Sex and the City - The movie

some people on tFS are just imo too possesed with being sophisticated and take things too seriously..

Okay, I JUST saw this movie...

Am a huge fan of the series and DIDN'T see it in theaters. What was I thinking!?

I was worried beforehand because the film only has a 5.4 on IMDB. But, what do they know? I thoroughly enjoyed the film. There were a few things I didn't like or thought were cheesy and over the top...

-Charlotte's happy outburst at dinner upon hearing Carrie's marriage news.
-Small, but when Carrie threw her phone out to sea... it looked... goofy.
-Something about Steve in the bridge scene with Miranda looked funny, too.
-Jennifer Hudson. I want to like her, but something about her acting in this film really bugged me.
-The scene where Carrie was trying on her array of outfits was a bit too much for me.

BUT, there were so many amazing parts. I can't believe how choked up I got...

-When Big stood Carrie up, that was a very strong moment - and Charlotte was perfect and I think SHE is the one that brought tears to my eyes.
-When Carrie went to Miranda's on New Year's Eve... so touching.
-I love that they didn't have Samantha cheat on Smith. That was a classy touch.

watching this movie right now. Lost count on how many times I've watched it.
It's the ultimate cheer up
And it has a great holiday scene for this time of year
such a feel good flick

Since I never got to see it in theaters (was out of the country) I treated myself to the DVD and accompanying book. I LOVED IT! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I hope there's another........ :wub: !!!

^yes they do

just saw the movie.. a bit late I know:blush:

and I'm sorry but WORST MOVIE EVER!!

okay not ever but this was just bad.. I want those two hours back.. the clichés, the bad dialogue and the product placement..

and I love fashion but this was too much of the in your face fashion that the show didn't have..

the movie didn't do the show any justice

I agree.

The Fashion: I hated most of the clothes. Carrie's clothes didn't seem care free and spontaneous. It looked like she spent hours in front of the mirror trying to pick the perfect outfit.

Acting: the acting was over the top. Specifically, Kirsten Davies's acting was horrible. She usually has great comic timing. She is hilarious in the series, but I just could not stand her. :rolleyes:

Dialogue: the writing was bad.Where was the witty things that would come out of Miranda's mouth. All the humour seemed forced.

Chris Noth: He is fabulous. So damn sexy. :blush:

I am not a fan of the series but I quite liked the movie, although I found the styling too much and overdone. I think Patricia Field tried to show every single fashion designer's work in the course of the movie that there were so many designer outfits packed into each scene and character. Patricia might have enjoyed the success from 'The Devil Wears Prada' (with sophistication of high fashion which I loved) too much that she was bold enough to be so out loud in this movie.

However, I liked the movie's styling up until the trip to Mexico right after Carrie's wedding. I loved the tutu dress Carrie wears and the white Dior suit. They were simple, elegant and beautiful. I was so amazed to see all the Vogue staff, including legendary photographer Patrick Demarcelier, and couture wedding gowns. After seeing Vivienne Westwood wedding dress and Zac Posen gowns, styling of rest of the movie seemed little boring(I felt Patiricia was trying, but she didn't get there and only made empty loud clanking noise). It was only natural I guess, couture and Vogue styling team? Whoa.

I did enjoy the movie, I didn't have trouble getting used to the setting even though I did not watch the original series. But I do think Patricia did better job in 'The Devil Wears Prada'.

Last edited by a moderator:
ohh i love it!! i sometimes watch it before i fall asleep- it keeps me inspired and motivated !!

can someone id the coat which Carrie wears when they arrive to mexico in movie 1???
it is pink and with gemstones

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->