Model Casting F/W 2024.25

The closing salvo of Georgina, Rianne and Doutzen at Chloé was quite impressive!
Guess you mean Rianne Van Rompaey, right? (Haven't had the opportunity, yet, to watch the show my computer sinking low [changing by april] but will do when I/it can). It's just that for a single second I thought of Rianne ten Haken, somehow. One that I miss. One that was breaking down the fences, even back then. She could have been deemed/doomed commercial but had enough power to hit (hard) high fashion. She was no standout, maybe(?), no milestone, maybe (?) but she left that unwashable mark on her days' fashion. And while I'm happy to see Inguna walking back the runway, Rianne ten Haken is surely one I'd love to see right there, right now today. Among others.

Guess you mean Rianne Van Rompaey, right? (Haven't had the opportunity, yet, to watch the show my computer sinking low [changing by april] but will do when I/it can). It's just that for a single second I thought of Rianne ten Haken, somehow. One that I miss. One that was breaking down the fences, even back then. She could have been deemed/doomed commercial but had enough power to hit (hard) high fashion. She was no standout, maybe(?), no milestone, maybe (?) but she left that unwashable mark on her days' fashion. And while I'm happy to see Inguna walking back the runway, Rianne ten Haken is surely one I'd love to see right there, right now today. Among others.
totally here for it! she’s gorgeous still (I follow her on Insta)

Sorry! It’s Rianne van Rompaey. Rianne the Haken would’ve been epic though!

Seems like the trend of the season is "comebacks and revivals". Did casting directors just realized this was a valuable niche market? Or are some of them as nostalgic as many TFS members? Do they want to prove the world that models can still have a career as they get older or a chance to strike back at the top?

While I surely won't deny I'm also happy to see some faces back here and there, some of them that I had deeply missed for years, and while it certainly is a good thing to see older models doing really well (unless it's a one-season-trend, which is highly possible nowadays), most of this feels quite random and gives me a bittersweet feeling of people having less and less ideas (or taste for innovation).

Regarding the fact older models are doing well, it's great. But it's greater when a new face is like in her 30's or more. Remember when Saskia started her career, she was about 30 when most models were considered too old to begin (or "not fresh" according to some scouts/agents I met) once they turned 18-19... Her talent, her success against all odds were quite a statement. I don't see any statement today. Even if I'm all for returns (I spotted Sophie Vlaming being back, sort of silently for now, the other day, and she looks better than ever), I don't forget that all these models I'm happy to see again today were newcomers when I started liking their work. I want some quality new faces, no matter how old they are, I want to be surprised, thrilled, I need something that boosts my imagination and gives me hope(s).

As for individual castings, I don't really have a favorite so far (and to be honest, I haven't watched everything carefully enough yet). Spotted some interesting newcomers here, and there, almost everywhere, no one stands out so far. Etc. Even Prada didn't look that bad... I wrote here a million times my point on Prada castings over the last 20 years... It can work but it's no guarantee, it has lost its spark being playing the same game season after season, with its share of success stories and disappointments (yet people were still like "Prada! Prada! Prada!" and back to the day like "when will Meisel shoot Kulikova for the cover of VI?!). What I regret, though, is those days smaller, B- or C-lists shows sometimes had the next great ones in their lineup... You know, like when Viktoriya Sasonkina was an absolute beginner and walked for the likes of Yuki Torii in Paris, a few seasons before landing her first Vogue Italia solo cover. That was one of the most interesting part, trying to spot the outsider. That was also the fun part of it.

Maybe the industry has become less infatuated with youth since women are no longer reliant on mainstream media to build and maintain an audience. It feels like the fashion industry is gradually moving away from the dogma that dictated who was the appropriate face to represent a brand or feature on a magazine cover over a decade ago.

I’m enjoying that casting directors are reigniting the careers of models, like Penelope Ternes and Rosalieke Fuchs, whose flames had nearly been extinguished. You also have models like Vanessa Moody, who had moved away from high fashion rather than fading, returning to walk for A-list designers. It’s far more interesting and healthier for the industry to recycle models (to an extent) than continue the cycle of casting new faces only to unceremoniously drop them when they get bored.

Givenchy was so bad. Honestly was hoping for more from Marant too.

Canlan is the ultimate silent killer of the season. She is everywhere!

I’m enjoying that casting directors are reigniting the careers of models, like Penelope Ternes and Rosalieke Fuchs, whose flames had nearly been extinguished. You also have models like Vanessa Moody, who had moved away from high fashion rather than fading, returning to walk for A-list designers. It’s far more interesting and healthier for the industry to recycle models (to an extent) than continue the cycle of casting new faces only to unceremoniously drop them when they get bored.
That has always been enjoyable indeed, I remember examples from the past as well, of models who weren't doing much for a while then suddenly blosssomed or blosssomed again. Kinda had always loved zig-zag career paths anyway.

Givenchy was so bad. Honestly was hoping for more from Marant too.
Well, it's kinda like everybody else stole Isabel Marant's casting choices so indeed it looked less impressive from this angle.

Casting directors have discarded Gesa Passman like a bottle of water before going through airport security. I don’t think I’ve seen another model get relegated so savagely after one season before.

I wonder if Freja will show up this season.

Sherry Shi is doing not so good compared to her prior seasons and Sara Grace seems to have skipped Europe. Quinn Mora did 2 shows.

^^ I thought it was just NYFW that many of the top girls and stars from the past season or two were skipping but it seems like a lot of these girls are sitting out this entire season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->