Saint Laurent Mens S/S 2016 Paris

Aren't those round sunglasses almost exactly like the ones Kurt Cobain wore?

My main problem is this recent development where the menswear shows are given a theme: the "Psych Rock" collection, or this show which is meant to be a "Surf Sound" collection. Tacking on these thematic titles just feels so lame and literal, and I'm sure most bands would hate to be put in such an arbitrary categorization.

At this point, why bother even doing a show? And I don't even mean that to be patronizing, I think it would be a pretty good idea for Hedi, who no doubt wants to subvert expectations and do fashion on his own terms. It would cause more interest in people who wonder what the clothes are potentially gonna look like, and by the time the collection goes to retail the stores would be flooded with devoted and interested clients.

Hedi is genius in giving us the whole package. He knows his market and plays it quite well. He invests in the image or looks he creates season after season by collaborating with anything that is hip and cool. And he succeeds!

The matter is, his looks at SLP are lazy and his appropriation isnt just obvious, its OBSCENE. I get it, this is for kids who may have an idea of the references he plays with, but for people who lived the REAL thing, this trash.

Kurt must be rolling on his grave right now. Not cool, Hedi. Not cool.

Kurt-Cobain-Montage-of-Heck-cancion-inedita-12-minutos.jpg

Image from códigomúsica

^This is for the new generation that doesn't know the old generation. :lol:

I like it but my gosh! 77 similar looks? And it all looks like it was found randomly at a thrift store around the corner, the only thing that sets it apart is the fit and embroideries... oh and of course: hedi's vision.

^This is for the new generation that doesn't know the old generation. :lol:

This is so true, just that I wonder what has he won, and lost in the process? Where has the old clientele flocked to? Maybe for Kering, as long as these customers are still within the Kering Group, it is ok?

All I can say is that he makes me feel old, and he is much older than me.

Hedi did it again. I think we need to understand that now SL is different and Hedi is different too. He is not about revolutional high fashion designs anymore he makes clothes that you want to wear and (maybe even more important) CAN wear if you have enough money.
Yeah its 77 kind of similiar looks but if you look close-up there are tons of cool t-shirts, shirts, intresting jewerly, sunglasses, jeans and decorations... I believe that all jackets look amazing in the real life because it looks so much better in motion.
And its very important fact that all men who wear SL in the real life look COOL. Yeah this is the best word to explain all the philosophy of the brand now.

I personally enjoed the show, not women looks, only men.

And you are right that his shows are about styling because when you see it in stores it looks pretty classsy and very wearable http://www.ysl.com/wx/shop-product/men/fallwinter_section They always have the option - if you want to wear something edgy you can wear boots with the heel if you are not that brave wear some classy boots.

I remember I read article with which I agree on 100 percents. With all that punk and rock n roll shows and atmosphere in stores you can see basic clothes that will sell. So its really genius represent basic clothes with some attitude.
And I find it fine that he is inspired by LA punk scene. Everyone has their own source of the inspiration. Raf loves modern art for example. And for me rock'n'roll is closer but you are intrested in modern art more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->