Hipster Street Style

Haha a great piece of satire, and the observations are pretty accurate!

After 2 pages I'm done with this thread :-S
I feel like hipsters are people who think they dress so unique and special...yet look like everyone else... I feel like even preps have more style than those people!

i am beginning to think that hipster is just another word for 'NERD'...

:innocent:...

^ I've been attending a hipster-filled liberal arts college for almost four years, and I can confirm that (if old Facebook pictures are any indication) 90% of hipsters, particularly the guys, were geeky outcasts in high school but were smart enough to learn how to turn the odds in their favor and attract hot girls through their style and attitude in college. Sooo many of them are still oh. so. awkward. But they hide it by not saying/expressing much and acting aloof.

^^ I thought the same for sure. Went on a date with one and it was like this aloof too cool for school attitude covering a very very very awkward and shy personality. So weird.

As for style i think it's a lot of 'no style' = 'style thing' which some do really well, and some not.

haha I also blame Adam Brody on the OC for making this subculture popular. Oh and also lonely boy on Gossip Girl.

are there any celebrities you would consider as a hipster?

I think the very fact they are a celebrity would mean they are mainstream, so by definition no, there are no hipster celebrities lol.

That's kind of a joke, I'm sure they are out there.. I feel like some models are like Devon Aoki and that blonde model that hangs out with Cobra Snake.

Chloe Sevigny, at least? but you can't really tell what's the difference among the people, cause everyone already dress (stylish-y) the same nowadays. and I think what hipsters really care about is being against the mainstream which means they probably don't bother dressing up anymore.

This thread is making me think about starting a SS blog for my University... hmmm

new preppy is not hipster, I mean the ombre hair, seethrough maxi and denim jacket are everywhere, and these are the new preppy style.

this is hipster: http://lalalaetc.tumblr.com/

am I mistaking it, or are there two kinds of "hipster look". the unwashed one and the crop top 90s look one. or is the unwashed one just an extreme of the other one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->