The Lanvin Sneakers Craze

Thanks for the link! :smile:

IMO, the difference is that designer versions of athletic shoes - the good ones, anyway - are made of better materials, have better construction, are generally given a more aesthetically pleasing shape, and incorporate small details that set them apart; for instance, Lanvins are typically made of several different materials such as satin, taffeta, leather and (high-quality) rubber.

I have some high top Adidas that I love, and that are pretty comfortable, but they don't compare in quality of materials used, or fit, or support, and they look kind of clunky next to the Lanvins.

Is it worth the premium? That is in the eye of the beholder! :wink:

i would buy these shoes in a heartbeat. i think it's much more more than a shoe but also a statement about street style. i don't think $600 is that bad for a LANVIN shoe. now if it were about $1000 then i would start questioning the price.

what? a statement of street style?

in my opinion, those shoes are hugely overpriced and if they weren't LANVIN, nobody would even look at them.

I aree with Tangerine, the quality on the Lanvin's is ridiculous. they're so beautifully made, however theyre not worth THAT much of a premium. I still love mine tho.

Some of the pics Fuuma posted on page 2 are of ones he owns... other than that, he and I have both posted wearing them in the what are you wearing today thread, but those aren't close-ups of the shoes.

what? a statement of street style?

in my opinion, those shoes are hugely overpriced and if they weren't LANVIN, nobody would even look at them.

I personally got them due to this picture:
lanvinadcampaingnfw07ku0.jpg

I'd say the high price point is as much an attraction to the customer as the recognized brand. In my case it is also true that I tend to look at Lanvin offerings more than at, say, Gucci ones and this means I usually stick to some similar styles/brands. Lanvin sneakers are definitely hyped but I wouldn't make categorical affirmations like the one you just said, there are enough savvy customers out there who appreciate a good design and will purchase from a wide array of brands according to idiosyncratic criteria. I like to believe I’m one of them, although I can’t say to what degree I am influenced by hype, if any.

thanks tang and fuuma!
still havent seen tang, only fuumas and they suit you like a glove!! no words for how good they look on you!!!

Hey leyla when I got my black ones last year I posted a few pics (in waywt I think?). If I wear them at all over the next few days I'll post for you. I ended up selling my aubergine ones to a friend, the satin was just not me...

edit. found this old shot of the shoes, complete with virgin white soles (they are filthy now)...

DSCN0251-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
tnx mj,
i have such bad memory its unheard of!!!!
love those too :heart:

Some further info:

-Sizing is in UK and they run 1 size bigger so a UK7=US9=Eu42(maybe 41.5).
-Best price and selection is in France (Paris)
-They're allegedly made in the same factory than Common project and a slew of other designer shoes, material are much higher quality and I can't really fault the construction.

I believe the best price this season has been in London due to the low pound.

Yes, Lanvin use the same italian factory that Common Projects use. They even use the same sole on most of the styles. Margiela and Raf Simons (main line) also uses the same factory, and those of you that like the Lanvin hi-top are going to love one of the Raf-sneakers for FW08.

If I may comment on the price discussion; if I were to buy a pair of the Adidas that were posted it would be a total waste of money. I would never use them. So for me it is a better investment to spend a higher amount on shoes that I feel comfortable wearing. I have quite a few Lanvin, Raf, Common Projects, Visvim, Ubiq, Number (N)ine and Undercover sneakers and I would have to say that apart from Visvim there is nothing that can be compared with the quality of the products that have been coming out from CP and Lanvin these last few seasons. I would have to say, though, that the CP are generally a bit more comfortable than Lanvin as they give more easily, but the Lanvin have such a superior finish. But then again, with the Lanvin's you have to be a bit careful with the weather when wearing satins (as they will crack over time), and you have to be careful with the patents as any scratches will be very noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks tang and fuuma!
still havent seen tang, only fuumas and they suit you like a glove!! no words for how good they look on you!!!

Thanks, I'm not big on designer sneakers (I prefer beat up white converses or dressier shoes/boots) but those really fit what I'm going for so I acquired them. I think they go very well with more dressed up looks and luxurious materials but not as well with streetwear outfits so considering how I dress they're, indeed, a very good fit.

Got the new navy suede with burgundy patent...I really love the color pairing...but I wonder if the suede will be able to stand the wear and tear

lanvin.jpg

Lanvin is finally introducing the sneakers line for women as well, starting from the cruise 09 season (so should be in stores around november).
I've seen some samples, the idea is very similar, just the shoelace is rather different (and different colors, mostly pastel colors from what I remember)...

Not a fan of these, but then again I despise sneakers, tennis shoes, golf shoes, etc!

I also expect more from Lanvin, they've been doing so well in there collections, but I still love Lanvin!

this season is so lackluster... I can't find myself loving any of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->