• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What to wear when you're slumming

I usually just wear black yoga pants or sleep shorts and a tank top, if I've got chores to do or I'm just hanging around the house.

i never used to wear sweatsuits of any type, but two winters ago, i acquired a black top and bottom when i needed some emergency layering pieces. i wear them separately, however. i also have my ex's old, paint-stained grey sweatshirt that i'm very fond of because the fleece is worn out and very soft.

my favorite bottoms in the summer is a pink plaid pajama bottom with a ribbon tie at the waist. i wear them with whatever tee i wore in the daytime, or maybe a sheer sleep tee that i've worn a few days running.

i'm also fond of wearing overalls, both short and long. i have a pair of shortalls, two pairs of long ones (one is loose, the other fitted), and a very faded denim one.

i'm barefoot at home or else wearing some soft slippers.

^ I'm barefoot in the summer, but in the winter I love those fuzzy butter socks :heart:

mostly a pair of printed MC Hammer-ish pants or some pajamas pants and a t-shirt. If I'm cold I'll put on a sweatshirt with one of my old school's logo on..

If I have to go out for grocery shopping or the likes of it. I put on a pair of jeans instead and if I have the time I'll roll them up a bit..

men's boxer shorts and a tee.
if i'm cold i'll put on my pyjama pants

I have a wonderful hoodie dress that I got at Target that I wear most weekends, especially if I have to go somewhere because it's comfy but I don't look like I'm in my Pjs:smile:

Always huge woolly socks. My feet are always cold. And sometimes...I wear tights as pants. But only in the privacy of my own home -_-

When I'm inside cleaning or just relaxing, I usually wear casual dresses. I have a few knit ones from the Patrick Robinson for Target collection that are perfect for days like that. I switch the dresses for dark jeans and tops when I know I'll be getting dirt on my clothes. As for shoes, I never wear any inside the house. Never have, never will!

i have another favorite for home! it's a very loose and long ethnic print dress with batwing sleeves. it's very light and airy. i love swishing around in it.

i only have that one, which i found at a thrift store. i am patiently waiting to come across and collect more. -_-

I dress so hippyish and boho when slumming it its unreal.. i always wear supper baggy linnen or light weight pants with loose flowing tops etc. I also layer alot when slumming it .. honestly remember when mary kate went through the boho vase haha that pritty much sums up what i end up looking like lol :rofl:

At home i mostly go for baggy t-shirts(my brother's ones mostly)and shorts if it's summer..
In winter i wear baggy t-shirts again but with long sleevs or i wear jumpers.
If i am not going out,i am like this all the time :smile:

Long t-shirts, leggings & slippers. Ideal for round the house, sleeping in (minus the slippers) & even going to the corner shop!

a legging with a white oversized t-dress! and old shoes (maybe bare foot because i like non of my shoes to get dirty) or a pair of flip flops or something. old flats.
whatever!

I love slumming :rofl: In winter mostly it's sweatpants, yoga pants, my fiance's t-shirts, hooded sweaters and big ol' socks, lol. In summer it's usually short shorts and a tank, or cotton sundresses.

^ I love it too :heart: I was just noticing this weekend--while slumming--that my Chefwear pants are starting to fray at the bottom. I'm afraid it's only a matter of time now ... :( I've had them for over 7 years. You really get your money's worth, I recommend them to slummers everywhere :D

Well I'm dressed in slum clothes right now or [Never Leave The] House Clothes.
During holidays and days I just know I'm not going to leave the house I have a selection of clothes to wear - mostly destroyed in some way, way too big or completely unwearable.
Currently wearing a Burberry's of London (that's how old it is) cream low v-neck cricket jumper with navy linen trousers that are seven inches too big at the waist. Matching those with a Chinese silk jacket that I wore too my prom but is now way too big.
Other favourites of mine are a 53 inch chest cream Ermenegildo Zegna cotton-silk blend jumper that is sooo comfortable and a Paul Smith Black grey stretchy cotton cardigan.
Failing the favourites it's a massive tasteless silk shirt.
The different colours clash so much but that just emphasizes the fact that I'm not going outside.

When we go to the allotment I have a blue and white grid Dior shirt that is hyper-old with holes in several places and navy cotton-elastic DKNY Jeans trousers.
These are usually matched with a silk scarf.
Days off = no-brainer for clothes

Last edited by a moderator:
I love slumming! :woot: As soon as I get home, I take off my trousers and put on some sweatpants. I usually leave on whatever top I was wearing. When I don't intend to leave the house at all (yes, that happens pretty frequently, too), I wear some old, not-so-pretty-anymore t-shirt, throw a sweater over that and put on my sweatpants. Sometimes I don't even put off my pyjamas, though. :P If it's really freaking hot in summer, I wear shorts, a sleeveless top or loose shirt and go barefoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->