette. I think it could be quite cool.

I'm guessing they'll also be selecting/styling looks that will be used too on the mannequins or windows. It makes sense too as the H&M within Selfridges isn't huge, so it could never possibly stock a whole department apart from Trend perhaps, so this will give it at least some cohesion.

Weirdly placed within the stores though, next to Karen Millen and across from All Saints, whilst I'm sure they're very happy with it I can't imagine the other brands are. H&M is much below their own price points.

Same here, went to three stores in Amsterdam (all carry Trend) and no sign of the shorts.

Checked in Antwerp today. Both stores with Trend but no sign of the leather shorts either (and they always have everything). I'm annoyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->