Puma - The All-Things 'Puma Sneakers/Trainers' Thread

Originally posted by faust@Nov 17 2004, 05:46 PM
it's a cool shoe, but everyone and their mother wears them around here.
[snapback]436275[/snapback]​

I totally agree. They're everywhere and I'm actually starting get a little sick of them.

1733-111377-d.jpg
:heart:

I like the look but they are seen everywhere in SF, as well.

I tried on the Speed Cat and to tell the truth it wasn't that comfortable to me. I ended up getting the Anjan instead.

91938-d.jpg

way cool :smile: I have three pairs of the same running shoe, and it's Puma... just awesome.

Fortunatly my area is about 3 years behind the curve.. so most anything I can find is 'Unique'.. I've had speedcats for a bit, but also like the Kart cats.. mostros.. Sapata, Scrill, and criatura suede..

I bought them a year ago, last pair of light suede footwear I'll buy! They get dirty as soon as I put them on it seems :angry:

Originally posted by faust@Nov 17 2004, 04:46 PM
it's a cool shoe, but everyone and their mother wears them around here.
[snapback]436275[/snapback]​
Yep. Puma is just so damn trendy.

Philippe S+arck Puma 2005 line

Attachments

• 2005puma01.jpg
    2005puma01.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 2005puma04.jpg
    2005puma04.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2005puma05.jpg
    2005puma05.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2005puma10.jpg
    2005puma10.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2005puma12.jpg
    2005puma12.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2005puma15.jpg
    2005puma15.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 2005puma16.jpg
    2005puma16.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
I wonder if those flip-flops at the bottom would be cute on. They look sort of....crazy as pictured.

loving those flipflops bet they are very unconfortable though, but no pain no gain, we all suffer in the name of fashion

tiamaria said:
loving those flipflops bet they are very unconfortable though, but no pain no gain, we all suffer in the name of fashion

If they were design by Philip Stark i almost bet they aren´t unconfortable at all. :wink:

I like the hightops and the grey and white pair. I think the flip flops would be cuter on, plus they're a conversation piece.

Those flip-flops SCREAM S+arck. ... the rest of the shoes are blah... ick. :wink:

stark! they look like mock ups not shoes...so cumbersome with no flow--surprisingly amatuerish. what is the point of mesh if the shoe itself look so unyielding? and the flip flops are the worst...i think the white boots are the most successful.

excerpt from wwd.com

Published: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 next

McQueen Puts Best Foot Forward
By Samantha Conti

LONDON — Alexander McQueen put his heart, his soul — and his own left foot —into his new collection of footwear for Puma. On Monday, the designer, a self-confessed sneaker junkie, revealed the details of his collection, right down to the veins, bones and tendons.
"I was inspired by the look of the foot, the muscles and skeletal structure," said McQueen
"Of course, because it's designed by me, there's also a sick and macabre twist to the designs," he added, with a laugh.

McQueen, who owns 450 pairs of sneakers, said the deal with Puma was not only a natural move, but also a means of building his brand on a more commercial level. The Alexander McQueen Puma line will launch in 200 to 250 stores worldwide in January, including McQueen's flagships in London, New York and Milan.
Prices for the line, which features 15 models, range from 180 euros, or $218 at current exchange, to 240 euros, or $290. The deal is not a license, but rather a long-term partnership.

"It's taught me that my creativity can stay at any level. It's made me a better designer, because I'm covering a whole other part of the market," said McQueen, who was dressed in a crisp white dress shirt, jeans and a pair of one of his new My Left Foot Bound sneakers for Puma.
The model features an imprint of McQueen's left foot inside the sole. The designer cast his own foot in a vacuum mold, and the impression has been suspended in a transparent rubber sole that's visible when the sneaker's turned over.
"Making it nearly killed me. It tore the hairs out of my legs," he admitted with a laugh. The laces of the shoe are woven through leather along the length of the shoe, in a direct reference to McQueen's dress designs.
Other marquee models in the collection include the NY Running Shoe Laser, an elegant model for women featuring delicate, laser-cut latticework on the last. The latticework — and the fine mesh underlay — is meant to mirror the maze of human veins.

The extended toe shape is a McQueen signature and carries over from his shoe collection. "It's inspired by the UFO show, and I wanted it to be modern and elegant, not clumpy. I wanted to do couture cutting for the foot," he said.
The men's Anatomical Low shoes have molded rubber "tendons" that stretch from heel to toe on the sole. There are also vein and skeletal details on the last.

Jonathan Akeroyd, ceo of Alexander McQueen, said the company would initially target top-tier, image-driven wholesale accounts. The line will eventually be distributed more widely. "Lee [McQueen] is keen that this be a commercial product — and a volume line," he said after the conference.

McQueen worked with photographer Nick Knight on the image for the new collection, which is known as ManCat, an eerie photo of a black creature that's half man, half beast. The ManCat tooth, a pointed, cat-like fang with a human root, is the logo for the new brand.

One of the most exciting collaborations yet. Thanks for news, softgrey...

Pictures anyone!?

Thanks so much for posting more information on this. I've been waiting rather imptatiently for more informaton on this collection. Can't wait to see a preview. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->