Puma - The All-Things 'Puma Sneakers/Trainers' Thread

sounds exciting.....
i like the idea of so much thought and creativity going into a sneaker....

thanks soft....:flower:....
i would love to see a picture....!!!...

:cool:

This sounds really interesting! And a great way to bring in some money, he's still under pressure from the Gucci group, isn't he?

he is indeed tott...

last year he and all the rest of the unprofitable brands at gucci were given 3 yrs to 'break even'...(with the exception of YSL which is in a category by itself apparently)
so 2 yrs left...

but he seems to be confident that they are on the right track...
:wink:

argh does this mean that mcqueen s/s 06 is gonna be as bad as f/w 05 :doh:

:lol:...depends how you define bad VICTIM...
if you mean boring...then ...
yes-probably...

but...
i bet it is extremely profitable...
and that is the 'bottom line' in business...

:D

thanks for the description, soft. can't wait to see actually see the pics. ;P

mb...
check the original article...
prices are quoted and highlighted...:wink:

**i wish someone could post those pics...
i'd like to see them enlarged myself...

^ Me too, and I don't even wear sneakers outside the gym...

just found this....

Sporting goods company Puma has announced a collaborative partnership with designer extraordinaire Alexander McQueen. Together they will produce a new line of men's and women's footwear that will launch in spring 2006. McQueen is an ideal partner for Puma because of his ability to push the boundaries and his craftmanship.

"I have always had a great passion for trainers, so I am very excited about this collaboration with Puma. I am confident that my design philosphy, combined with Puma's excellence in the field, will result in a totally unique product. I believe that this partnership will be a great success," said McQueen.
McQueen joins the ranks of top designers like Stella McCartney, who have entered into collaborative partnerships with athletic goods brands. For Puma, partnering with a leading designer is part of its image as an innovator in the world of sport and fashion. Recently the company opened a store in New York's ultra-hip Meatpacking District, alongside Alexander McQueen's flagship store.

CEO and Chairman of Puman AG, Jochen Zeitz, said: "Alexander McQueen is one of the most creative minds in fashion and his collaboration with Puma will make his work accessible to a broader consumer. The collaboration will connect Puma with the most front-end fashion innovators and take the concept of sport-fashion to the next level. Known for his ability to juxtapose influences, the fusing of sport and fashion was Alexander McQueen's challenge, his response is an unexpected collection that is based on the union of tradition and technology".

The collection will be unveiled during London Fashion Week in September 2005 and will be available at high-end retailers from spring 2006.

***http://www.nwtexnet.co.uk

does this mean we should be seeing this line soon...?!....:huh:....

adore...
we are seeing it NOW...:lol:...

:innocent:

that is what this thread is about....
preview now...in stores in JAN...:flower:

soft....i meant the PICTURES.....
fashion week in london is over.....they are saying the collection has been 'unveiled'.....but all i'm seeing is WORDS....

wondering where the 'collection' is....:huh:....

:flower:

adorefaith....

check the link in post number 6...
:wink:...editor preview...

edit-and thanks the fashionologie for the link.... :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
i went to the party for this
they showed the shoes on big flashing screens, but they werent very memrable, just black

jadedomega said:
How exciting, two of my favorte things together...
I know. I have to make friends with someone at Puma, thier discount is 50% off and the Georgetown store WILL be getting the McQueen line...I cant wait, couture cutting in a pair of mainstream shoes? Eek, so excited...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->