The Interior Decor Thread! #2

I'm purchasing a new bed soon, but can decide if I just want a headboard or the entire frame. Which do you all prefer? I'll get it white, I just can't decide. I'd appreciate the feedback. I hope it's ok to post this here.

Pottery Barn Headboard
(pro: least expensive of the three)

img11l.jpg

img3l.jpg

potterybarn.com

Restoration Hardware Headboard

swatch_vintagevelvet_white_repeatres120.jpg

restorationhardware.com

Restoration Hardware Bed

swatch_armyduck_white_repeatres90.jpg

restorationhardware.com

Please don't be swayed by the bedding, pillows, backgrounds, other furniture, or the lack there of, and such. :P

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and replies!

I think the whole frame looks a little more 'right' than just a headboard, though it's not a big difference. I like the Restoration Hardware frame better than its headboard, and the Pottery Barn works best if you had to get headboard only.
Might be easier to keep clean if you have headboard only.

I think they're both nice, but I prefer just the headboard. I don't really like beds with footboards, tbh.

I'm just concerned that you'd get some serious colour rub off from bedding on that pristine white headboard.

I'm just concerned that you'd get some serious colour rub off from bedding on that pristine white headboard.

You're right and I'm worried about that too, but I'm really intrigued by an all white bed for some reason.

jml2, I don't know what it is, but I agree with you too something does just seem "right" with a foot board. That's the type of bed I've had in the past, so headboard alone will be new to me.

Thanks for the feedback jml2, MyNameIs, and misspistol. It's a tough decision, but I think I'm going with the pottery barn headboard.

I love myself a bit of Victorian clutter with streamlined elements:

12_001_Mme_Figaro_Jp_Iris_Flat.jpg

12_002_Mme_Figaro_Jp_Iris_Flat.jpg

irisbrosch.com

Hey guys I was wondering which are your favorite blogs about interiors? I know a few, but I would love to discover more

what about apartmenttherapy...

i never look at interior blogs...
i can't find any i like...

:(

i used to have a subscription to dwell magazine and i often liked what they showed...
i wonder if they have a blog...?

i should go check!...
:woot:

yep- they have a website and i was right- it's awesome...
LOVE IT!...
http://www.dwell.com/slideshows/

Last edited by a moderator:
softie....if you like dwell, check out the blog unhappy hipsters....it's so funny...:lol:

I'm just catching up on this beautiful thread. Thanks to everyone who posted photos.

I don't know if this is exactly the right place to ask for advice but I thought it might be worth a shot asking on this thread. I just got the go ahead from my parents to redo the bathroom that my sister and I share. Right now it's a horrid tan color and not well decorated (which is surprising considering the rest of the house looks great). It's also a split bathroom- meaning that the shower and toilet are separate from the sink with a door connecting the two. And there are no windows in the room either (crummy design or what???). So the room has to be painted in light colors or else it'll look really overwhelming. I'm thinking of a color a little lighter then sky blue with accent colors of a light grey and white. What do you think? Does anyone have any design suggestions or pictures I could use as sources of inspiration. Other then knowing which color scheme I want to use I'm a bit at a loss of what else to do with it. Help would be much appreciated. :flower:

^^I think those colors work very well together, especially in a bathroom.
personally, i would keep the blue very pale/light, almost a blue-grey because I think that gives it a little extra dimension. In that enclosed space with no natural light the color will definitely look darker than the paint can will predict, and the light color helps the space look lighter and bigger.

If I find any pics i'll post them here... good luck with your project :smile:

paint can make a HUGE difference!

^^I think those colors work very well together, especially in a bathroom.
personally, i would keep the blue very pale/light, almost a blue-grey because I think that gives it a little extra dimension. In that enclosed space with no natural light the color will definitely look darker than the paint can will predict, and the light color helps the space look lighter and bigger.

If I find any pics i'll post them here... good luck with your project :smile:

paint can make a HUGE difference!

Thank you so much for reassuring me! :flower: Also, does anyone know of websites that sell homegoods? Preferably reasonably priced products. Thanks.

I don't know if this is exactly the right place to ask for advice but I thought it might be worth a shot asking on this thread. I just got the go ahead from my parents to redo the bathroom that my sister and I share. Right now it's a horrid tan color and not well decorated (which is surprising considering the rest of the house looks great). It's also a split bathroom- meaning that the shower and toilet are separate from the sink with a door connecting the two. And there are no windows in the room either (crummy design or what???). So the room has to be painted in light colors or else it'll look really overwhelming. I'm thinking of a color a little lighter then sky blue with accent colors of a light grey and white. What do you think? Does anyone have any design suggestions or pictures I could use as sources of inspiration. Other then knowing which color scheme I want to use I'm a bit at a loss of what else to do with it. Help would be much appreciated. :flower:

You might try painting a swatch first to see how you like the color. I was just thinking you may want to make sure the overall effect isn't too cool ... it may be me, but I always try for a bit of warmth in a room. Baths are tricky because they tend to be cool already with all the metal, water, tile, white porcelain, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->