The Lanvin Sneakers Craze

I really want a pair, but all the styles have some type of leather/suede in them, right?

Some are mainly composed of synthetics, patent leather to be exact, if you're asking because you want to avoid wearing the hides of our furry friends. I'd look for these:

lanvinstraphs3.jpg

^i know. i was agreeing with you too...
i was just trying to say i understood...

fuuma--- patent leather is not synthetic, it is actually leather that has gone through a special treatment/coating process to have a sheen. I am fairly certain all of the Lanvin sneakers have some sort of animal product on them. But I truly commend you ilaughed for being so committed to the cause!

I think basically the Lanvin sneaker craze was just that, a craze, and it has fizzled out. I still really love the ones I have, and intend to continue to wear them, but I don't think I would buy anymore at this point (kind of moot as it looks like s/s 08 is the last season for them anyway...).

fuuma--- patent leather is not synthetic, it is actually leather that has gone through a special treatment/coating process to have a sheen. I am fairly certain all of the Lanvin sneakers have some sort of animal product on them. But I truly commend you ilaughed for being so committed to the cause!

I think basically the Lanvin sneaker craze was just that, a craze, and it has fizzled out. I still really love the ones I have, and intend to continue to wear them, but I don't think I would buy anymore at this point (kind of moot as it looks like s/s 08 is the last season for them anyway...).

AFAIK patent leather is traditionnally a leather that has undergone a sort of lacquering process but this is not the case for the one used on most contemporary items such a sneakers. I can't really say for Lanvin as I haven't looked into it.

o.... i've got the one in post #36, dark brown suede body with shiny brown patent leather net pattern, very nice....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad that they hurt and pinch my feet where the patent cap attaches to the suede so I never bought them.

Also, if Kanye West owns it. I don't want it.

Also, why do the boat shoes from this season have hard dress soles?

That is sofaking we Todd did.

^ yay..I can scrap that off my 10 things I have to achieve before I die list (being quoted in the NY times) :rofl:

:lol:...

15 minutes of fame...starting........NOW...!...

:P

So I guess the phenomenon is now over since the NYT talked about it...

honestly, I like the shoes but think they often are a bit too flashy. I've seen people flashing D&G all over the place falling for these sneakers. The hype was there somehow in the start of 2007. But I feel it's gone now. At least for the hightops, the low version is still going to last I think. Lanvin sneakers went too mainstream for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->