Carine Roitfeld’s New Project

I'm here for a Carine fragrance. She should have done this years ago.
Magazines are DEAD. Her timing is perfect.

Carine is working harder than Kris Jenner. She has always been about her money.
I can only respect her and hope that it works...
I find the typography quite lackluster...

One thing is sure, she’s not going to be like ALT and complain about how she has not made money in her career.

From Dazed Beauty

TEXT BENEDETTA MELINI
AND THEY ALL SMELL DELICIOUS

For over thirty years Carine Roitfeld has personified Parisian glamour through her audacious yet elegant style. Now the former editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris is launching Carine Roitfeld Perfumes, a collection of seven genderless scents inspired by seven fictional lovers from seven different places around the world. Speaking to The New York Times, Roitfeld said: “I did a lot of collaborations, a lot of magazines, but it was always something transient. But for me, perfume is a way to have a legacy. Like Miss Chanel. Chanel No. 5 has been around for almost 100 years.”

The new scents will be launched with a campaign across Paris: 4,000 posters portraying Carine nude, looking out a window and making a peace sign with one hand. The picture was taken by Carine’s daughter Julia Restoin Roitfeld and we are sure it will heat up the streets of the French capital in full CR style.

Before starting her eponymous fashion publication, CR Fashion Book, Carine Roitfeld made a name of herself by bringing a brazen erotica to fashion. From her provocative Vogue editorials to her x-rated collaborations with Tom Ford, Carine has been shaping fashion with taboo-shattering imagery of leather, spiked heels and bare skin. With these new perfumes, available from May, you too can get a piece of her sultry elegance.

Carine is working harder than Kris Jenner. She has always been about her money.
I can only respect her and hope that it works...
I find the typography quite lackluster...

One thing is sure, she’s not going to be like ALT and complain about how she has not made money in her career.

Has Emmanuelle been complaining about making no money?

I know people who work with her and her magazine is a fake and a scam, she paid for fake followers and likes, I don't wanna be that b*tch, but she he just an old name in the industry, since she left Vogue she leave thanks to favors from old big friends and putting a name everywhere she can. I hope her perfume will sell better that her magazine...

I know people who work with her and her magazine is a fake and a scam, she paid for fake followers and likes, I don't wanna be that b*tch, but she he just an old name in the industry, since she left Vogue she leave thanks to favors from old big friends and putting a name everywhere she can. I hope her perfume will sell better that her magazine...
I don’t think people took that magazine seriously in the first place.
Everybody knows about the likes and followers but CRFB was more of a business card for her. I don’t even think she is interested in that tbh.

Her trajectory is not as different from other people in a similar position in the past. She works for big names, she is collecting her money and she is going to be like Carlyne.

Her perfumes smells well. I don’t know if they sells well but it was very pretentious of her son to see her as a brand.

Having her son managing her career is not the best idea she had.

With Carine the problem is that she is less iconic than she thinks she is.

I still believe she’s a great fashion stylist but her attempts to brand herself are kind of desperate.

And that was her son’s idea. I thought he was an Art Dealer...I don’t know how he suddenly became involved in her business.

I mean, she has long-standing contracts with Tom Ford, Karl Lagerfeld and Max Mara...Plus some things with LVMH and Chanel. You could think it’s enough.

Irreverent was perfect but everything that followed is weird. Fashion editors are niche by definition so I don’t get that desire to be mainstream.

Her perfumes smells well. I don’t know if they sells well but it was very pretentious of her son to see her as a brand.
And that was her son’s idea. I thought he was an Art Dealer...I don’t know how he suddenly became involved in her business.
That's the thing as a 20-ish, I know her because I work in fashion and I read and learn, but I can't see the girl who buy perfume at Sephora buy her perfume, am not into beauty and more particularly in perfume business but when you sell a perfume as a person and not a brand you need a huge following. And I don't see her having that, she only gets an invitation and gift because old people from LVMH return her favor (I work for PR at a brand there, and I was really confused why my boss keeps her in her influencer paper since she influence no one and to bring exposure to out brand but anyways). Did she think she is Anna Wintour or something? That's why again you should not involve working with people who don't know nothing about fashion and never work inside, but think fashion and beauty its easy and superficial.

That's the thing as a 20-ish, I know her because I work in fashion and I read and learn, but I can't see the girl who buy perfume at Sephora buy her perfume, am not into beauty and more particularly in perfume business but when you sell a perfume as a person and not a brand you need a huge following. And I don't see her having that, she only gets an invitation and gift because old people from LVMH return her favor (I work for PR at a brand there, and I was really confused why my boss keeps her in her influencer paper since she influence no one and to bring exposure to out brand but anyways). Did she think she is Anna Wintour or something? That's why again you should not involve working with people who don't know nothing about fashion and never work inside, but think fashion and beauty its easy and superficial.

She is not an influencer but she has influence over people who counts. Millennials are fine but they are not the decision-makers. And considering that one of her idea actually helped LVMH make a lot of money, it’s good to see a bit of loyalty in the industry.

I don’t want to dismiss people who are older or more experienced in the industry because everybody is going to be them at some point. She is an influential figure in the industry no matter what. She created careers and there are talents she helped (either stylists, models or even designers) who still matters.

If it wasn’t for her girls like Gigi or Bella for example wouldn’t be who they are in the industry. If it wasn’t for her I don’t think Benjamin Bruno or Julia Von Boehm would have a career. If it wasn’t for her Riccardo would have never had the Givenchy job.

She is not Anna but there aren’t a lot of figures in the industry, as stylists or even editors who have done 50% of what she has done.

I’m totally with you on the perfume tho even if I had the impression the distribution was very niche. I don’t even think they had Sephora as a stockist...It was more Le Bon Marché and pop-ups. Even for that it was kinda off-brand in retrospective.

But if Dello Russo did H&M, Carine is in her rights to capitalize on her name if she wants...

I don’t think people took that magazine seriously in the first place.
Everybody knows about the likes and followers but CRFB was more of a business card for her. I don’t even think she is interested in that tbh.

Her trajectory is not as different from other people in a similar position in the past. She works for big names, she is collecting her money and she is going to be like Carlyne.

Having her son managing her career is not the best idea she had.
Why is going to be like Carlyne? What’s the similarities?

Why is going to be like Carlyne? What’s the similarities?
Carlyne is the only example of a French stylist who had a long-lasting career and who is still working today. And what has kept her relevant over the years is her friendships (her aesthetic while iconic hasn’t always been « on trend »).

Carine is on the same path. The most difficult thing for any creative is to create desire...Even more on younger generations. And that’s a success of Carine. Her work has influenced so many people that at some point, a young designer might want to work with her in the future.

Does anyone know what happened with the magazine this year? I know the entire editorial staff seems to have left... I had some insider info & found the business structure to be kinda an odd premise as they had seemed to want to structure all of her business ventures under one roof (magazine, perfume, styling, talent agency). Not sure what ever happened to it but guessing they couldn't find a way to make it profitable?

I actually really like Carine & have heard nothing but positive things about working with her and her family.

Does anyone know what happened with the magazine this year? I know the entire editorial staff seems to have left... I had some insider info & found the business structure to be kinda an odd premise as they had seemed to want to structure all of her business ventures under one roof (magazine, perfume, styling, talent agency). Not sure what ever happened to it but guessing they couldn't find a way to make it profitable?

I actually really like Carine & have heard nothing but positive things about working with her and her family.
ha i told you she was a scam, all her magazine and digital was a shananigan, i know it. i dont know her but yes she is probably nice but yeah her business structure always look weird, even her lifestyle, i know we can get invite and free stuff, also her name is still something but i smell it immediately. For what i know i work with Josha Glass, and he i remember him having multiple positions like head of CRMen and CR something else, i told him, "how can you work here also for the 2 other CR magazines he just smile and say "we dont do much".

^^^ In time, you’ll get used to the "we don’t do much” isn’t uncommon for these high profile roles at certain boutique agencies/publications. The lowly temps/interns/contractors are the workhorses. The “scam” is legit, and a lucrative role— just depends on which side of desk you’re sitting on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omukai
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->