Phoebe Philo

Thank you Cold! Do you have the rest of the article?

She is lovely, very inspiring and real.

Hard to believe she just barely has three pages in her thread...:blink:

From what I can recall, the article I wasn't able to post is the one from 'Letters from the editor'. It's about what goes on in her personal life and what she has done for Céline. She was also mentioned in Veronique Branquinho's feature, I can't remember what about. I'll try to find my copy at my parents place and scan the ones that weren't posted.

20rvk2d.jpg

2qnryh2.jpg

1i232p.jpg
o8tf2f.jpg

2nhl4ex.jpg
2rf34hi.jpg

2i0ewqa.jpg

m du monde

hpplus.jp

Today's show

1znna5g.jpg

istagram/harpersbazaarsg
2z551jd.jpg

instagram-einstleen
qx78qs.jpg

instagram/voguechinamagazine
16blhs9.jpg

instagram/traceycswong
egrct3.jpg

instagram/locksylou

Phoebe collecting her OBE from Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace.

:clap: Congratulations Phoebe!

*Vogue.co.uk

Highlights quotes from her participation in Vogue Festival:

"Discussions with LVMH before I joined Céline went on for a long time. They started off about me having my own label, and then turned into a conversation about me joining Céline. It hasn't happened so far, but maybe it still will."
"When I came to the house, I had an idea of what I thought the core values of Céline should be. Céline had no recognisable silhouette, no famous historic designers, it hadn't been licensed out in the Seventies and Eighties as many other brands had. I've never really looked into archives anywhere I've worked, actually… I feel, like it or hate it, it doesn't matter, I just like it to be strong. I think it's worth doing something differently."
"I'm real; it's a business. Things have to sell, of course, but if I don't want to put bags on the runway, we don't put bags on the runway. I have complete creative control."
"After the show, it takes me about a month before I feel that I can look at clothes again. I come back to London after the show. We can't go away anymore since we have small children, and the school doesn't like us to take them out but I like to take a few weeks and just get back to normal."
"Women should have choices and women should feel good in what they wear. I'm not a big fan of women being sexualised through their clothes. It's unrealistic to think that the fashion industry, the film industry, the sex industry won't have unrealistic ideals of beauty… but I hope that when women wear Céline, they feel good and confident and strong. And I guess there's a political statement behind Céline, which is that the woman should go out there and do what she wants to do."
via vogue.co.uk

Here is the hour-long interview from the Vogue Festival!

http://www.vogue.co.uk/special-even...14/saturday/the-philo-factor-reinventing-cool

Time 100
By Stella McCartney

Phoebe and I met in 1994 at Central Saint Martins in London. From then on, we were inseparable. She and I worked side by side in Paris, the naughty kids from London coming to the house of Chloé. Phoebe stayed when I decided to start my own label and touched the house with her magic spell, a British talent taking over the world of French fashion.

One of the few female designers, she celebrates the simple and champions the quality and reality of a woman’s wardrobe. When people invest in her work, they have it for life. One of the things we share is the reality that the clothes we design are actually worn.

She is a mother too, and holds her family close; she has a protective shield that the women who wear her clothes feel. Phoebe has so much more to offer, and I think everyone is just waiting for her next move. She has been my friend for 20 years and knew my mum, which means a lot to me. She makes me proud, and I know she will always deliver on the expectations because she has it and ain’t gonna lose it.
Time.com

Last edited by a moderator:

getty

Last edited by a moderator:
T Magazine China

fashionmodels/weibo

The Gentlewoman FW15

thegentlewoman.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members