Saint Laurent F/W 2015.16 Paris

i liked at least something from every collection until this one :( make-up is tragic too. the music wasn't even good either!

cool set though, like always :wink:

It saddens me that they allow him to ruin and bring the legacy of YSL to a demise just for the sake of profit. It's tragic.

Let's start with the makeup.. HORRENDOUS!! That eye makeup is lazy. Someone was too lazy to paint them eyes so they just decided to cover it all up with liquid eyeliner. Hay.

The clothes... I can't even. I just can't. It's a tragedy. It's exactly like what Jenny Humphrey / Taylor Momsen would wear during her goth days. Individually, some looks were okay and some were terrible. This could have been better if it were style differently. That I can say with absolute confidence. But styled better, it's still not a standout and still not memorable.

I just don't even know why I bother opening Saint Laurent collections.

So easy to guess it's from Hedi, even without the title ^^ Don't really know how I feel about this ...

I don't know what's worse, the makeup + hair or the clothes?

With Hedi Slimane, you're either a true believer or you're not. His vision for Saint Laurent, like his dresses, allows for virtually no wiggle room. There are still naysayers. But for every person who walks out complaining that it looks like Forever 21, as we overheard tonight, or that it never changes, there's another person, usually younger (in reality or spirit), who is itching to be the Saint Laurent girl.

This collection will doubtlessly prove as divisive as the rest. It started with a ceremonial rising of the catwalk. As the floor lifted, the audience got a view of flashing fluorescent lights and metal scaffolding. It looked like the underbelly of an arena stage, which made the models who strode out on top of it rock stars or rock-star groupies. Their mini crinis, cigarette pants with suspenders, and Siouxsie Sioux eye shadow placed us a few years further on from Slimane's Sunset Strip-y Spring collection. More likely, the designer was merely picking up where his men's show in January—the one he described as an homage to the young musicians of Paris—left off.

Slimane's Saint Laurent woman has always had an edge, but this season she's unapologetically a bad girl, wearing leather leggings with cutouts all the way up the thighs; a black leather dress slit up to her undies, assuming she's even bothered to wear any; and ripped and shredded tights above black leather ankle boots. The shoes were killer, but those tights veered dangerously close to cliché. And they distracted from the fine workmanship (one of Slimane's secret weapons) that defined a lot of what we saw tonight. Numbers like a black and gold polka-dot beaded one-sleeve cocktail dress or a strapless style crisscrossed with zippers, a tulle crumb catcher frilling out from the bust.

Alongside the haute stuff, of which there was more than ever, there were a good number of the kind of animal-print capes, navy peacoats, leather motorcycle jackets, and patchwork furs he's been showing since his YSL beginnings two-and-a-half years ago, and that have been turning up with increasing frequency all over the crowds at fashion month and beyond. For a designer as disruptive as Slimane is, he sure sells a hell of a lot of merch. If some looks here were too familiar, even for his fans, there was also plenty to inspire lust in bad girls everywhere. Nicole Phelps
style

i don't think it will ever happen but i hope he gets replaced and someone who can actually do something gets that money. he can go start his own line or continue taking pics of rocker and skater teenagers for the rest of his life!
noone else bores me this much & noone else is this obvious with their lack of creativity
and hope he lets some of the exclusives go sure they're getting payed but its sad to see them only at this boring job they deserve more interesting showlists and careers

no grace, no beauty, no style, no charm, no ideas, no strength , no power, not even shocking or exhilarating in its nihilism

Come on folks, you gotta remember that most of the runway stuff wont end up on the selling floor or even if they do, they're mostly streamlined to be a bit friendlier.

Most of the stuff will end up on the selling floor. People wants to buy what they saw on the runway. Prada seems to be the only brand that doesn't get that!
Saint Laurent is very expensive for what it is (even if the permanent collection is well priced) so, they can afford to produce and sell those horrible patchwork dresses.

I like the inspiration but it's like too repetitive. I wish Hedi could back to the 90's to dress to Courtney Love, L7 and Babes in Toyland.

I like the inspiration but it's like too repetitive. I wish Hedi could back to the 90's to dress to Courtney Love, L7 and Babes in Toyland.

the thing is that back in the early 90s people like courtney love, kat bjelland and jennifer finch were wearing actual thrift shop babydolls and tights that ripped while playing, not some high-end desinger's obsession with that look. hell, even courtney after her makeover started wearing versace and haute couture, not fake-vintage :D

style.com is so afraid to say the truth

Yes because the morons at Vogue and style, want to get a ticket for next season. Also their reviews are extremely biased and clearly reak of paid lip service.

Cathy Horyn was banned from the YSL shows because she gave
realistic review.

Yes because the morons at Vogue and style, want to get a ticket for next season. Also their reviews are extremely biased and clearly reak of paid lip service.

realistic review.

Indeed. Tim Blanks has become remarkably obsequious.

Is he releasing the same collection over and over and over again, with only a different styling?

realistic review.

Getting banned is minor. These companies could pull advertising and then they'd be screwed.

I love Slimane. His clothes are beyond well crafted and look the best in the department stores. They pop out. But it’s just that, clothes.

His shows are same old, same old. Barely no design. Same boring concepts… and I get he has his style and love him for that, but come on, it’s always identical.

And I don’t like people defending this because it sells. And the funny thing is that I totally understand why it sells: everything looks perfect in real life. But selling and money are one thing and design is another different one.

Anyway, I’m happy he’s doing great because he’s an exceptional human being and wish him all the best, but the fashion element is clearly missing…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abbgg
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->