Maison Margiela Artisanal Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

hurry-up-judge-judy.gif

Oh my god it’s wild. I love the work on the extreme proportion, the work on silhouette is a statement in a time of laziness. It doesn’t look like margiela, but I love how he translates deconstruction and other codes into his own way of designing. Like haiders collection I feel energy here. The singer in the beginning was cringeworthy tho. But the rest, very nice.

STUPENDOUS. The plissé hourglass trench coat dress reinforces the fact that Galliano has nothing left to prove. The crown rests surely on his head.

The song, the silhouettes, the self references... makes one wonder if this is a farewell collection? (Farewell to Margiela? Farewell to fashion?)

yass momma he ate and left no crumbs. didnt think fashion like this existed anymore. i hope they keep letting him go full galliano with all the theatrics from now on. so much drama, emotions, theatrics but never gimmicky just fashion at its highest form. Havent felt like this in a show since horn of plenty.

Halloween costume show with models walking like idiots, what a cringefest. Cheap drama for the insta yaas generation. Time to move on and maybe start designing for opera and theater.
Hopefully all the ideas presented here will be translated into a smart boutique collection.

mostly beautiful but some important notes:

- this has nothing to do with margiela lmao
- some of the proportions felt a bit too exaggerated, but in a cartoony way, which i've never felt about john's work before. but he's allowed the occasional slip-up
- no more celebrities as models pls. seeing gwendoline brought thom browne flashbacks and i was not a fan
- hated the live singing; i really don't wanna hear that man again
- this one leaned a bit toooooo heavily on the theatrics. the model choreography felt too affected and unnatural. nothing like his early/dior days

although it could have used a little (or a lot) more restraint, i enjoyed most of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->