Prada... The All-Things Prada Handbags Thread

brian said:
i think it's special :P

quite nice actually, for a prada bag... and it's shockingly not made in that disgusting nylon! :yuk: :innocent:

i love when prada does a nice, supple leather bag.
Exactly "subtle" and "leather" are two words the Prada sometimes forgets. I like this bag a lot. :heart:

I tried to warn you -- go pet your Dior Detective until the pain goes away . .

BTW, where did Elsa go???! she started this.

LilyGirl said:
I tried to warn you -- go pet your Dior Detective until the pain goes away . .

OMG.... :rofl:

...and i don't have a detective :cry:

mais non! that's a travesty which must be rectified immediately.

washed bags seem to be a trend...hmmmm

when i was in the city i saw two people with this bag, its alright, not really for me:flower:

This bad is bag... Nyon or leather. And brian, Prada does make a lot of leather bags, I have several...

brian said:
:D i love washed leather ... so soft :heart:

"Distressed" materials does seem to be a trend, doesn't it? Like silk run through a hot wash and then tumble dried?

Sorry, I live in Europe:I disappeared because I was out for dinner, and then sleeping. Probably you are sleeping, now that here it's morning. Thanks a lot for all the helpful advices. I really want to buy this bag. I like it in tan, but I don't have a black one, so I think I'll go for a black. I have to go to the dentist, now, but as soon as I will be out of there: Prada store, I'm arriving!

Here I am. So, I went to Prada in Avenue Montaigne. They had two bags like that, but...I was kind of disappointed about the leather. It's really a strange leather. Not very rich, not soft. It's not just the fact that it's 'washed' leather: the leather is thin, even with the leather lining it looked quite thin. No, this price isn't correct. I thought this bag was great quality, like Bottega Veneta, but it was not like that. The girl at Prada talked about 'distressed leather'. bullsh*t. This thing about distressed leather has become an aliby to hide the fact that for a big amount of money they aren't gonna give you the grat quality your money deserve. Balenciaga does something like that too. But the fact is: give me a vintage design bag with soft extra good leather and I'll be satisfied. I will make the leather look distressed by myself using it for years! That's what I say.

I have looked for about two hours online and on the phone all over the country for info on a PRADA bag I have. I called San Fran, NY, even the Southamptons Saks store. You guys seem really knowledgable about fashion trends, so I thought I might ask you.
Ok, I bought a PRADA at an estate sale of a past runway model. The bag is completely leather and is embossed with airplanes, cruise ships, a bell hop and a set of golf clubs. In the inside it is fully lined and has a leather tag that says ''PRADA for Saks Fifth Avenue''. I have called PRADA, Saks, and NO ONE has heard of it. It is an AWESOME bag and I love it.
There is no way that it is fake, because this woman had MANY vintage designer dresses, shoes, one of a kind items. I just know it has to be real. Has any one seen anything like this??? Or have any advice where I can find out more info. Please don't say to search online...I have search FOREVER already! :smile: Thanks!!!!! Pleeeese email if you would like to see a picture of the bag or if you think you can help me out...or reply of course [email protected] I would love to get it appraised, but have no clue where to go :(

Pics of the bag

For some reason they won't load quickly...it's taking forever. These don't do it justice, but it was all I could get to load.

Ok, finally figured it out. Here is just the bag. I can't post the label or the close up of the embossed, because it says the file it too big. Do I need to save it as something else???

The rest of the photos

FINALLY, got the other two to work. If you can't see them that well, I can send them through email. :D

I don't think it's a fake. It's too unusual to be a fake, however it probably predates Miuccia's involvement with the company. You can read an article about the history of the label here ...the info about their relationship with sea and air travel would explain some of their embossings I suppose. I have no idea what it would be worth, though if it is anything like old Gucci I would say its value would be solely aesthetic or ironic. But I think its a really cool find!

prada is a really old company, so perhaps this bag might be a very old item. way before muiccia prada took over the company in the 70's, it was run by her family. the company goes back to 1913. you might have something very old that was part of a collection produced just for saks. since it's old, nobody you'll talk to in the boutiques or shops will know of it (it's probably way before their time).

perhaps trying to contact an older buyer at saks. they might be able to help you.

AHHH the nerve

Ok, now I am really tired of snotty Prada workers. I called the Prada in San Fran and the girl basically gave me the whole history of PRADA and that it could not be real, because PRADA did not exist in SAKS before 1998. WHAT!!! Then she further goes to tell me that the family really was into boating. WHAT THE HECK!!! Is is real or not. She just jabbered all her knowledge to me and never really told me if it existed. I have called almost every SAKS and no one has been there very long. Can someone please help!!!???? p.s. I live in Cincinnati, the midwest capital of the world!!! I am so fashion helpless on this issue and only have my cell to help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->