Sex and the City/And Just Like That... (HBO Series)

I just watched the first episode of "And Just Like That", and oof. Incredibly cringe-worthy.

I just watched the first episode of "And Just Like That", and oof. Incredibly cringe-worthy.

Oh my god, I was so hoping to disagree with you but I'm halfway through the first one and it's like... it's as if they're name-dropping but with woke gestures and phrases instead of names. Is there a word in english for this? It makes me so uncomfortable, they say things so randomly and it's like... why? I feel like I'm watching Twitter in live action.

First Miranda's utterly dreadful university scene and now we're having a podcast with Callie from Grey's Anatomy and I genuinely can't decide which of the two scenes made me cringe harder.

But it is kinda fun seeing them all together again.

The podcast one is worse because at least Miranda knows she sounded idiotic and the whole scene is meant to be super embarrassing. The podcast on the other hand is just… unbelievably forced and goofy and clearly written by someone out of touch who doesn’t realize it.

Agreed. The second episode felt, tonally, more like the SATC I know and like and it wasn’t super embarrassing like the first episode. Still just not quite recapturing the magic, though.

SHE DIDN'T CALL 9-1-1!

And, she wore a necklace with a big chunky diamond attached to it.

She's totally the Rose Dawson of the New York social scene.

I think she was too stunned to call an ambulance immediately, which makes sense, though I do wish they had showed the call she inevitably did make. I remember taking a CPR class and them mentioning that it’s a real problem that people are often too emotional and not thinking logically enough to call 9-1-1 as quickly as they should.

The weird thing to me was that she was staying in that apartment and had her friends sleep in Big’s spot in bed with her. Somehow that doesn’t add up in my head. Either she would want to be with friends and out if that apartment (and bed/bathroom, specifically) OR she would want to stay there to process grief but would want to do so alone. Or if she wanted to be alone and out of her apartment, she has her old apartment still!

I think she was too stunned to call an ambulance immediately, which makes sense, though I do wish they had showed the call she inevitably did make. I remember taking a CPR class and them mentioning that it’s a real problem that people are often too emotional and not thinking logically enough to call 9-1-1 as quickly as they should.

Man couldn't breathe and she kept kissing him on the mouth it was so ridiculous lmao The whole drama of that lengthy shocking stare between them until she screamed and, worst of all, completely ruined her legendary Manolos!! So many choices were made. But I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, I'm pretty sure I saw pictures of her kissing a guy so it doesn't seem like she'll be in mourning for too long lol Wish they'd reunite her with Aidan once again, although that man was always too good for her.

Reactions: KoV
I kept thinking “is Carrie trying to do mouth-to-mouth to save his life or is she just trying to mack on her man one last time?”

See! This is what would've happened if she just called 9-1-1.

man you guys need to hide the spoilers or… I need to just stop lurking and actually watch this, damnit..

See! This is what would've happened if she just called 9-1-1.

She seemed kind of annoyed by the repetitive homebody lifestyle she was living with Big, so perhaps she saw him in the shower and was like “here’s my chance to finesse that life insurance payout along with all his money, and I don’t even have to file for divorce!”

Love how resourceful and quick-thinking Carrie was. When she kissed him it was probably to block off his air supply.

She seemed kind of annoyed by the repetitive homebody lifestyle she was living with Big, so perhaps she saw him in the shower and was like “here’s my chance to finesse that life insurance payout along with all his money, and I don’t even have to file for divorce!”

Love how resourceful and quick-thinking Carrie was. When she kissed him it was probably to block off his air supply.
Prediction: all that money goes straight to the secretary! We KNOW there's a plotline involved w/ her in the coming eps!

Good thing Carrie was preemptively sucking up to her big time at the funeral.

And just like that... Chris Noth is accused of sexual assault by two women. Quite nasty, very disappointing. Bet the show runners are glad they killed him off immediately.

The problem with so many men (and I say this, tragically, as not only a man but also as one who is attracted to other men lol) is that they literally cannot seem to comprehend the idea that people don't always want them, and that just because someone isn't violently fighting back doesn't mean they're a willing participant. I mean, his text exchanges with the second woman who came forward perfectly illustrate this. He has himself convinced the incidents were not only consensual but enjoyable enough for the survivors that they would want to meet up again. Not that I don't typically believe people when they come forward with the accusations, but I most often don't read the details. For whatever reason I did this time, and it's heartbreaking and detailed and relatable. I know "innocent until proven guilty" and all, but I personally don't ever want to see his face again.

Last edited:
Is anybody else about ready to jump ship on this show? The scenes w/ Miranda + Che in the kitchen, and Miranda + Carrie on her pee-stained mattress, were both incredibly uncomfortable to watch.

I was rewatching the old eps on my holiday break, mainly, the first few seasons. Where & when did they subtract that lighthearted sense of humor, and replace it w/ this incredibly heavyhanded drama?

Is anybody else about ready to jump ship on this show? The scenes w/ Miranda + Che in the kitchen, and Miranda + Carrie on her pee-stained mattress, were both incredibly uncomfortable to watch.

I have a bad habit of having to see shows through, although I am more than ready to jump the ship. What a disaster of a season! Che Diaz ruined my life. Also that entire conversation between Lisa and Charlotte about the only black/white guests at each other's dinner party... they made Charlotte insufferable.

As a long-time fan of the original show, I've been watching the reboot with an open mind (after that second movie there's only one way to go), and I'm pretty sure I would have given up 20 minutes in if I'd never watched the original.

Funny enough, I loved the Miranda/Che/Carrie scene, it harked back to a few of the show's early seasons (think Natasha falling down the stairs and breaking a tooth), mixing awkwardness and physical discomfort. Maybe it's my nostalgia talking (season 3 is my personal favourite and that's a hill I'm ready to die on), but I thought with the latest episode the show has found its stride...sort of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->