Hipster Street Style

I am wondering...what do these people do besides partying and drinking?
Their style is ok, not special at all and i ....hmm....got the idea that they think of theirselves that they are very special and cool. Irritates me a little... i don't know why actually.

can somebody, please, tell me what's the difference between hipster and scenesters :flower: ?

^ I'm afraid I don't get the difference between the hipsters and scenester either....

someone said something about hippies and disco.... does it stand? or is it just the interpretation of the tFSer???

Is there an official definition that explains and separates the two?

Because I don't see much difference... neither in their style nor the terms used to describe them....

^ let's just hope that smeone will come up with a clarifying answer...

as an unbiased individual, who is new to 'scensters' and 'hipsters,' i must say i can note a difference in the style, scenesters seem far more fashion lead, whereas hipsters just seem to dress like everyone i pass in the streets of manchester on a daily basis. the only thing they have in common is the same self-affected mid distance stoner look that makes them look so 'cool.' hmmm...

I think I know what you mean, especially once you mentionned manchester.... would the hipsters be called indie in Britain?

And does anyone know why hipsters are called hipsters and scenesters well, scenesters? Is there any difference in the music kind of music they listen to?

Sorry for so many questions... just trying to understand...

I always thought as the hipsters reconncting them to the indie kids not the scenester.. sure there also are indie scenteser but... I'm getting confused! :wacko:

yojimbo said:
hipsters are like the hippies of now, and scenesters are like the people of disco era.

ninins said:
My definition of a hipster is someone with a great sense of effortless style and esoteric intrests (extremely into their music, art, and other non-mainstream things), also, hipsters usually hate and talk crap about other "hipsters/scenesters" which is a MAJOR characteristic of a hipster. Where as a scenester does not necessarily have esoteric intrests, they just have to party alot and dress like whatever other party-goers are dressed like, have a somewhat groupie quailty to them, i think scenester I think of the hollywood party scene, lindsay lohan in my opinion is becoming a scenster. The blurred defintion of both is caused by the two appearing simultaneously on websites like "thecobrasnake". Hipsters would beat themselves up for being on a website like that.

I think these two posts are good definitions between a hipster and a scenester. Another distinction is that I've noticed scenesters like hip hop music and tend to wear athletic wear (Adidas jackets, sweatbands, gold chains, etc.). Hipsters are more into folk music and psych rock.

Hipsters are generally somehow involved in the liberal arts -- painters, writers, musicians, etc. Personally, I view hipsters as more "authentic" than scenesters because they (generally) tend to be more genuinely passionate about art and culture. That said, hipsters are waaay more pretentious.

I think indie kids fall somewhere between the two.

i live in williamsburg, the mecca of hipster/scenesterism, its all the same yo for better and worse

wesc_3353.jpg

(epicly later´d) - hope I spellt this right! :ninja:

Does anyone know if this girl is a model or something? :huh:

No, no, no...

There are not two distinctive sets of people. They are all hipsters and the ones who are seen out in the "scene" a lot are also "scenesters". In other words, "scenesters" are just hipsters who go out a lot. The only reason why the fashion would look any different is that when these hipsters are out in the "scene" they dress a little more loudly because, well, they're going out. That's all. I personally don't like to use either word, as anyone who fits that profile generally shuns it, as is the essence of the hipster. Sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->