Saint Laurent S/S 2015 Paris

Well to be honest this is the most "YSL" collection since his debut. I love all the Loulou de la Falaise looks.

The fact that she can't even bother to spell his name right sums it all up.

Vanessa Friedman ‏@VVFriedman 22m
Hedo Slimane is pulling a Rei Kawakubo and refusing to come out for his @YSL bow. But that does not make them the same thing. #PFW
twitter.com/VVFriedman

Ugh I just can't anymore. I feel embarrassed for YSL. Why bother doing a runway show. This has nothing to do with designing. Re-hashing vintage with some remote YSL aspects thrown in. It's called styling. The irony is it will sell like hot cakes. Its a marketing concept above all. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably his best collection for YSL, as its the most YSL and not his typical rocker chic.
Its seems influenced by YSL's collection 40 from 1971. The rest though really reminds me of NY street hookers back in 1975-1976, especially the shoes.
I also see a Taxi Driver vibe, with the top hats, hot pants and sl*tty platform shoes. The problem is take away the nice setting, and this looks like a stripped down version of the Anna Sui show this season, which was actually better. The problem is Hedi took , the collection 40 influence and watered it down and made it for 14 and 15 year olds instead of women.

Feels like a vintage shop.
blasphemy!

this looks like your regular trendy girl leaving Baby Phat.

Robert Heinecken..... I just had to laugh... was he really looking at it or just timidly wondering what magazine did that background come from? :lol:

At this point I've gotten used to Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane but there is one thing that's still bothering me.

We all know that individual pieces at large houses are created by design teams and Creative directors are hired to give directions and set themes, however Saint Laurent's collections are completely directionless. So what exactly is Slimane's job?

I am about to ask the same question too... we know that some designers draw sketches and then the seamstresses does it and they do the editing on the fit model/telling the seamstresses what they want (e.g. YSL, Christian Dior themselves, Karl Lagerfeld, Valentino), some designers would drape on the stand themselves (Alexander McQueen)...

... so what Hedi Slimane does?

I am sure he has a design team behind him, creating quite a lot of sellable and commercial separates (yes, as much as we hate what's going on on the runway, we have to agree that the leather jackets sell, the shirts sell, the skirts sell, the bags sell, the accessories sell)...

But what he does? He communicates the theme, the design team creates the separates, and he styles the looks before they go onto the runway? (<- I highly suspect this is the case)

I said this for every season he does for SLP.. he has got to be one of the worst designers of this generation. He produces the same damn rocker look and is stuck in the 70s. He doesn't seem to be very open to new ideas.
So sick of teeny dresses and teeny separates.
Some looks had the SL essence but it's just not enough. It's too emo teeny bopper and it irritates me. His collections are a huge middle finger to the founder.

I guess what I "like" about this is that there is so many separate looks, not everything as to go with the look styled. But I'm so tired of his take on music, the 60s-70s era, and length of this dresses. There is much more he can search through archives for inspiration then this, because I like it but i'm bored of it.

This collection is simply disgusting. Nothing sophisticated or elegant about it, just sad trash.

blasphemy!

this looks like your regular trendy girl leaving Baby Phat.

Robert Heinecken..... I just had to laugh... was he really looking at it or just timidly wondering what magazine did that background come from? :lol:

Is Heinecken the inspiration for this show (MoMA did a small retrospective this summer - might still be hanged, actually) ? Because I don't see it either ...
Anyway ...

It indeed looks like everything is coming from a vintage store specialized in SL Rive-Gauche.
It is a bit messy.

I love the hats, though ... And some other stuff here and there. I absolutely picture Kate Moss (and KateMoss-ish girls) wearing some of these pieces.

Am I the only one who thinks this is incredibly trashy and cheap looking? Worst collection by him so far.

The silence from the SHOWstudio panel when the question "so what do you think is new, any departure from the last collection" was thrown is very telling........................

It's... painful to see how they are trying to squeeze any good comments out. And someone just used the word 'apathetic'... and 'it's probably ripped off from something you already have'

:unsure:

(And in the end, they tried to have an 'apathetic nod' to round it off...)

I like it a lot! There's some amazing pieces in this show... the purple jacket with firework embroideries looks amazing! The red feather boa thing is cool. The dresses and super-shorts require an amazing body so I guess this isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abbgg
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->