Model Casting F/W 2022.23

Should she die hungry in europe now or what?

Ask Arnault to kick out Vodianova and her half blooded kids next

I’m not complaining about russian models booking shows. I only answer the question before, it seems the girls are not being affected :flower:

I’m not complaining about russian models booking shows. I only answer the question before, it seems the girls are not being affected :flower:
Russian models, who are individuals, have no reason to be affected by a decision made by their government.

People who are affected, at least in Europe and particularly in France are people from the Art and Culture world because it is Soft Power. It’s a pity because a lot of exhibitions or shows are made by people who don’t support Putin but nevertheless, they are part of the Russian soft power.

In this diverse modeling world, banning Russian models is pointless. They can collateral damage but they are seen as individuals first.

Haven't seen the Russian Super Heavy hitters ie NO Natasha Poly in Europe after walking Kors in NY. I am sure that was NOT the plan.
Same for Irina S and more.
If they can fire a F1 driver for being Russian and every major brand except the Italians pulling out of Russia for the time being (Fact: Italian luxury brands did not want to sanction Russia because they are their main clientele), I would be surprised if there isn't a silent boycott by association especially for bigger models who don't speak out and state which side they are on.
If you can get cancelled for a tweet from 20 years ago, imagine the repercussions of being on the other side during a war.

Another question is could this swing modeling even further from the Eastern Europe model casting model that ruled high fashion catwalks for 20 years? When your fave casting directors (Brokaw, pg, etc) were only putting those girls in front of the designers they worked for.

Personally I want more inclusive runways while still showcasing the full potential of the looks. I would call it "the opposite of Prada" who booked only white Euro looking models for an entire generation and hired Raf who ran Jil sander and Ck the same way. I can see LV leading the way as it has the cache and runway is really to show their accessories anyway.

The only girl standing out for me so far is Hannah Elyse. She's spectacular on the catwalk. She knows what she is doing.

Unlike almost all other girls these days who look like they're confused, scared and nervous when walking...or they look fake fierce, which is embarrassing for them. And frankly, as much as I like Golden Era 90's/00's models, I'm a bit over their stunt casting.

Whatever happened with Felice Nova? I expected her to be everywhere, but she's in Paris and only walked for The Row resort.
I'm very disappointed in the castings this season. I've been very underwhelmed, even when some of my favorite big named models from the 2000s show up in the shows. Though I loved the casting at Off White. Bianca Balti looked amazing! :heart:

Valentino should stop with the street casting. So many girls looking like Bambi learning how to walk and Selena fell like Adam and Eve’s Apple. Poor thing lol. A mess. Anyhow Paris has been boring, they’re dragging the week out by having all the top shows stretched out to the max from one another.:angry: Only here for Omahyra and Yasmeen at Saint Laurent. Cause Off White had big names but it was the most incoherent cast I’ve seen in years, too much going on.

i was waiting for more of Aylah Peterson at PFW this season but happy she's back to YSL. Also happy for Mila Van Eeten resurgence, her face is stunning.
Lola Nicon flopped this season even with her vogue paris cover.. Where's Luna, Kris Grikaite and Birgit? This is sad:shock:

Whatever happened with Felice Nova? I expected her to be everywhere, but she's in Paris and only walked for The Row resort.
I'm very disappointed in the castings this season. I've been very underwhelmed, even when some of my favorite big named models from the 2000s show up in the shows. Though I loved the casting at Off White. Bianca Balti looked amazing! :heart:

I think Felice is at a point in her career where she doesn’t need to walk every show; Rianne, who is one of the biggest, has only walked in a few more shows in Paris than her. I’m more concerned for the likes Elsa Nijman and Mirthe Dijk, who’ve only walked a handful of shows in Paris after strong debuts.

Does Ann Demeulemeester normally have such a big name cast? I thought that more obscure/niche models tended to be cast for that show.

I know I'm quite late to the convo this season, but this Gigi/Bella situation has been building to this point for years. Gigi was the natural beauty, the one who looks like her mother, the one modelling for Guess at 3 years old, and the undoubtedly most beautiful one until about 5 years ago.

Bella couldn't handle living in her shadow, so has worked her *** off with cosmetic work and fitness to perfect her look (and given herself severe mental health issues in the process), she's clearly obsessive about it. Gigi doesn't seem too fussed, not the type to get cosmetic work, has more to focus on (motherhood).

I could see it getting to this point, and it's definitely here. Bella looks more and more like a model, and Gigi looks sooo out of place and just blah, like a waste of space on the runway. It's a funny situation to watch knowing the reality of it. It feels awkward. I can't wait for them both to fade.

Givenchy was very similar to Versace cast

I’ve reallly missed the Russian girls this season - we even only saw Irina in London

I know I'm quite late to the convo this season, but this Gigi/Bella situation has been building to this point for years. Gigi was the natural beauty, the one who looks like her mother, the one modelling for Guess at 3 years old, and the undoubtedly most beautiful one until about 5 years ago.

Bella couldn't handle living in her shadow, so has worked her *** off with cosmetic work and fitness to perfect her look (and given herself severe mental health issues in the process), she's clearly obsessive about it. Gigi doesn't seem too fussed, not the type to get cosmetic work, has more to focus on (motherhood).

I could see it getting to this point, and it's definitely here. Bella looks more and more like a model, and Gigi looks sooo out of place and just blah, like a waste of space on the runway. It's a funny situation to watch knowing the reality of it. It feels awkward. I can't wait for them both to fade.
Controversial but I don’t think Bella had as much work as people think She did - just looks like a nose job and a lot of weight loss to me or maybe that cat eye. Gigi was cute when young and good for the commercial work but she has never been hf. She has now lost her looks imo but will keep her big gigs and keep getting booked for runway because she is so famous.

on the runway however bella totally outshines her now and she looks Out of place. I feel like them sharing a manager has held bella back because they gave so much focus to Gigi when she is now past it. Notice how bella is the one booking the biggest shows this FW eg Balenciaga and givenchy today

More interested to know where Iman is and even why precious lee has booked so few shows while paloma is unfortunately everywhere

I think Felice is at a point in her career where she doesn’t need to walk every show; Rianne, who is one of the biggest, has only walked in a few more shows in Paris than her. I’m more concerned for the likes Elsa Nijman and Mirthe Dijk, who’ve only walked a handful of shows in Paris after strong debuts.

Does Ann Demeulemeester normally have such a big name cast? I thought that more obscure/niche models tended to be cast for that show.
Felice only walked Givenchy in Paris. (Unless we couldn't the row while it was Resort not RTW) so almost everyone was walked more shows that her! lol
But I was very happy to see her at Givenchy, and Louise as well!

Overall I think the casting this season has been awful. Though I was pleased by some girls like Africa Garcia, Jan Baiboon, Caren, Chloe Oh and Hannah Elyse.

Also for those who said only 1 Russian model has been cast, which is a shame that they are getting blamed for what their leader is doing though I suppose that's the only way to stop him, I saw Valery Kaufmann in a show, so that's 2! I feel like the Slavic look really isn't in this season. Asian and African girls have been dominating the catwalk! I love seeing the diversity!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbtina
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->