Converse - The All-Things 'Converse Sneakers/Trainers' Thread

I want the classic simple blacky to my collection :D
classicchuck.jpg

converse.es

nwbtpe.jpg

Announced today: the first collaboration between Converse and Givenchy, a new sneaker that draws on both Riccardo Tisci’s signature fascinations (crosses, leopard print) and Converse traditions (details borrowed from sixties-era Chuck Taylors). Waiting for, as they say, the other shoe to drop? Here it is: The kicks are available exclusively in Japan; they’ll hit Converse stores there, as well as Givenchy shop-in-shops at Mitsukoshi, Isetan, and Hankyu, on April 27.

givenchy via stylefile

Err... Is it just me or they look BAD. Like brandwhores wet dream. :sick: Those leopard print leggins only add to insult. :yuk:

putting leopard print leggings on the model is a HUGE mistake...
but i think these will do well in Japan

they're just a bit too much for me personally

I was really excited when I read the threads title. I thought of subtile navy/black/assymetrical stuff. But this looks just tacky. At least it doesn't have dogs or panthers all over it.

i got all excited when I read the thread title, but that shoe does nothing for me...

Just stumbled on this... Marimekko for Converse..

Apparently it launched mid-January

Converse x Marimekko's spring collaboration launches later today, but you can peep the whole range here first.
With different motifs (oversize dots, bold zig zags) and colors (oranges and yellows, cobalt blue), the sneaker collection is small but hugely varied, making each pair feel just distinct enough.

While our favorites are the low top zig zags at left, we'd suggest you make up your own mind before the stock hits converse.com. At just $90, they're an easy and very, very comfortable way to make any spring outfit a little more nonchalant.
luckymag.com

Converse seem to be making a comeback around here. They used to be stereotyped here a few years ago.. but now everyone's wearing them. I do like how timeless they've proved to be, and look very easy to wear. I'm wanting a navy pair, the low-cut ones, like the black above.

Anyone had a problem with the sizing? I tried some last week and I had to ask for two sizes down. Their fitting was massive, way too big for me.

Anyone had a problem with the sizing? I tried some last week and I had to ask for two sizes down. Their fitting was massive, way too big for me.
I'm between a EU36 and EU37 and the 36.5 in Converse fit me perfectly so I would say they're true to size for me :P

I've been noticing more people around here wearing Converse again, too. That's nothing unusual, they make a comeback every spring. What's weird is that most of them proudly wear them looking all polished and brand new, that's something people used to frown upon :lol: I still prefer for my All Stars to look a little worn and beat up, though.

I've owned numerous pairs of converse. I love it when they get all worn. I never like to up keep them. They are so comfortable, I've never had a problem with the sizing however my most recent pair was slightly bigger then I was used too.

definitely making a comeback...
no doubt...

it's a 'thang'...

my vote is for an all black high top...
sex-ay...

B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant