Christian Louboutin (February 2009 - November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
as many of you know, i have a slight CL obsession...

But it's time to make room for my closet. but during my move, i've noticed a brand new pair of my camel decolletes have tiny nicks on the inner side of one of the shoes. i bought them brand new, for retail price. would $100 off be reasonable to charge?

i always list on ebay, but i just noticed ebay classifieds has started. neone have any luck buying or selling authentic louboutins off ebay classifieds?

let me know,

Thanks,

candicec

Despite his shoes being 'everywhere' and I see plenty of womn buying them, I don't actually see them being worn that often and I live in London!

i remember the time when no one had heard of louboutin. they had just come in at neimans and i'd never heard of the brand, but loved the comfort of the fit. the prices were a lot less i will have u know too!!

now they are so popular that knockoffs are being sold on countless sites, and the prices have skyrocketed. they aren't as exclusive as they used to be, and it seems every fashionista has at least one pair in their closet!

candicec

I've seen quite a few being worn around London in the evening, including one at Paddington Station a couple of months ago who I was very jealous of as she was wearing a black patent pair and I swear they must have been the 5" heel ones.

Mark Fast at LFW will have custom-designed Louboutins again this year :smile:

I just thought I'd let everyone know that anyone can special order any Louboutin shoe in colors that are not in the retail market.

It takes 4 months, and costs 20% more, but I ordered 2 pairs of You You's in colors that were not ready-made in any store.

I would have never known I could do that until a SA from the Louboutin store in New York suggested it. He mailed me a list of about 25 colors with swatches, and I chose from the list by filling out a form he faxed to me.

^
wow. good to know. i knew it was possible, but i had heard that the cl stores in ny had to stop offering it bc of the overwhelming amt of requests..

candicec

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone snag anything in the Outnet sale? I got some Ronrons and Altis :smile:

I was too tired to get up early for it (plus I shouldn't spend the money :ninja:) but they did have some classic styles in the sale. I was worried it was all going to be cork shoes and weird styles, but there were quite a few good pics. Lucky you!

That outnet sale was sooo tempting. I logged on right when the e-mail came in but almsot everything was already sold out by the time I got the pages to load. Since I wasn't sure about what size I would need I ended up not getting anything. Even though I know I'll never get Loubs this cheap anywhere ever again. Stupid me :(

Fortunately it wasn't too early for me as I was in Europe, don't have the same problem as in America where east and west coast times are so different. I bought my shoes before the email had even arrived in my inbox!

Really surprised with the amount of classics, too - had a really good mix of styles.

when I was at Selfridges yesterday I stopped in at the CL concession there and saw the most gorgeous pair of chiffon polka-dotted heels....they were so pretty and delicate. I think they are the Canon 140? Or something in the Canon style as I don't think they had a platform? But they were in in a navy and red polka-dotted chiffon. So pretty....I haven't seen them anywhere online in that colorway unfortunately

The new concession's pretty good, huh? If they didn't have platforms, they would have been Canonistas :flower:

got myself some pigalle flats.
the leopard pony and the black studded ones! love them.
so far i took half size up my usual size in the leopard but my normal size in the studded ones... might have to go back and get half size up as well :(

meg, i was there already 3 times the past days... cant believe we missed eachother!!
the concession is great. so far better than mount street, do have an attachment to motcomb street though :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there yesterday - the concession is great, lots packed in, and great sales advisers, a lot better than the previous department. I love Motcomb St too, it's very charming and am looked after well there.

Ah Leyla! Too bad! I was getting my hair cut on Mount St. and passed by the Louboutin store there but didn't enter because I feared the temptation would be too great :lol: My only problem is the CL concession is tucked in the very back corner and so it's quite an effort to get there. Plus, when I was there it was totally rammed with people and wasn't such an easy experience to shop in.

Rosalynn - thanks for the name of the shoe! I'm quite sure they didn't have a platform so I will search them out now.

You're right and I totally agree. You're welcome, just to correct myself it's Canonita (no 's') - it comes in a few colourways, nude, black with gold polkadots, black without dots etc.

Thank you!! Yes, it's the canonita - I saw them in a dark blue with red polkadots and they are so so pretty :heart:

I just thought I'd let everyone know that anyone can special order any Louboutin shoe in colors that are not in the retail market.

It takes 4 months, and costs 20% more, but I ordered 2 pairs of You You's in colors that were not ready-made in any store.

I would have never known I could do that until a SA from the Louboutin store in New York suggested it. He mailed me a list of about 25 colors with swatches, and I chose from the list by filling out a form he faxed to me.

that is good to know...is that only current season styles?
i have been dying for a pair of grey suede ariella talon ankle booties (like the ones taylor had on "rachel zoe project," and have been tempted to ask about getting custom ones...

Hello everyone! (^(oo)^)/"

I figured I'd pop in and say hello to everyone on this thread, as I *love* CLs! I especially love the 120mm pigalle, although I think the dorepi, which is on the same last, has stolen the #1 spot for now ^_^

I call them my dorepi(g)s :P

Image by piggy - that's me! (^(oo)^)

Attachments

• CL dorepi.jpg
    CL dorepi.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members