UK Vogue December 2020 : Beyoncé by Kennedi Carter

Neither is Mugler...

They’ve really upped their PR game at Mugler though, I can’t say I’m surprised to see Beyoncé wearing the brand here. They’ve also dressed a ton of celebrities lately, and loaned clothes for music videos.

^^
I remember that Beyonce did collaborate with Mugler years ago. Is she still the face of L’Oreal?
Mugler is owned by Clarins.

Not to say that a young and independent designer cannot have a cover (it happens often) but it needs both context and a bit of politics for it to happen.
Actually, MUGLER is owned by L’Oreal now...So major advertiser, big money spend on PR as Mugler is now their first move to fashion.

And December issues don't have to be boring - it's the one issue of the year where editors get a pass to fill the magazine full of tacky items and feel-good imagery, and as long as you're giving your readers something glittery to look at, they'll probably feel content.

How is Beyonce's taste connected to the photoshoot and editorial? I thought it fell in the hands of the creative team despite the fact that she may still have some input as a superstar.

Big celebrities have been calling the shots in their magazine cover stories for some time now. I seem to remember Beyonce had picture approval for her US Vogue appearance back in 2015, and a superstar's ability to exercise that sort of control won't have gone backwards over the years, because these days, magazines need them more than they need the magazines. What Beyonce wants, she gets.

How is Beyonce's taste connected to the photoshoot and editorial? I thought it fell in the hands of the creative team despite the fact that she may still have some input as a superstar.
Working with celebrity is not like working with model, most of them want to control every bit of photo shooting process, from poses to styling, final choice of images and post-production. and I am pretty sure beyonce is this person. No wonder she has so few of magazine covers lately and they re all related to her adidas collection (and not her albums, tours etc) This is her policy last 4 years. So I guess it was kind of pain in the *** for Edward to get her and he has to get her ok on every shoe she worn.

I believe that the biggest mistake was made when a celebrity was allowed any kind of saying regarding a magazines work, either for a cover or editorial.
most of these celebrities would look God knows how on the red carpet if it wasn’t for their personal stylist’s help which makes me wonder what kind of approval could these people give?

now, regarding the shots that have been released and the three covers we can say that it’s not fabulous... at least, yet.

also, we all remember when it was Beyoncé’s mother taking care of her outfits, right?

also, it’s amazing that Beyonce is supporting new artists but for a magazine with such a spectrum like British Vogue shouldn’t we have a, how can I put this, more used to Vogue cover magazines or any cover magazines at all, photographer?
I had a look at Kennedi Carter’s work and it’s... nice.

the only thing that makes me try to understand how celebrities want to have a last word in what’s published is when magazines do them dirty with OTT photoshop or horrible covers... and we’ve seen that so many times even when the photographers are well established professionals...

full beyonce editorial
"Beyonce in her own eyes", feels like she was in control of everything even of the camera, and Carter was just like Karl lagerfeld assistant - pushed the button and holding the camera
this Vamp vibe is not her thing at all the rest looks like Ariana grange shots mixed with latest Rihanna for Bazaar shot in her house or something some blogger would provide for instagram

beyhive

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->