Nike - The All-Things 'Nike Sneakers/Trainers' Thread

Some of them are a bit too busy for my taste. :P But the second picture here is so cute! I just have no idea what someone would wear them with.

^^they're definitely busy... i'm kind of drawn to the yellow pair with the red florals :P
they're just not very practical for my wardrobe...

here is a little description about the liberty floral print...
from teenvogue.com
February 4, 2009
One of the most wearable and accessible trends for Spring (as seen in the View, Index, and Spree sections of Teen Vogue's March issue!) is the return of the Liberty floral print, first popularized by London's Liberty & Co. department store. The store first opened in 1875, but their iconic small-scale floral prints were not created until the 1920s. Since then, these adorable Liberty of London patterns from have become so popular that they have inspired an entire genre of textile design!

Today, the term "Liberty floral" is loosely used to describe any busy, small-scale flower pattern. However, if you are looking for the real thing, bolts of the original textiles as well as modern updates from the company can be purchased on the Liberty website.

That is a GREAT idea! Make some horrid looking shoes even better (worse) by designing them with poor patterns. Well done, Nike! If I had to pick some I don't hate as much, I'd go with the somewhat white shoes with purple laces in Post #3. Best of them would be the low-top sneakers. Worst of them is... hard to choose.

^^well... my intent with this thread was more to show the prevalence of liberty prints as a fashion trend right now than to sing the praises of these actual shoes...

they're fashion forward in a way because they're utilizing these prints that we're seeing all over the place..

they don't necessarily work every time, but there is something quirky and fun about some of the shoes...

and i think on the right person, with the right outfit they might actually look pretty cool :cool:

we've seen liberty print doc martens...
so why not nike too?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^they're definitely busy... i'm kind of drawn to the yellow pair with the red florals :P
they're just not very practical for my wardrobe...

here is a little description about the liberty floral print...
from teenvogue.com

Those are my favorite too--I like the lowtops best. I once had some floral print (and a solid pair too) 'ballet' tennis shoes with an ankle tie. They were darling ... to me the print would be better on a more feminine shoe shape, like some of the ones Keds does.

If you have to have a serious athletic shoe, though, these are really fun.

Those are my favorite too--I like the lowtops best. I once had some floral print (and a solid pair too) 'ballet' tennis shoes with an ankle tie. They were darling ... to me the print would be better on a more feminine shoe shape, like some of the ones Keds does.

If you have to have a serious athletic shoe, though, these are really fun.

definitely the patterns would seem more appropriate on something like keds, or something with more of a ballet flat look...
even a pair of Toms...

i think that's what makes these more interesting...
Nike has that cool factor--especially with sneakers like Dunks...
and it's interesting to see them made with such feminine, almost delicate prints..
Nike's shoes are also so sporty and masculine...
so the combination seems odd..

i don't think these would appeal to a girly girl...
nike's not necessarily going to pick up a new clientele with these shoes..
but maybe some Nike sneaker lovers who also loves fashion might make these work?

i wonder if there are any street style pics of girls wearing these...
i think it would be really interesting to see how they're worn... ^_^
i'll be on the lookout :shifty:

^i'm glad you started this thread :smile:

i think the purple and blue pairs in the first pic are really cute. i love hi-top sneakers, but i tried dunks on before and thought they were a bit too chunky for me. maybe these ones are slimmed down though, because they're designed for girls?

i could see dark skinny jeans tucked into the purple hi's, with a cream-colored breezy cotton tunic.

I'd wear the last 3 pairs. I'd wear em with skinnies and tees probably. Something plain/simple so the outfit isn't too loud.

I kinda like the blazers, but I don't think I'd buy them.

The rest remind me of old ladies' nightgowns/sundresses and the pair on the right of the first post reminds me of an ugly quilt.

^i'm glad you started this thread :smile:

i think the purple and blue pairs in the first pic are really cute. i love hi-top sneakers, but i tried dunks on before and thought they were a bit too chunky for me. maybe these ones are slimmed down though, because they're designed for girls?

i could see dark skinny jeans tucked into the purple hi's, with a cream-colored breezy cotton tunic.

It looks like all of those, except the ones labeled "Nike Liberty Blazer" actually are Nike Dunks. If you like the blazers though, they're are definitely a more streamlined/slim sneaker.

the blazers definitely look a bit slimmer..
the dunks--even the ones designed for girls--are still a bit wide..

i'm not really a fan of the ones in the second pic of the first post in here either...
they're too patchwork/busy for me...

i feel like the girl in this pic... which i found in the New York Street Style thread :P... could pull these sneakers off with the outfit she's wearing...

either the purple pair in the first post or either of the grey/purple combo pairs in the 3rd post...
she could swap any of those sneakers with the ones she has on in the pic and i think it would totally work...

pic is from style sightings

I think part of the draw is the juxtaposition of a very girly print with a more masculine shape. I contemplated getting a pair when opening ceremony still had them in stock, but they are the kind of thing I find hard to integrate into my wardrobe since I find hi-tops have a tendency to make my legs look quite stocky. But they are gorgeous

I really adore these! :heart: Though, I've always been partial to Converse high tops when it comes to sneakers, I'm really tempted to get a pair of these, if I can find them. And then again, I really don't need more sneakers. :innocent:

I especially love the purple ones from the first post....I could think of a million things to wear those with :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->