What Are You Reading?

Mary Masayo Doi - Gesture, Gender, Nation: Dance and Social Change in Uzbekistan.

Such a fun virtual trip full of details about Uzbek culture.. wonder why this person hasn’t published more..

"Loaded: A Disarming History of the Second Amendment" by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz.

Interesting but also we're f*cked lol

Vie rêvée by Thadée Klossowski de Rola (not as juicy as I was expecting and kind of boring)
&
The Day of the Locust by Nathanael West

(do people still use GoodReads?? I've been using my account more lately, but I want to follow more people!)

Tempted to read this before the Netflix adaptation comes out in July

I'm quite intrigued by the Netflix adaptation. A lot of people are complaining about it online. However, the first-time film director, Carrie Cracknall, directed many phenomenal theatre productions in the UK, so I do have high hopes. :flower:

A Libertarian Walks Into a Bear by Matthew Hongoltz-Hetling-- quite a bit funnier than it has any right to be! I love stranger-than-fiction books like this.

Reading "The story of the lost child" by Elena Ferrante (the last book in a four-book series) and oh my, it's amazing!

I've just finished Edward Enninful's A Visible Man and while I enjoyed the earlier chapters about his life as a child/young man... I expected far more from him about landing the top job at British Vogue and the making of the magazine. Perhaps that's his next book, though.

Murder Must Advertise, by Dorothy L. Sayers. I'm really enjoying it, after a rocky first chapter (I still can't keep track of the characters introduced there)

I've just finished Edward Enninful's A Visible Man and while I enjoyed the earlier chapters about his life as a child/young man... I expected far more from him about landing the top job at British Vogue and the making of the magazine. Perhaps that's his next book, though.

I was surprised how much I liked the book. It's really impressive how he hustled himself into a career at i-D at such a young age.

Agreed though about writing more about his time as EIC. Maybe after he retires we'll get a more dishy, behind-the-scenes book. It was interesting to read his (gentle) criticism of Craig McDean in the early days of their careers and his (not so gentle) criticism of Alexandra Shulman.

Butler to the World: How Britain Became the Servant of Tycoons, Tax Dodgers, Kleptocrats and Criminals, by Oliver Bullough. Highly recommend it if anyone has an interest in reading about financial crime!

A biography of Xi Jinping by Stefan Aust and Adrian Geiges.

Britney Spears, "The Woman In Me." This is the first, and hopefully last, time that I've ever been inspired by silly IG memes to buy actual literature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odel2233
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->