Marc Jacobs F/W 2006.07 New York

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
this pic is from yahoo and was posted 7 minutes ago...notice no clothes on the racks... :o :innocent:

ncmd6t.jpg

seeing_double said:
haha...and the show was scheduled for 8...no?

it got moved to 9:30 earlier this week:

A delay in several deliveries of shoes, accessories, and select articles of clothing has caused Marc Jacobs to announce that his fashion show, scheduled for 8:00PM on Monday, February 6 at the New York State Armory, will be delayed until 9:30PM. A last delivery of goods isn’t scheduled to clear customs until late Sunday night, preventing staffers at company headquarters from accessing various fall collection pieces until the morning of the show.

I love the boots...but I dont really like the knit that is on some of the boots...I dont really understand the empty rack concept.....may someone explain?

JJohnson said:
I love the boots...but I dont really like the knit that is on some of the boots...I dont really understand the empty rack concept.....may someone explain?

i think it was because the clothes hadn't arrived yet...
they were going to be late, that's why the show time was pushed back.

I hope he doesn't dissappoint this season, so far I'm not sure I like what I see (even though it's not much)

I do like that taupey-grey skirt suit though.

I'm really liking it as well...it looks very Seattle grunge, but the little girl has grown up...but I could be totally wrong.

Oh I get it now! LOL Thx a lot Kimair for the clarification...yea I know the things are made in Italy, but y do they wait until the last minute to ship the products?

So far I like what I see.. so refreshing after Carolina/De la Renta and all the gorgeous but enuneventful shows so far...

a little review, from yahoo

There was no marching band this time, but Marc Jacobs' show was a crowd-pleaser nonetheless with a fall collection that was more Edie Sedgwick than Grace Kelly.

The Penn State Blue Band kicked off Jacobs' show last season at the New York State Armory, but the theatrics this time were limited to the clothes.

Jacobs cleverly took some ladylike standbys of his past few seasons and turned them into tough-girl accessories. Dainty tea party gloves became leather, elbow-length gloves; mary janes got a patent-leather makeover and their heels were raised to dizzying heights.

Traditional fall colors and cozy fabrics were punctuated by shimmer and shine. Huge sequin berets and metallic leather boots added bombastic accents to slouchy pants layered with dresses, tiny tank tops and oversize, boxy coats.

Jacobs clearly had his younger fans in mind — like Nicole Ritchie and "The O.C.'s" Rachel Bilson, who cheered him on Monday along with longtime muse Winona Ryder — when he designed these looks, whose mix-and-match sensibility give the wearer a chance to reveal her personality instead of her body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->