What Are You Reading?

LLaura

Reaction score
What are you reading right now?

I'm reading a few Barbara Cartland novels all at the same time! :lol:

talk of the town - suzanne macpherson

i just started it and it's pretty cool so far. :P

Great thread, Llaura! :flower:

Just finished Door to Door by Tobi Tobin (about LA club scene and author working as a door person)

And began Pigs at the Trough by Arianna Huffington

Cool topic...

Breathing for a Living: Memoir by Laura Rothenberg

Creole by Jose Eduardo Agualusa

War of the Saints by Jorge Amada

If Beale Street Could Talk by James Baldwin
Oria -- my grandfather is Creole, if you wanna discuss the culture sometime you're welcome to PM me

Originally posted by shajopri@Oct 12th, 2003 - 2:44 pm
If Beale Street Could Talk by James Baldwin
Oria -- my grandfather is Creole, if you wanna discuss the culture sometime you're welcome to PM me
Thanks, I'll definitely PM you once I'm done reading the book. :flower:

i've been reading a lot of Jackie Collins lately...i've read around 10 of her best books till now...
tthe current one is Lovers & Gamblers though
i might sound like a horny schmuck but her books ARE gripping and fun!! lol

I'm reading The Devil wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger, it's a real good read for all the fashonistas of today(I must admit I'm one of them).It makes you realise that all the designer shoes, bags and clothes can not make up for true happiness. This girl out of college basically gets a job as the assistant to the editor of Runway, the biggest fashion magazine of the world.The editor is a complete b*tch(hence the title) and this poor girl has to cope with her attitde, rudeness and lack of appreciation. I can't put it down!

Originally posted by lainey_b@Oct 15th, 2003 - 10:45 am
I'm reading The Devil wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger, it's a real good read for all the fashonistas of today(I must admit I'm one of them).It makes you realise that all the designer shoes, bags and clothes can not make up for true happiness. This girl out of college basically gets a job as the assistant to the editor of Runway, the biggest fashion magazine of the world.The editor is a complete b*tch(hence the title) and this poor girl has to cope with her attitde, rudeness and lack of appreciation. I can't put it down!
lol...and this book if I'm not mistaken has made ms. weisberger an outcast amongst fashion journalist, because it's said to be about Anna Wintour (big chica of Vogue)...

wuthering heights- emily bronte- a classic ( well i'm a senior majoring on comparative literature- what would you expect? i finish a book every week :smile:

I didn't know that fashion insider, do you think it's true? I don't know what Anna Wintour is like myself but if it is true , talk about a slap in the face!

I'm trying to make my way through The Lord of the Rings...I think I'm the only person on the planet to have not read it yet.

dont worry littlered, i havent read lord of teh rings....and i havent read harry potter either.
and you, gobi-- dont go killing somoene now! :lol:
i read it when i was fifteen and i didnt understand a thing...i have a copy..i might read it again now that youve mentioned it.

I just finished reading "Pride & Prejudice" by Jane Austen and now I'm starting to read "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte.

Originally posted by lainey_b@Oct 16th, 2003 - 9:32 am
I didn't know that fashion insider, do you think it's true? I don't know what Anna Wintour is like myself but if it is true , talk about a slap in the face!
Yeah that would be a slap in the face, no I don't know if its true. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->