Model Casting F/W 2024.25

One girl that I haven’t been seeing is Adut! Where is she?? I expected her to walk for Versace at least.

^Yes

What were all these HF veterans doing at Saab and then the epitome of cheapness closed the show :blink:

Last edited:
Not sure what happened with McQueen's casting... Last year it was quality top to bottom. This year it was just C tier.

McQueen show in general was embarrassing.

Wondering why Steinberg has booked only two shows so far - is it new hair colour (considering her wearing a cap at Rabanne

Wondering why Steinberg has booked only two shows so far - is it new hair colour (considering her wearing a cap at Rabanne
As much as I like her face and vibe (and above everything else, her new hair color), she sort of locked herself into some gimmicky character (same pout and "angry" gaze everytime she hits the runway). She's not the first one to fall into this trap, including many models I liked or still like today. Playing this game is risking to last a season or two then people get tired of it. She has already managed to last much, much longer and proved her editorial work isn't bad at all (according to my own taste, I agree that it can be highly discussed though).

I'd say I'm more disappointed to see less Quinn Mora this season. Not on the top of my favorite-list but she's grown on me with every piece of work she did. I like her energy a lot... But well, it's not like it never happened before. Every season I miss some models I enjoy seeing on the runway, and, even more: every single day I miss this one or that one appearing in some high level (or at least decent) editorials.

It's always a matter of taste, at the end of the day. Everyone got his own, casting directors included. You can always keep it as "professional" as you can, trying to pick the most talent ones or give more room to challenging looks (on every kind of level), it's very hard (if not totally impossible) to go against your own personal tastes. And then, come the fast-changing trends, the obnoxious turnover rate... and then the story goes on. Fortunately, slow and steady still win the race every now and then.

What a joy to see Maggie Rizer at Balenciaga ❤️

Joan Smalls and Jourdan Dunn @ Off White. Hoping for a full return from both!

As lovely as it feels to see all these models again, at the end of the shows I'm left with some mixed impressions. No genuine, sincere, heartfelt statement can be found in most of these star-studded castings. Everybody with the money available did it to the max, in all randomness and many of these models are just performing some kind of "cameos". Again, I would be a stupid liar pretending it left me cold to see some favorites from the past striking back at some shows. But would be equally dishonest pretending I trust this trend to turn into something stunning (or even just interesting) on the long run.

The trick of having models who have disappeared from the radar for a while isn't exactly new. I recall some Marc Jacobs show over a decade ago with Ines Crnokrak walking among newcomers of the season and other models of the moment. It was her single appearance in a while, nothing came from her after that. I was so glad she was there but knew deep inside it wasn't meant to last. And that's just an example among others over the years.

Don't want to sound blasé (I hate the feeling of it) or whatever similar, but what could have been powerful in a subtle manner turned into an orgy of comebacks. The bigger names the better, the more unexpected (or wannabe unexpected) the better, the bigger bunch of big and bigger names from the past the better, and so on. And while some previous trends from a recent past were maybe way more obnoxious, I don't see that one bringing something tremendously vibrant to the table, I don't see it changing the game for real (like breaking the rules?)... They want it to be too hot to be true and it turned out as tedious as possible in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->