YSL Downtown Bag

I'm pretty certain the patent isn't lined completely in suede, only the first cruise deerskin bags were lined in all suede.
I've seen the small ones on bluefly for $800 something...

^ yeah, only the inside edge is suede and the rest is satin.

the first ones that came out had suede on the inside because it was just one piece of leather, there was no lining.

just to bump this thread, Something about this bag I love- I bought one today- python, in a gorgeous color- a mix of jade and blue- i dont know what the color is exactly, I'll post picks when I can- I thought i was over this bag- but in python,ostrich or croc- this bag is gorgeous and timless i think!

I love my Downtown. It holds so much and I like it a lot better than my Muse. I'm looking forward to getting the Uptown this year, too.

I agree uniq that the skins add a special dimension to the bag. I'm not crazy about it in the natural leathers but when I see it in the patent croc it makes me swoon

What a gorgeous color uniq!! I also just got one but in purple patent. I really love this bag and it's nice that the leather is durable so I can really stuff it.

This have become quite an IT-bag in london.. I swear I see at least one everyday.

UniQ, that's gorgeous! :heart:

I wasn't too fond of this bag when it first came out, but I fell for it when it started appearing in coloured patent!

UNiQ.. That bag is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
I'll bet it's almost weightless too ......... love it

^ Aw that's too bad. Maybe I'll check out Muse. But I always end up using my Downtown if I'm going out :heart:

It's not heavy too, unlike some bags (Stam :shock:)

btw, i like this downtown in smooth leather :drool:

Yves Saint Laurent "Downtown Bag"

I can't believe i never post this bag...
i really love the looks of this bag, the slouchiness and the bucket shape

Yves Saint Laurent Downtown Smooth Leather Tote
Smooth leather with gold-tone hardware and buckle detail, double top handles; 6 1/2" drop and double top zip closure, outside pockets: two zip and one pen with snap closures, interior zip and cell phone pockets, suede lining
size : 13"H x 19"W x 10"D
currently retails for $1795

smooth_Picture8.jpg

smooth_Picture9.jpg

smooth_Picture10.jpg

pics from http://bagcraze.blogspot.com/

who makes this, it looks so much like the downtown bag but isn't!:flower:
pic imageavenue.com

Attachments

• black bag.jpg
    black bag.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 13