Keds - The All-Things 'Keds Sneakers/Trainers' Thread

TheSweetest

Reaction score
I found this article while looking up the shoes I saw @ Zero Maria Cornejo's spring 2006 show. The clothing were lovely but the shoes were even cuter. I noticed the oxfords @ BCBG too. (i'm so in love i don't know what to do! isn't that crazy?)

"Keds for BCBG and Zero by Maria Cornejo: Keds has gained entry to fashion's inner circle and is collaborating on runway shoes for both BCBG and Zero by Maria Cornejo, whose shows take place today and Tuesday, respectively. BCBG is sending distressed graffiti-print oxford sneakers without laces down the runway, while Zero by Maria Cornejo is going with a few styles, including skimmers in azure colored Lurex, dark brown jacquard and ballet flats with ivory ribbon ankle straps."

credit:wwd.com

I was just wondering if anyone thinks the Keds will carry them in their store or am I going to have to call the actual designer stores to get them?

zeromariacornejo5gh.jpg

I like the 3rd and 5th pairs, but the others I'd pass on. But I like the low, possible toe cleavage look of the those two. :smile:

I can't see the pics that well but they are sort of cute. If keds doesn't carry them then you probably won't be able to get them. BCBG-maybe. But a smaller designer like Maria Cornejo won't have a footwear line really. Even the shoes that Christian Louboutin does for Roland Mouret aren't available for sale...only press/publicity events.

Are you serious? They don't sell those Louboutins for Mouret? Well they must have given Brittany Murphy a pair b/c I've seen her in a pair. I seriously want them!

rolandmouret014ge.jpg
rolandmouret037cp.jpg

Thanks for telling what you know about the Keds. It's kinda disappointing though, to think they may not sell them. I'm just going to wait and see what happens.

TheSweetest said:
I found this article while looking up the shoes I saw @ Zero Maria Cornejo's spring 2006 show. The clothing were lovely but the shoes were even cuter. I noticed the oxfords @ BCBG too. (i'm so in love i don't know what to do! isn't that crazy?)

I wonder how much these would cost, as opposed to the regular Keds trainers...

I was just going to make a thread about Keds in general. I've always loved them, and they're so reasonably priced--so much better looking than Vans, too!

I hate the new stuff in general that they are trying to make as trendy shoes (polka dotted skimmers and such) but the ones for Zero were nice.

On the website now there is one more expensive pair that is 70 dollars...still not terrible, at least in the realm of expensive sneakers.

These ones are a little ugly, but it's part of the trendy look they're tryign to promote I guess
Made of leather
(imgs from their website)

WH16414.JPG

Others:
WF15252.JPG

WH14922.JPG

WF15339.JPG

I think the classic ones look so much better. They should keep the colors simple and just play around with the shapes.

^I love Keds shoes too and I want a pair so bad, as they aren't expensive, but there is no store in germany! :(

I just found out that Keds is now selling those very shoes. Zero by Keds. Lookie! I'm so excited that now I can have them. I really hope they have the gold ones.

$138!!!
WF17244.JPG
WF17246.JPG

WF17293.JPG
WF17250.JPG

keds.com

this was in my local paper this morning. i also read in the june/july issue of nylon that keds is collaborating with an indie poster artist for prints on shoes that will come out this fall. i think the lepre collabo. could work well.

http://business.bostonherald.com/businessNews/view.bg?articleid=142308&format=text

Keds collection aims at high end
By Donna Goodison
Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Keds is partnering with designer Nanette Lepore on a limited-edition sneaker collection that will launch next spring in high-end department and specialty stores.

The partnership reflects Keds’ ongoing push to move the iconic 90-year-old brand more upscale, said Shawn Neville, group president of Keds and Saucony for Lexington-based Stride Rite Corp.
“Although it’s a small business, it’s part of building cachet for the brand as we’ve been repositioning it,” Neville said. “The athletic industry is clearly becoming more connected to the fashion leadership every day, whether it’s Stella McCartney and Adidas, or Vans and Marc Jacobs.”
The collection by Lepore will include 12 to 15 styles tied to the colors and prints of her spring clothing collection and will retail for $60 to $100.
The designer collaboration is the fourth recently undertaken by Keds. It also launched spring collections this year with both BCBG Max Azria and Maria Cornejo, and a men’s line last year with Commes des Garcons that was available in Europe and Japan.
Stride Rite has been repositioning Keds over the last year to boost sales that peaked in 1992 at $372 million but have dropped nearly every year since, hitting $126 million last year. It’s been pulling Keds from value stores and boosting their average price by $10. The company also signed “The OC” star Mischa Barton to woo 19- to 30-year-olds to the brand.
“The repositioning is going very well,” said Heather Boksen, an analyst at Sidoti & Co. LLC in New York. “The premium product in the department store channel has been very well accepted and not just by the teenage customer that they were really trying to target with it. I’m looking for a rebound next year for them.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like what Keds has been doing with everything lately. Advertising, design, marketing. It's really working well for them. But the problem is that I'm just not willing to pay that sort of money. :(

^ I like the look of the scripted ones; I wonder what they say? Not the biggest Keds fan, but Nanette Lepore is often downright adorable. :crush: :ninja:

I think they are super cute - like the dresses in the campaign as well.

the black satin flats actually look like they could be interesting... comfortable for running around on the weekend... i like the low vamp. not sure if i oculd get into the usual keds slip-on style that i wore when i was a kid, though.

i loved the shoes i saw in teen vogue magazine two issues back.
i called my local nanette store and they said they would be available in march sometime.

At first I though this thread was "Nanette Lepore for Kids." lol, but I'm glad it's for Keds & I think they look super cute...I'm very excited to see this!

^haha missbliss i thought for kids too! but yeah can't wait to see

Hmmm I'm needing some new flat work shoes, these look like they'll fit the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->