YSL Downtown Bag

I just got (through accident to be honest) a black downtown and debating keeping it. I've used it for the past couple of days and I like it but I'm wondering if perhaps another color would have more OOMPH.

Black is classic and I enjoy it a great deal but the violet is so gorgeous...

hi luxx i'm dying to get any downtown in any color :P leather only though, not the patent one. did u get it on sale?

Yves Saint Laurent "Downtown Carry On Bag"

Large Downtown Carry On Patent
Patent leather carry-on with double zip closure, brass hardware, functional brass lock and key, luggage tag and inside-zip pocket.
size : 16'' H x 15'' W x 10'' D
currently retails for $1895
small_Picture6-2.jpg
small_Picture8-2.jpg

small_Picture7-2.jpg

Small Downtown Carry On Patent
14'' H x 12'' W x 10'' D
currently retails for $1795

Large Downtown Carry On Flannel
Patent leather carry-on with double zip closure, brass hardware, functional brass lock and key, luggage tag and inside-zip pocket.
currently retails for $1795
small_Picture13-2.jpg
small_Picture15.jpg

small_Picture14-1.jpg

Small Downtown Carry On Flannel
14'' H x 12'' W x 10'' D
currently retails for $1695

Large Downtown Carry On Leopard-printed
Leopard-printed calfskin with leather carry-on with double zip closure, brass hardware, functional brass lock and key, luggage tag and inside-zip pocket
currently retails for $2895
small_Picture28.jpg
small_Picture29.jpg

small_Picture30.jpg
small_Picture31.jpg

Small Downtown Carry On Leopard-printed
14'' H x 12'' W x 10'' D
currently retails for $2595

Yves Saint Laurent Medium Downtown Vinyl Tote
Vinyl midsize bag with side-zip closures, brass hardware and front pocket. YSL.COM EXCLUSIVE.
size : 14'' H x 10'' W x 8'' D
currently retails for $1395
small_Picture16.jpg
small_Picture17.jpg

small_Picture18.jpg
small_Picture19.jpg

source : http://bagcraze.blogspot.com

hi luxx i'm dying to get any downtown in any color :P leather only though, not the patent one. did u get it on sale?

I did get it onsale, through Bluefly but I'm never ever ordering from them again. I ordered the patent quilted downtown and got sent the black leather - granted I grew to love it and sorted it out with customer service but just the hassle of that whole ordeal is enough to turn me off their whole site.

I keep hearing about people finding Downtown deals though on Purseforum

1,300 for vinyl? no.

i saw the jaguar print one at saks, and i died for a bit. then came back to life.

Luxx i do heard a PF member got the large DT only fore 500$ from nordies... not sure though which one :(
i sooo wanted to have one esp i that price LOL

Luxx, black is always a classic, but it depends on if you feel you have too many black bags :wink:
My SA had the black downtowns left when I checked, but I really wanted something colourful and ended up snagging a medium downtown in violent patent :sneaky:

Oh and there's a couple of suede downtowns up on Bluefly in embossed croc..those are gorgeous :heart:

From bluefly.com:

Grey embossed suede:

Almond embossed suede:

Black patent embossed croc

Chocolate embossed croc

the grey is gorgeous, its on bluefly already? i thought its new for spring?!

Me too, I thought the grey embossed nubuck is for S/S08, but well it's on bluefly :huh:

bluefly gets current season now, it's like a normal store now instead of just an outlet.

Is patent leather? Sorry if I sound stupid.

I am still looking for a violet patent downtown. If anyone know any leads, please let me know. :smile:

I think patent is not necessarily leather, rather it is the name of a treatment process used to give a shiny, glossy finish. :flower:

Luxx, black is always a classic, but it depends on if you feel you have too many black bags :wink:

The sad thing is I only have one other black bag, my Stam. I guess I'm just not used to getting something that isn't a color. I suppose I will have to make it up to myself via purchasing some more colorful bags :buzz:

Its amazing how I can rationalize a purchase into more shopping. I should get un-lazy and post some pictures of my downtown.

I love love love the flannel version but its so much money for flannel! I want it to go on sale because over 1K for something made out of an old plaid shirt is just not cool.

This seems like the kind of bag you could get in a variety of colors...
Oh dear. I've shot myself in the foot now haven't I.

Luxx i do heard a PF member got the large DT only fore 500$ from nordies... not sure though which one :(
i sooo wanted to have one esp i that price LOL

I know what you mean seahorseinstripe but keep hope! Sometimes deals pop up when we aren't looking for them. I'm sure you'll find a great Downtown on sale. If its on sale at one Nordstrom it has to be on sale at others right? I would think that would have to be the case - perhaps if you call customer service they can help locate one for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clem3166
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->