The Interior Decor Thread! #2

^^^^ with hanging frames you can get these little hooks with like a stick on back so when your done or want to change you can simply peel them off too, I would look at a hardware store or sewing store, they probably have heaps.

I would be really careful with Moroccan themes because unless you have unlimited funds they can look like a cheap themed restaurant. However, I would suggest having all of the walls in a deep 'sun' sort of colour like a fairly dark yellow. Depending on your budget and furniture already in there I would add some cushions made out of raw silk, you can do this yourself with lots of bright colours but no matter what you do always have different patterns on the cushions, never just do like a blue sating or something it will look cheap.

Get like a really awesome light fitting that is bright and quite large, add some patterned curtains in like a silk or velvet (but make sure they're in the earthy tones) and maybe re upholster an old armchair in a great orange colour or something. I would also get some big artworks that have a lot of colour in it for the walls, but not maroccan insipred or you will have a tacky room.

Know where to splurge and save I say, spend money on great cushions and curtains, be a bit cheap on everything else if you are in a budget. but beware that is one of the hardest styles to do and have a good result.

thanks so much :smile:

but beware that is one of the hardest styles to do and have a good result.

haha i've realized... which is why the attic is still not complete. i started on it about more than a year ago and all i've been able to do is paint it *facepalm* its just so hard to choose stuff when im out! need to still get cushions and curtains. but curtains are quite tricky for me to figure out in this room cuz of the weird windows.. i will take pictures to show u!

there's no furniture in the room (yet).. there are 2 indian tables, a couple of moroccan lamps and random indian knick-knacks. the walls are already painted but its not the best yellow unfortunately.. (lol ignore my friend)
18357_413788205626_886135626_10730651_6877572_n.jpg

as for a light fitting i got one from istanbul last year that looks something like this but nicer :P
Mozaic_Lamps_004.jpg

for furniture i'm considering getting a white fabric sofa and then decorating it with all the pillows.. what do u think? something similar to this
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S79875183

if i can't find anything i like then i guess it's just gonna be a floor seating kind of thing..

things i need to look out for:
- raw silk
- bright colours
- patterns
- colourful art

ya? thanks so much once again.

^^
I had an oriental theme (well I still have lots of the elements since I have a lot of Persian rugs and middle eastern items) my curtains were sheer with tiny mirrors in them. I had mixed complimentary colors - an orange and a reddish orange because the store ran out, in the end they looked great and gave a warm glow to the room when the sun was shining.

- I bought some cute tea glasses like Hannah posted, love them for parties.

I love the idea of mixing up some more modern elements, there are some neat quatrefoil items on this page that make things look less over the top - moroccean restaurant.

http://www.mattersofstyleblog.com/2009/06/crazy-for-quatrefoils.html

For your space, I think I might pick a less severe sofa, maybe a simple camel back that you could have reupolstered if you wanted to later or even something with some simple tufting. And then if you're doing a white sofa, I don't know about colored walls and colored curtains, I'm having a hard time seeing a white sofa not sticking out. Maybe a leather sofa would work better??? Or if you go white, may

Wunderley has some beautiful things, maybe it would be worth it to get a tray from them. I've seen there stuff in person and its quite lovely.

Oh Karina I pretty much love all of what you posted - especially the last four pics. All the places has such a cosy feel to them which is what I personally love. I really am a sucker for the combination of colours and dark wood. So this really speaks to my heart ^_^
Thanks for posting. :heart:

Vogue Living Australia, c 2006:
My scan

Attachments

• orves.ed.jpg
    orves.ed.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 59
Just came across this website with absolutely stunning photography of beautiful Berlin apartments. All pictures are found on freundevonfreunden.com

Love the clean lines in this kitchen and the tiles are to die for!

I love how uniformed this room appears and then this wild, colourful, intrusive wall piece bursts in

Very glamorous apartment

I've fallen in love very quickly with the personalties behind these apartments - they spill out in all the details like this simple photo adorned with random accessories

Love the theme of the pink flowers

I love the bareness of this room - it's so unpretentious and relaxed

I'm obsessed with these lights. Does anyone know where these are sold? Or something similar?

This is why I fell in love with Berlin last Summer- the beautiful airy, elegant buildings juxtaposed with graffiti and an anarchic edge. God I want to move there right this minute!:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of those apartments are beautiful - I agree that I love places that feel comfy and cozy with clean lines. I don't think I could handle the graffiti on apartment walls though :lol: While the juxtaposition makes a beautiful picture, there is something quite sad (to me) about those beautiful buildings and the lives that went on in them to have fallen low enough to be graffitied in the lobby with no care. I think it would depress me day after day but maybe that's just because I like things to feel clean and home-y....I've lived in 'edgy' bits of town and it gets tiring after awhile :lol:

I agree with Meg. I love the photo, but the graffiti makes me sad. I want the elegance and art. It's cozy without being stuck up.

Thanks to all for this beutiful pictures, I love to see new ideas for my home... congratulations for your hard work.

Hugs.

This is an amazing thread and I thin it needs a bit more energy in it, so I thought I would add a few more photos. Here are just a few that are very much my style. They aren't all interior but definitly part of the whole package and ideas for decor.....

verandah.jpg

SwingBed_CoastalLiving.jpg

rlviaelledecor-1.jpg

rest.jpg

NEW204-1.jpg

para2.jpg

381_1_1g-1.jpg

0jpolmj-1.png

Love this next house. It typical of the older Sydney homes that have been beautifully styled. There are loads lie this around Sydney, Australia
aha.jpg

20100819003104e.jpg

20100819003104b.jpg

20100819003104.jpg

credits: inspiring interiors blog, absolutely beautiful things blog, cape cod style blog, realestate.com.au,

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear "Sea of Love", thanks for sharing that beutifuls pics, you have made a great search, thank you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianarimar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->