Prada... The All-Things Prada Handbags Thread

I really appreciate your help, but that's not it either. I should have asked her, but it just didn't seem appropriate. She was at a birthday party and I didn't want to interrupt.

The leather looked really soft, supple and it was sort of slouchy, if that makes sense.

Is there any difference (appearance and feel) in material between a "microfiber" bag and a "nylon" bag?

Microfibre fabrics often have a very smooth, almost "buttery" hand. They definitely don't feel like old-school synthetics.

However, from my experience, microfibre fabrics do tend to be a bit more delicate, especially prone to snagging. I don't think I would get any sort of bag made of a microfibre fabric for fear of it looking tattered and battered immediately.

I think microfibres are generally polyester based, and nylon is totally different. Nylon is great for fabric bags because it is extremely durable, though if ever you do get a tear or one of the seams comes open, it often frays quickly and disastrously. Nylon has another big advantage in that is sheds soiling, and is very hard to stain. It is non-absorbant, and the slick nature of the fibres means that stickier things tend to wipe clean from it.

Its funny how some many people here know so much about bags but when asked a question like this they cant seem to answer it :P :heart:

since microfiber fabrics are made from ultra fine fibers, this kind of fabrics are incredibly silky, smooth, soft, and light, and can also make some of the most comfortable clothes. it's said that microfibers are ten times finer than silk.

nylon is a synthetic fiber with excellent resilience and strength, it's also got high abrasion resistance. also soft and silky to the touch, but definitely not as fine as microfiber.

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Mar 10th, 2004 - 1:03 am
Its funny how some many people here know so much about bags but when asked a question like this they cant seem to answer it :P :heart:
and it's funny how you always come up with some posts like this :innocent:

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Mar 10th, 2004 - 6:03 am
I don't get this because AsYouLikeIt immediately answered the post...?

OK, to tackle the original question: Prada microfibre vs. nylon?

I don't remember seeing any Prada bags in microfibre, only the nylon ones. (Besides leather, canvas and so on.) Is it possible that this question originates from some confusing or incorrect marketing text equating tightly woven nylon with microfibre?

Just wondering. :ninja:

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question!

I saw a bag on Ashford.com that was listed as "microfiber". Other nylon type bags were listed as just nylon. I was wondering if they're the same. I have a "microfiber" kate spade bag in which the material is thicker and less parachuty-like. Just wondering if it's the same case with the prada's "microfiber" and "nylon" bags.

Here's the microfiber prada bag i'm talking about:

http://www.ashford.com/product/index.asp?l...&Ns=PriorityAsh

Hi all

I've been looking for pictures of the Prada canvas and leather bags that they made a few years ago that were super popular - they were plain canvas with coloured leather trim, in a bowling bag shape, they came in loads of colours and were really popular with the editors - anybody got any pictures or know where I might find any

Thanks xxx

Today, i saw a pink prada bag and was wanting a better picture of it. it was a light pink, a barrel style, had pink straps with metal o's. any ideas?

My co worker has the sweetest prada bag in pink.. I think its the one u are talking about eastside..the only thing is that its stamped with prada on the leather... I thought that was a sign of a fake.. Im gonna look around and see if I can find a pic..brb

Missy44x, when you say stamped do you mean embossed? I saw a blue Prada bag that I loved with the name and logo embossed into the leather. I've looked everywhere for it, but haven't found it. Maybe because it's fake...didn't think of that.

I look forward to seeing what you find out.

Originally posted by Missy44x@May 6th, 2004 - 7:53 pm
the only thing is that its stamped with prada on the leather... I thought that was a sign of a fake...
Nope, some bags are embossed with Prada. Usually they are more discreet and don't have a huge visible triangle enamel logo. There might be a smaller one hidden on the back or something, though.

If a bag has both embossing and big triangle, watch out! :P

I think the embossing looks fake.. but thats IMO... Ive looked all over for a pic of her bag.. its is very very beautiful.... but I cant find it :cry:
Okay Ill keep looking and let u guys know :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herb2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->