Christian Louboutin (February 2009 - November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you girls are the greatest!!! thank y'all B) :flower:

but... is the colour of these 'red rubber soles' realy matching the colour of the Louboutin shoes? i don't want this to catch somebody's eye :unsure:

^^ they blend pretty well. i have one pair with red vibrams and they help prevent slippage (bare sole on floor) for easy and safe walking :smile:

TBH I wouldn't bother with the sole immediately, it will wear after use that's normal...you can always have them re-soled in Paris.

Yep, I did that recently with my Hyper Prives, they look as good as new now. I never do the rubber sole thing, but it's just my preference I guess. The red Vibram soles match pretty well, although the red soles on Louboutins themselves vary, some are a richer red than others I've found!

TBH I wouldn't bother with the sole immediately, it will wear after use that's normal...you can always have them re-soled in Paris.

Belle Princesse, please tell us more about re-sole!! How do you do it? Do you get in contact with a Louboutin store in Paris and mail it to them?!?! And how much does it cost having them re-soled???? :shock::ninja:

The problem with adding a rubber sole to a new pair of shoes is it can affect the overall shoe, unless very thin. The leather sole and red colouring is designed to wear away and can be replaced by a good quality cobbler (they know how to match the thickness of the new leather to replace the old). I would not worry about the red colouring wearing away from the sole anyway.

Belle Princesse, please tell us more about re-sole!! How do you do it? Do you get in contact with a Louboutin store in Paris and mail it to them?!?! And how much does it cost having them re-soled???? :shock::ninja:

I've not had to re-sole nay of my shoes just yet, but I believe you can inquire at your local/nearest boutique and they will inform you of all the details.

Perhaps Rosalynn can enlighten us further?

The Louboutin website I believe has links to recommended cobblers at the bottom of the page, but I had mine done by Cordonnerie who is an exclusive Louboutin cobbler in Paris. It took just over a week and cost £75 to have my Hyper Prives resoled with red leather (plus £10-15 return shipping).

I took mine there on holiday, but you can email or phone and ship them direct and they will ship back. He did a great job!

0142 211 547 or email [email protected]

The Louboutin website I believe has links to recommended cobblers at the bottom of the page, but I had mine done by Cordonnerie who is an exclusive Louboutin cobbler in Paris. It took just over a week and cost £75 to have my Hyper Prives resoled with red leather (plus £10-15 return shipping).

I took mine there on holiday, but you can email or phone and ship them direct and they will ship back. He did a great job!

0142 211 547 or email [email protected]

rosalynn, thank you so much for sharing this info with us. :flower:

even though i promised myself no more studd anything..im tempted to get the pigalle spiked flat..i have the pigalle spiked heels and the hightops...but does anyone know how the pigalle flats fit? my sizes vary alot in CL and they are sold out here so i will have to order....

anyone? my pigalle heels are 39.5 and are a bit big, my other CL flats "non pigalle" are 39.5 and fit good if not a bit snug, so should i get a 39 in the pigalle flats?

I don't know if anyone mentioned using red vibram soles. I use a cobbler out of Manhattan (Arty's) who takes shipments from us out-of-towners. A lot of my friends have been really pleased with his work as well. I like having a rubber sole because of how durable it is. I've had the same vibram sole on my Simple 85s for the past 3 years. I take them into my local cobbler to have the tips reglued a couple times a year. I wear these shoes several times a week so to me, that's a testament in itself of how well the vibram soles stand up.

Yes, it was mentioned briefly in the current pages but *thank you* for your testimony! Makes me want to consider doing this-at least to one pair...:flower:

oK found them at barneys...thank god i didnt get my size, went half a size down..they were a bit snug but the next half size up were huge! hope i enjoy them

Is anyone like me a bit dissapointed that CL is opening store all over the world...I loved it when it was hard to find...the past 4 years his shoes are everywhere! but hey good for him!

I think the constantly climbing prices are compensating for the lack of exclusivity...

Despite his shoes being 'everywhere' and I see plenty of womn buying them, I don't actually see them being worn that often and I live in London!

I feel like you see quite a few around Knightsbridge when out shopping but I agree you don't see a lot of women wearing them on the streets as part of work wear. Though that could be due to the great British penchant for wearing trainers when walking to and from the office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screenstarmakeup
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->