Sex and the City - The movie

Hope this is not a repost

The handbag Carrie gives to Louise is a Louis Vuitton Monogram Motard Firebird bag - MSRP $5,400 - The Love keychain Louise gives to Carrie is made of gold, designed by H.Stern - MSRP $6,800 - The outfit Carrie ultimately marries in is not "by Noone", it is designed by Christian Dior, circa 2008, part of the "Cruise Collection" - MSRP $6,000 for skirt and jacket. - Carrie's custom couture Vivienne Westwood wedding gown would retail for $22,760 - The crystal cupcake bag carried by Lilly to Carrie's first wedding is by Judith Leiber Strawberry Cupcake Clutch - MSRP $4,395 - Louise's bag from "Bag Borrow or Steal", in her first scene in the film, is a Louis Vuitton Denim Bowly Handbag - MSRP around $1,500 - Carrie's Eiffel Tower bag, carried in the opening scenes while Carrie visits the new apartment, is by Timmy Woods - MSRP $3,000 with crystals, $450 without - Louise's multicolored Chanel bag from the scene where she meets Carrie in the cafe after Carrie's makeover is a Chanel Classic Handbag with Flap - Carrie's white "I Love NY" bag, seen when she is babysitting Lilly for Charlotte, is by Gucci, the Large 'Joy' NY Boston Bag - Samantha's large bright red bag, from the scene where the women meet up on the street in NYC, is a Fendi Medium Bag de Jour Handbag - MSRP $1,680 - Carrie's off white Chanel tote is the Chanel Large CC Tote - The bag Charlotte carries to the fashion show is a Fendi To You Leather Feather Evening Bag - MSRP $1,680

IMDB

I saw it on friday... all I can say FABULOUS<3 love love it.... ....

It was so much better than I thought... and what about all the fashion? I couldnt find one thing I didnt want :wink: Everything was so fabulous... !!!!

I really like the first part when "Carrie" introduce every each character and the great music in the background!

And yeah, jennifer hudson was really some random girl but I like her role to.. ... sweet girl!

Like you guys I cried, laughed, cried etc... but I like that the story was something every womens could relate to...!!! And I felt so similar to what "Carrie" had with mr big!!!! But he gave her the best present ever <3

It was so much fun to watch it with my friends and my boyfriend :smile: And they had red carpet and everything styled up just for the movie... and every girl was all dressed up because it was on the newspaper that if you gonna se the movie you had to dress up! It was literally all the girls in town for the day so they had to open 2 more cinemas for it!!!!! Hehe... my boyfriend said he felt he was in "heaven" because it so much girls :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
The outfit Carrie ultimately marries in is not "by Noone", it is designed by Christian Dior, circa 2008, part of the "Cruise Collection" - MSRP $6,000 for skirt and jacket.

i KNEW it was dior.

Carrie's Eiffel Tower bag, carried in the opening scenes while Carrie visits the new apartment, is by Timmy Woods - MSRP $3,000 with crystals, $450 without

but it was patricia who designed it! they should give her credit lol! :D

God, was I the only one who thought the bag Carrie gave Louise was hideous?! :ninja:

no you werent. i was disgusted!
first of all i generally hate all accessories from lv, but that was over the top! in the worst way possible.
tacky and horrible :|
(but i guess it sorta suited her character? :D)

SATC_1.jpg

www.newline.com
Sex and the City is the top-opening romantic comedy of all-time — strutting to an estimated $57 million opening weekend, exceeding all Hollywood box office expectations

i just saw the movie...i LOVED it...i thought it was fabulous...the perfect little feel-good movie!. :heart: over the years i've tried to watch the tv show and it just never worked for me...i didn't like it at all...but i thought i'd give the movie a chance and i'm happy i did....i even cried a few times. :blush: i am overly emotional lately. :P but i thought it was beautiful and everyone did a lovely job with their characters....i really loved big. :heart:

^That's interesting that you loved the film but not the programme so much as a few people maybe felt the other way round, my friend for example felt dissapointed.

I love those two posters, really catch the excitement of the film.

I'm disappointed in Samathas storyline.. and her script.. she used to have the best lines (she still does, but the writers seemed stingy..and I felt cheated) ..

^That's interesting that you loved the film but not the programme so much as a few people maybe felt the other way round, my friend for example felt dissapointed.

I love those two posters, really catch the excitement of the film.

well it was probably much easier for me to be impressed, in a sense, because i wasn't overly attached to what happened to each of the characters (except carrie and big....during the course of the movie i became very attached to the idea of them ending up together!. :P). but i didn't know the histories and stories of their characters and so it was probably much easier for me to accept the plot. i think it's always easier to go into something with low expectations. when you love a tv series, the film is always going to be a nerve-wracking experience!. :lol: but because i have never really loved the tv show, i was really pleasantly surprised. :heart:

OMG i just saw it and am still :woot::woot::woot:
i cried sooo many times it was sooooooooooo good
the movie is obsiously more focused on the clothes and on Carrie than the other women.
v disapointed by samantha s part but ....
was expecting more about the other women s stories but i guess the plan was to bring Carrie forward.
thank god she ended up marrying Big, or else i would ve been sooooooo sad.
some of the outfits were just amazing
i think am gonna go watch it again, since i have the dvd...

Does anyone have a screencap of Carrie wearing her tutu outfit in front of the girls when she did her little fashion show in her closet? I'm sure it's out there since 99% of the girls' wardrobe was released before the movie even finished producing! Is it in the star fashion section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixixi
The outfit Carrie ultimately marries in is not "by Noone", it is designed by Christian Dior, circa 2008, part of the "Cruise Collection" - MSRP $6,000 for skirt and jacket.

i KNEW it was dior.

blah. thought it was vintage. *goes off running to find dress on style.com*

for the ones that love the "vintage" studed belt... it's from shopintuition.com and price tag is $250.

Attachments

• 32431-10_zoom2.jpg
    32431-10_zoom2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1
Does anyone have a screencap of Carrie wearing her tutu outfit in front of the girls when she did her little fashion show in her closet?
I don't have screen cap, but I guess there is picture of that outfit in Sex and city movie book, I can take a picture for you but I think that tutu is the same tutu which she wears also in tv show, some picture of it :flower:

(tinksthinx.blogspot.com)

(www.zimbio.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->