Louis Vuitton collaboration with Fabrizio Plessi

Dkammern

DÔMMkammern
Reaction score
After designing the biggest Louis Vuitton flagship in Hong Kong, architect Fabrizio Plessi has collaborated with Louis Vuitton creating the ultimate bag stravaganzza.
Aparently, it's jsut a Sac Plat en Cuir Epi (retail price for around $1200). The peculiarity about it, is that Plessi has added an ultra-fine LCD screen with the shape of the luxury house logo in which liquid gold is projected.
For anyone wondering how much that extra screen will cost (given that not only it is top technology but also a very limited edition) --> no less than $50,000!!

(they have also changed the hardware... it's not silver as the regular epi bag, but gold (to match the screen of course)
LV%20-%20Limited%20Fabrizio%20Plessi%20Epi%20Bag.jpg

frillr.com

PS:my opinion on the matter... i am quite biased
on th eone side i'd say don't buy this filthy piece of trash and go get yourself a customized hermes bag that will last for ever! plus, if you go for your personalized hermes, you probably wont have to deal with it being featured in the latests rap or hip-hop clips with hot chicks and flashy cars around... but again that's just my opinon
on the other side... the idea of gold melting is quite atractive... but that's just an evil side of me screaming lavish lavish lavish!

EDIT: it's fabrizio Plessi, no plesi (mods please excuse me and change the title of the thread :flower:)

Last edited by a moderator:
feel free to post it at the Pointless Accessories Designer thread :lol:... a screen! what else, really!?

I think you could get a sac plat and cut out the logo and put in a screen and gold hardware for cheaper than the 50k plus it retails for but ultimately it's quite pointless.

And this is why I think Louis Vuitton should just stick to monogram luggage.

how tacky. they really need to reinvent this logo thing. they are running out of ideas. what's next?? a bag with a logo that changes colors when it gets wet:rolleyes:

while i find this completely ridiculous and for those rare people that find it amusing throwing around tens of thousands of dollars, i do give marc jacobs and LV credit for pushing the boudaries and making fashion and the concept of high end luxury question themselves....although i think this belongs in a contemporary art museum and not on the arms of some overly rich tophy wife....although if it were in a sci-fi film, i'd think it was cool....

so is the platinum version like $100,000??

The technology is great and points to lots of interesting uses in the future..... once the price goes down a bit.
Obviously done for the publicity and visceral responses it's already garnered.

how tacky. they really need to reinvent this logo thing. they are running out of ideas. what's next?? a bag with a logo that changes colors when it gets wet:rolleyes:

:lol: my first laugh of the day. :smile:

actually i prefer that idea much more than this one here.

I have to agree! I think they are just becoming tacky, they need something new :S

I can't belive this is the same brand that made my beloved speedy! It's heartbreaking that they have lost their way like this!

I understand that they have to make crazy uber-expensive bags to get lots of shock appeal, and apparently it works! tPF had several people that went and bought the firebird which isn't it over 5000 dollars? I saw the pics and it looks like some kind of cloth material...CLOTH!!! this isn't chanel or even hermes. alas...i still love their canvas line, the bags are indestructible

actually not for me. I dont mind spending a lot for a bag but that bag is not for me...

Ah, the bag that says "Clearly I have been given much more money than intelligence" :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->