John Galliano F/W 2005.06 Paris

no...

it's true there's too much info in my brain and i can't remember what i read anymore...:lol:...

Just thought I'd bring this back to let everyone know that the video is up at Galliano.com and let me just say, fabulous. The show was fabulous......

That was SUCH a beautiful show. Could've done without Galliano's ridiculous ego march at the end, though. The smoke and wind machines were a little OTT.

wow. what a beautiful collection. the ego march..it was a bit much, but then again the show was so achingly serene that it was a nice "funny" touch at the end. who are those guys on the side? body guards or pseudo body guards?

body guards. there's always one on either side of him when he comes out at the end of the shows :rolleyes:

ha ha. he should be encased in bulletproof glass..but wait..that would mean he wouldn't be able to throw his hair around in the wind like posessed by the forces of nature. i like galliano.

btw. i like your new avatar soft. is that you? love your shoes :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
The sparks and smoke and stuff scared me. Galliano is so disheveled.

I just saw the video!! WOW! The show was magical. I especially loved the soundtrack. Does any one know names of the songs? Why such emotional songs for Galliano? The "movie set" theme was better executed than J.LO's. The girls rocked especially Caroline Trentini. My favorite part was the "coat dress" section like the one on Lisa Cant. I honestly loved the entire collection exept the pink marabu coat number. However these delicate bias cut dresses he created are a true testiment of the house's dressmaking skills. I can't wait till July for the Christian Dior Haute Couture Collection. It will like christmas in July for me.

The music was awesome though! :heart: I love the song that's towards the middle: "youll be in my heart even when we're apart" (or something like that, hehe :flower: )

And also, I hated these two pieces. When I saw them in motion, I thought they were superb in how they moved and all :heart: (And the shoes aren't so bad afterall)

00310f.jpg
00290f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i just noticed the collection today..i didnt like it completely to be honest but some of it is just beautiful:
00140f.jpg
00330f.jpg

Salvatore, I loved that song too!!! I'm dying to find out about it, it was so beautiful.

I thought the music worked so perfectly with the slightly 30's vibe running through the collection, it added something moody and dramatic. And the sweeping camera angles made it even more cinematic....J'adore J'adore J'adore!!!!!! And yeah, I agree about John's entrance, totally ott, but I'll let it slide because the collection was gorgeous.

There's a song in Spanish. I know Spanish, is anyone interested in knowing the name of it, I could look for it. It talks about "llorando" which means crying.

I think it said "Jandaroo" or something like that. Kind of sounded Celtic :flower:

Your'e funny. It said "llorando" it was spanish. I'm gonna listen to it and see if i can find where it comes from.

Please let me know the name of the song and the artist of that spanish solo at the galliano show is the singer Lila Downs?

Never mind. The song name is "Llorando" ("Crying") by Rebekah del Rio. Apparently it was in the soundtrack of "Mulholland Drive."

that was really fantastic, everything came together...

wonder what everything will look like in the boutiques, because the clothes themselves were pretty wearable:woot: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->