Christian Louboutin (February 2009 - November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is good to know...is that only current season styles?
i have been dying for a pair of grey suede ariella talon ankle booties (like the ones taylor had on "rachel zoe project," and have been tempted to ask about getting custom ones...

AFAIK the ariella talons were not on the 2010 list of styles available for SO, but as always, the atelier has the final say. If you are able to find an SA that's willing to submit the order & push for it on your behalf, maybe the atelier will say yes! :flower:

Are you Piggy from TPF? If so, hello! I'm quite new there but I worship your shoe collection.

how uncomfortable are the 120 pigalles? the look so nice but also so painful

Varies. Kills a lot of girls' feet, some can't spend more than an hour-or-so in them, some people are OK in them. It really depends on how high your arch is etc. I find them OK but not the most comfortable Louboutins I own.

Piggy- those are beautiful
Posted via Mobile Device

thank you! I'm thinking of getting them in the leopard pony hair/black patent combo as well, but I already have the leopard pony hair lady claudes, so I'm a little concerned that might be too much leopard for one little pig . . .

Are you Piggy from TPF? If so, hello! I'm quite new there but I worship your shoe collection.

Outed in mere hours! :ninja: Indeed, I am guilty as charged :lol: do say hello over there too, or come play in my wardrobe thread, if you should be so inclined. As you can see, I'm just learning my way around here on tFS, but I'm definitely a "regular" on TPF~ (^(oo)^)v

Welcome! I think the comfort of any 120s will depend on your arch as well as your foot size. Obviously, heels are not made proportionally, so the smaller your feet, the greater the slope. I'm always surprised when I see 5" heels with no platform sell out on NAP in 34 and 35 right away. Who are these magical women who can have their feet basically vertical?! :lol:

Welcome! I think the comfort of any 120s will depend on your arch as well as your foot size. Obviously, heels are not made proportionally, so the smaller your feet, the greater the slope. I'm always surprised when I see 5" heels with no platform sell out on NAP in 34 and 35 right away. Who are these magical women who can have their feet basically vertical?! :lol:

:mellow:

:angel:

:innocent:

:doh:

*raises hand sheepishly* :blush: I actually find them supremely comfy! Definitely my #1 choice for all-day shopping jaunts (^(oo)^)v

Although, the heel height does vary a bit between sizes, so the pitch tends to be comparable over the size range - TBH, I always though that was a bit unfair, since the girls with bigger feet, who are presumably taller, get more heel height than us small girls at the low end of the sizing scale! :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! I think the comfort of any 120s will depend on your arch as well as your foot size. Obviously, heels are not made proportionally, so the smaller your feet, the greater the slope.

Obviously?

Good quality heels always vary the height in relation to size.

Really? Because I have stood the same style in different sizes side by side and the heels have been almost identical but perhaps because these sizes have fallen within the same heel height band (ie comparing a 36 with a 38). I have small-ish feet (36.5) and all my heels that have claimed to be 4" have been 4". I should have said "many" - most seem to only graduate heel height once you get over 4" or have a platform. Several of the classic 4" Louboutin styles have the same heel height for 35.5 and a 42. And in my opinion, any difference in heel height is quite minimal - like 0.5". Of course that's better than nothing but it's not a huge difference.

Outed in mere hours! :ninja: Indeed, I am guilty as charged :lol: do say hello over there too, or come play in my wardrobe thread, if you should be so inclined. As you can see, I'm just learning my way around here on tFS, but I'm definitely a "regular" on TPF~ (^(oo)^)v

Hey Piggy! I'm new on tFS as well... but I'm definitely more of a regular on PF. It'll be fun seeing your threads on both places now! :smile:

Piggy is absolutely and amazingly knowledgeable in Pigalles!

Really? Because I have stood the same style in different sizes side by side and the heels have been almost identical but perhaps because these sizes have fallen within the same heel height band (ie comparing a 36 with a 38). I have small-ish feet (36.5) and all my heels that have claimed to be 4" have been 4". I should have said "many" - most seem to only graduate heel height once you get over 4" or have a platform. Several of the classic 4" Louboutin styles have the same heel height for 35.5 and a 42. And in my opinion, any difference in heel height is quite minimal - like 0.5". Of course that's better than nothing but it's not a huge difference.

^_^ it definitely depends on the style! I think I just noticed the difference a lot b/c I have a friend who wears a size 41, and we compared her pigalle to my size 35! Your estimate is spot on too - the difference was 13mm! (^(oo)^)v

The key is to practice walking on tiptoes at home! hehe

Hey Piggy! I'm new on tFS as well... but I'm definitely more of a regular on PF. It'll be fun seeing your threads on both places now! :smile:

Piggy is absolutely and amazingly knowledgeable in Pigalles!

:blush: thank you for your lovely endorsement! :flower: I take it you've peeked into the Pigalle 120 Club? (^(oo)~)

AFAIK the ariella talons were not on the 2010 list of styles available for SO, but as always, the atelier has the final say. If you are able to find an SA that's willing to submit the order & push for it on your behalf, maybe the atelier will say yes! :flower:

ah, thanks for the heads up...

do you (or anyone else) happen to know if the ariella is a perm style (like the simple) or was it seasonal?

ah, thanks for the heads up...

do you (or anyone else) happen to know if the ariella is a perm style (like the simple) or was it seasonal?

given all the new boot styles for this season, and the fact that the ariella talon was on the 2009 list, I suspect, unfortunately, that it was a seasonal thing. I've emailed for a more definite answer, will let you know when I hear back!

Well, well, well, lookey, lookey who's here.

There've been a few people I thought were crossposting, but I wasn't sure.

They're gonna eat your collection up here

i only have one pair of louboutins which is the lapono; it's a size 40 so what would you louboutin professionals recommend to get in the Pigalle?

TIA :flower:

Red soles during LFW SS11

26.09.10-1.JPG

Red soles during London Fashion Week last week. Love'em!

Photo credit: Net-a-Nanna.blogspot.com

Hey there, I recently got a pair of Louboutins but I don't wear them anymore I just got them for a special occasion because they perfectly matched that certain dress. I was wondering if I could sell them anywhere (at a good price as they were more than 900 dollars) and they were just worn once and they were not even worn in "street conditions" just inside a ballroom... they look exactly the same as they looked when I purchased them.

Thanks for help! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screenstarmakeup
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->