UK Vogue December 2020 : Beyoncé by Kennedi Carter

It's only the 3rd cover where she looks like herself. At the 1st cover with that strange hair and bad photoshop, she looks like Kesewa Aboah.
Actually, I just had a closer look and I think every single one of our Cover Challenge entries provide better image editing than this monstrosity. Even the ones of my own, I dare say.

Last edited:
The main problem of that ed: it's more and more obvious that she had total control over the shoot. We know she picked the photographer, that the ed was shot at her home and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she decided on the clothes.
I get controlling your image but I can already imagine Edward being with Beyoncé like he was with Anna on The September Issue.

When you are Edward Enninful and you are working with Beyoncé, the expectations are huge...Even more when Vogue is the name attached to it. I think that Carine for example took really advantage of working with Beyoncé for CRFB. It was daring and different enough for her.

This is forgettable...At best.

Edward styled this over zoom. He wasn't present in real life.
Plus Vogue instagram crediting the guy who did the lighting direction!

I love the back image, a dress like that is perfect for a woman like Beyoncé. But I would still change a couple of things. The hair is annoying me as is the extra piece of fabric on the arm.

The first cover is definitely striking, that bodysuit definitely requires a body like hers to properly fill it out. I’d like to see more images of her in it, it could be something she wears in a music video.
The second.... ehhh hate the neon color she could have chosen something better from her line. Surprisingly there are some decent pieces, some of the honey color pieces would work better. The third I love the concept, the make up and that blazer but hate the pose. Again I would love to see other outtakes of her in that.

The Mugler cover is perfection! I need that in print ASAP. The other two look a bit off, from the choice of the promo piece from the new Ivy Park collection to the dreary makeup. I don’t mind incorporating her fashion line into the covers but there are better ways.

I agree with what another user said, she could’ve used a new black photographer with more experience cos you can definitely tell where Kennedi falls short. Other that kudos to her for such an achievement.

Meanwhile that custom Christopher John Rogers look, chefs kiss. THAT would’ve been a show stopping second cover.

The red dress cover would be perfect for the holidays! And the glamour! A missed opportunity.

I like Beyonce but this feels expected. I don't get why she keeps insisting on having her aestethics in fashion magazine. It feels almost desperate to promote her collection. The execution leaves more to be desired. This feels more like Edward is serving up space for Beyonce's self-promotion than being an editor of the decade like his fanboys say.

I like Beyonce but this feels expected. I don't get why she keeps insisting on having her aestethics in fashion magazine. It feels almost desperate to promote her collection. The execution leaves more to be desired. This feels more like Edward is serving up space for Beyonce's self-promotion than being an editor of the decade like his fanboys say.

I dont think the collection needs any promo, it was litterary selling out while still in people's shopping carts. Not sure why she wanted it on the cover and not in the ed.
I agree with the previous posters that the red dress would have been an amazing cover.

Another outtake

Beyonce 1 copilot.jpg

vogue

And this is why British magazines still perform well on newsstands. It's been 5 days and still no sight of Beyonce's full edit (not that I'm aching for it!) or review. By now we'd have had US Vogue's full cover editorial as well as the interview and some editorial previews.

I'm waiting to see if this issue will contain anything that prevents it from being yet another issue that goes straight into the recycling.

this is a great addition to her black is king movie which i cant stand, her taste is so bad (and getting worse with time, because her lemonade and beyonce albums era with good stylists were much relevant) and she is literally deprived of sense of beauty, she doesn`t feel clothes she wear and all her tumblr images with overdress looks taken by her instagram husband... she reminds me wealthy boring housewife more than a-list celebrity.

The first outtake reminds me of the Dangerous in Love era and I'm here for it. Aside from the chicken wing arm, that should have been the cover.

My stance on the covers remain the same - NO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->