Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (November 2010 - March 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they are slippers, in one picture you can see that in her left foot she's not wearing slippers, she either had some problem on her right Achilles heel or she almost lost her shoe trying to get away from the paps, here's a vid of that moment, kinda crazy specially at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyqJ1ZhxJkQ&feature=youtu.be&a

the pap sound a little bit creepy with the flash again thing.
in which pic? :huh: in all pics she's wearing those slippers.

creepy vid.:doh:

in which pic? :huh: in all pics she's wearing those slippers.

not sure anymore, in the last pic in #890, it doesn't look like slippers but then again I'm starting to wonder if that's Ashley' feet at all :blink:

I know that everyone is entitle of their own opinion but I wonder what some of you are thinking is so terrible wrong with the girls outfit? Are they wearing something :woot:? No. But are they committing a fashion crime? I don't think so.
MK is wearing the same black/zipped pants she's been wearing since December with the same boots, I may add; and a fur coat, that she had a couple of days before, the only thing odd is the extra jacket. But is not like she's wearing it also. She's just holding it, when she's not cleaning the airport floor with it. (I actually felt sorry for her when I sow the pics)
Ashley is wearing a black long skirt with a brown sweater and a leather black vest and a rain coat (since it's raining in LA), oh and backpack.
All of it seems practical, IMO, for a 6 hour fly, is not like they are in track-suit and Louboutin shoes, now that I would frown upon:sick:.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure anymore, in the last pic in #890, it doesn't look like slippers but then again I'm starting to wonder if that's Ashley' feet at all :blink:

I know that everyone is entitle of their own opinion but I wonder what some of you are thinking is so terrible wrong with the girls outfit? Are they wearing something :woot:? No. But are they committing a fashion crime? I don't think so.
MK is wearing the same black/zipped pants she's been wearing since December with the same boots, I may add; and a fur coat, that she had a couple of days before, the only thing odd is the extra jacket. But is not like she's wearing it also. She's just holding it, when she's not cleaning the airport floor with it. (I actually felt sorry for her when I sow the pics)
Ashley is wearing a black long skirt with a brown sweater and a leather black vest and a rain coat (since it's raining in LA), oh and backpack.
All of it seems practical, IMO, for a 6 hour fly, is not like they are in track-suit and Louboutin shoes, now that I would frown upon:sick:.
yeah, i think Ashley's in her slippers all the way.

IMO, they don't need to push the limits, but they neither don't need to look this rediculous - MK's okay, she just looks dirty (as she has been looking, and i'm sure i'm only one thinking that, ever since she embarked on this new direction when it comes to her dressing up). Ashley on the other hand - she's wearing 3 pieces of clothes that, IMO, don't hold any logic when it comes to that combo - seriously, leather vest - rain coat - sweater? not only that i find that looking like it was just thrown for the sake of "looking so fashion forward" (because make no mistake these girls are very well aware of their reputation and they're as careful when it comes to their candid style as it is when it comes to red carpet outifts, IMO), but it also has no practical value - actually quite the opposite (and to tell you the truth, i feel toward this outfit the same way i'd feel toward track-suit with heels. there's no difference between that and this).

MK has her thing and you know what you're gonna "get" from her (most of the time), but Ashley, when it comes to her candid style, is unrecognizable fashionwise in the last year or a bit more. what i don't like the most is not that they don't care how they look, but the fact they want to appear as such. on the other hand, just as people tend to criticize young celebs for dressing up too much (Dakota's thread for example) for their age, i'm beginning to realize how much it's starting to bug me when someone's dressing up too elderly too (thank you Ashley for bringing me to that conclusion). :innocent:

i have to say tho, and i'm not pointing fingers at anyone particular, but i find absolutely mind boggling how, for some people, these two can't do nothing wrong when it comes to dressing up and there will be always some extra explanation of the "brilliance" behind their fashion choices. which i have no problem with (except that i find it sometimes plain silly), it's just an observation.each to his own, taste it is.

Thanks for your reply dajrekshn.

I agree that both girls, but specially Ash, sometimes (more often then not) dress over their age, but that's nothing new, they always did (You don't see that many 13 years old with a leather coat on or leather pants). The only difference is that back then it make then look cool/hipper and now they look like they are 15 years older; on the other hand isn't that what they both have confess? How many times have we read them being quoted as saying they feel like they are 40 years older, so I'm guessing they dress how they feel ages wise at that moment.

Thanks for your reply dajrekshn.

I agree that both girls, but specially Ash, sometimes (more often then not) dress over their age, but that's nothing new, they always did (You don't see that many 13 years old with a leather coat on or leather pants). The only difference is that back then it make then look cool/hipper and now they look like they are 15 years older; on the other hand isn't that what they both have confess? How many times have we read them being quoted as saying they feel like they are 40 years older, so I'm guessing they dress how they feel ages wise at that moment.
yeah, but up till now the age difference wouldn't go over 10-15 years (and it looked okay, great to perfect at times as you said it yourself), in the last couple of months Ash's candid style looks like one of 50 going 60. i agree it has to do with them being mature at a very early age, but somehow i have a hunch, and it's just my hunch mind you, it has more with the whole fashion thing and their reputation. :flower:

i agree it has to do with them being mature at a very early age, but somehow i have a hunch, and it's just my hunch mind you, it has more with the whole fashion thing and their reputation. :flower:

This is pure speculation, but I wonder if Ashley dressing like a much older person has something to do with 3 things:

1- we don't know much about their private life, but looking at what we know, except for a couple of friends, Ashley' friends seem to be around over 30 or older, more so then the ones MK surrounds herself. How old is Estee Stanley? even people from the fashion world, Ash seems closer to the older crowd (Francisco Costa, Christian Louboutin, Peter Lindbergh, Peter Beard, John Galliano, even Lauren Hutton - it may be my imagination, but I always had a feeling of a bigger closeness between this two) while MK seems to go with the younger ones - like the parties she went during fashion week, Nicole Richie, Margherita Missoni, Lazaro H and Jack McC....

2- The Row is her baby and it seems that it attracts older woman ( I read it somewhere that the average woman that buys The Row is 45 years old), Is she dressing up to much for theme...to gain their respect...??

3- I notice she started to dress "overage" around 2008, yes is more noticeable in the last pictures (and not just the paps, I think that it some events also) but we can see shadows of that in 2008. by chance or not is also the same time you have less paps pictures of Ashley, during 2006 - 2007 Ashley was, believe it or not, actually more in the paps lens then MK, but in 2008 she's starting to be seem less and less and 2010 comparing to MK, she's hardly there. Is this new way of dressing her way of "desappearing" from public eye?

This is pure speculation, but I wonder if Ashley dressing like a much older person has something to do with 3 things:

1- we don't know much about their private life, but looking at what we know, except for a couple of friends, Ashley' friends seem to be around over 30 or older, more so then the ones MK surrounds herself. How old is Estee Stanley? even people from the fashion world, Ash seems closer to the older crowd (Francisco Costa, Christian Louboutin, Peter Lindbergh, Peter Beard, John Galliano, even Lauren Hutton - it may be my imagination, but I always had a feeling of a bigger closeness between this two) while MK seems to go with the younger ones - like the parties she went during fashion week, Nicole Richie, Margherita Missoni, Lazaro H and Jack McC....

2- The Row is her baby and it seems that it attracts older woman ( I read it somewhere that the average woman that buys The Row is 45 years old), Is she dressing up to much for theme...to gain their respect...??

3- I notice she started to dress "overage" around 2008, yes is more noticeable in the last pictures (and not just the paps, I think that it some events also) but we can see shadows of that in 2008. by chance or not is also the same time you have less paps pictures of Ashley, during 2006 - 2007 Ashley was, believe it or not, actually more in the paps lens then MK, but in 2008 she's starting to be seem less and less and 2010 comparing to MK, she's hardly there. Is this new way of dressing her way of "desappearing" from public eye?
those are very good points.
i think they have friends of their age too, it's just that they're all pretty much private/non celeb people (you can see them in those candid pics that leak every now and then) unlike the friends you mentioned.

MK's the one who's going to be and still aims at being more in public eye cus of the simple fact she's continuing with acting. Ash on the other hand is all about TR and creating a new enterprise, so her outings are indeed connected to promotion for it and purely for it. also, i noticed that her change is dressing started around the time she started dating Justin Bartha (just like the whole "witch-grandma-hipster" look started when MK started dating that artist with whom she, in the meantime, broke up), no? interesting to observe, obviously. ^_^

Yeah, I notice that too, the change in both their dressing style and the boyfriends. Interesting to observe is that MK started to dress differently again after she and Nate broke-up.
As for Ashley and Justin, the thing I notice most was that while MK used to wear flannel or plaids shirts, I don't recall ever seen them on Ashley, but after she started dating Justin, I can recall more than a couple of times, specially last year. Another thing I notice is that The Row man's wear, most of it could probably have come out of Justin' closet.

i dont understand why the problem is? theyre just wearing oversized layers.. and i also dont see how that could be considered "old" ... ?

^I don't think there's a "problem". I think they're just trying to explain their choices when it comes to their outfits.

By the way, it was interesting - MaybeJaded and dajrekshn :flower:

wow, the speculation is just way too over..

well, they're still same people like us.. why expect too high?
they can wear whatever they want, and they like!

sorry i didnt mean the posters above just in general people are disturbed by the heavy layering, and its not even something new because theyve always worn layers

wow, the speculation is just way too over..

well, they're still same people like us.. why expect too high?
they can wear whatever they want, and they like!

i wouldn't call it speculation. i was just expressing my opinion based on my observation of these two throughout at least 5 years by now (not too much, but still enough to express it freely with enough backing, IMO).

who said anything about them having to wear this or that? i'm here for the fashion foremost, since i seriously don't see having anything in common with these girls - starting from their bank account.:lol: i mean, don't get me wrong, but i don't get what are we supposed to do in this thread or tfs in general? if anything, these two are great materials when it comes to commenting, observing different directions since they're clearly putting effort in such from a fashion point of view and that gives me pleasure of talking about it (and reading other people's point of view).:smile:

Marja
- i don't have issues with layering, i have issues with "pragmaticless" layering which is done just for the sake of being "fashion forward" in layering (in this particular case of Ashley) which gets a contra effect in my eyes. :smile:

I don't know if they dress older so much as they dress asexually-like Men Repellers. I mean they rarely go for a "sexy" look that says "I'm a WOMAN." I believe they have decent figures underneath all those layers. They'd better flaunt it while they've got it. They don't have to be skanky but it'd be nice to see some signs they are sexual beings who embrace their femininity.

Ashley used to show off her great body a lot in flattering dresses. This look comes to mind:

Metropolitan+Museum+Art+Costume+Institute+Vx1uD-cN6n9l.jpg

zimbio

^^That black dress looked great on her. I think it´s a risky choice because the sexy cut could look tacky depending on who´s wearing it, but she made it look good, sexy in a good way.

^That dress looks amazing on her. I wish they would try to find a balance between the bag lady layers and true glamour.

I liked it when they would wear sexy little dresses and/or jeans and huge platforms all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marrefoto
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->