Who Will Sweep Up the Fall 2015 Shows?

I love how everyone is dissing a 17 year old girl on her third huge season. She did 53 on her first and was second last season with 62 shows. Other girls who debuted the same time she did are now either GONE (Imaan, Ronja, Charlene Hogger, Sophie Touchet, Emma Waldo etc remember them?) or in a 30 to 40 (Ola, Lexi and Harleth) show range. Even the compliments for her are passive aggressive. Remember this is the kid who opened for Marc Jacobs and Victoria Beckham and closed for Jil Sander and Christopher Kane on her first season.

She did a 7 shows in a day in London, but gave up a few shows in Paris to spend time with her brother. So let's dismiss the girl as a filler model. Sheesh.

Filler or not, she did make it through a massive numbers of shows.

ALEXANDRA ELIZABETH
NY: 21
LONDON: 8
MILAN: 17
PARIS: 21
TOTAL: 67
OPENED/CLOSED: 3 | 2

JULIA BERGSHOEFF
NY: 23
LONDON: 1 (EXCL)
MILAN: 13
PARIS: 17
TOTAL: 54
OPENED/CLOSED: 5 | 4

I did make the full showlist, if interested i'll post it after work. It's not in the right order yet.

Julia closed 5. The showlist thread said it's Katlin but app. is wrong.

INE NEEFS
NY: 17
LONDON: SKIPPED
MILAN: 14
PARIS: 15
TOTAL: 46
OPENED/CLOSED: 2 | 3

I love how everyone is dissing a 17 year old girl on her third huge season. She did 53 on her first and was second last season with 62 shows.
Even the compliments for her are passive aggressive. Remember this is the kid who opened for Marc Jacobs and Victoria Beckham and closed for Jil Sander and Christopher Kane on her first season.
She did a 7 shows in a day in London, but gave up a few shows in Paris to spend time with her brother. So let's dismiss the girl as a filler model. Sheesh.

You really shouldn't blow this out of proportion, I don't think anyone on here denied her accomplishments or has been dissing her. Certainly not 'everyone'. She looks great on the runway and the entire fashion circus seems to agree since she redefined 'sweeping'. However if you wander through her thread it seems obvious she shines on the runway and maybe not so brightly in print and it is my personal opinion that she might lack potential in that area. But what do I know since I claimed the same about a certain Julia Nobis. ( Still stand by that though). Anyway no passive aggression, no dismissal, calm down.

Last edited by a moderator:
^
Exactly

People have opinion, some member here even make a joke about Karlie as a filler also.

Top shows usually pay 1500 to 2000 dollars. 500 dollars for presentations and smaller shows.

Agencies like IMG and DNA would usually choose shows in the 1500 range.

Milan and Paris shows usually pay 2000 dollars that's why most top models opt to only to only so those cities.

They actually make more money than that for many top shows, depending on the girl. A bit model like Julia Nobis can make upwards of 10K for a single show.

Really Julia N?

Anyway, Maartje said on her instagram she did 63 shows. Can figure out which one I missed.

Top shows usually pay 1500 to 2000 dollars. 500 dollars for presentations and smaller shows.

Agencies like IMG and DNA would usually choose shows in the 1500 range.

Milan and Paris shows usually pay 2000 dollars that's why most top models opt to only to only so those cities.
They get paid that much? For a single model in a show? Then how many a model who walks 50+ shows a season earn? That must be insane!

^ Many of the newer models won't see much of the money they earn because it will go towards their agencies, travel costs, model apartment rent, food.. but the ones who have paid back their debt do live a comfortable life. It must be a nightmare for the newbies when they get paid in clothing.

you can always see that as well, a lot of models i always notice wearing phillip lim products after nyfw :(

Agreed, agreed.
It's usually the way though.

Waleskia's run reminds me of Tilda Lindstam's back during F/W13; neither are showstoppers but they're pretty good at fitting into the lineup of pretty much any HF show, and can obtain a good amount of success while still being under the radar (and I say that as someone who thinks Tilda is hilarious and awesome).

I had to say that the FW2015 season is worth the truckloads of popcorns and sodas. Competition was really tight and position changes, even in the top places and lead changes, happened like crazy. In the end, Waleska and Ljadov both ended with 67 shows, but for me the open/close is the first best tiebreaker, and since Ljadov had the most accumulative show opens and closes she won the season.

Cannot wait for the next season though. I always anticipate times like this.

A fashion did a movie countdown with the top five walkers of the season!

1. Alexandra Elizabeth Ljadov

2. Waleska Gorczevski

3. Maartje Verhoef

4. Sophia Ahrens

5. Hedvig Palm :heart:

I took time to write up a recap for this season here. Hopefully you enjoy my recap :smile:

PS: Excuse all the race car analogies. They're intentionally put there for describing things better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->