Saint Laurent F/W 2015.16 Paris

For the first time Slimane seems to be showing his age; this really really looks to me like what an older, out-of-touch person would think that young and cool kids would want to wear.
first time?!
It's been happening since day one. I kept saying it... my mom and her friends live for this s*it :lol:.. it's very mom back in 'the scene' in a surprise appearance 20 years later.

I don't think this is his worst though, last season was rock bottom.

I want to say something on his 'naughty' attempts lately, Lulu, sex, women but is it worth it? nah. :lol:. MayaStar summed it up.

The quality is perfect but the styling is bad...but interesting at the same time if you want exposure and bigger sales. :heart::cool:

the quality of the materials used? sure. 'Aesthetic' quality? hell no.

There's no way in hell im associating the term 'quality' with this.

XRKeazF.jpg

style.com

it's actually hilarious, like a project runway dress. only worse.

poor Betsy Johnson. She maintained a distinct point of view and went out of business for it and now this guy comes and does a crappier, more expensive version and gets a ton of praise and business.

"You get to walk around and be mediocre, and you still get rewarded for things."

Congrats to Hedi and SL for that I guess.

Well, bless his feeble, silly, little heart.

I quite like it so far. Actually I've seen worse collections than this one (Raf, I'm watching you). But that make-up is dangerously close to that clownish one at Maison Margiela show and of course it's not a good thing.
I'm with you. I honestly don't think the collection itself is bad. I'm seeing many things I want here :innocent: So many of the jackets and coats are completely awesome! I see some nice dresses in this, too. But the hair/make-up is horrendous, it certainly doesn't do the collection any favor.

I'm shocked it took him this long to go full-on Nancy Spungen, raunchy 70's punk girl us. I guess this is where the Jim Shaw drawings from the invitation book kick in. As always, the individual pieces are ready to be taken out of the extreme styling and shine. I particularly love a little red furry jacket, a nice sexy leather jumpsuit, that glitzy fringed jacket on Grace... all the coats and jackets basically. The shoes are pretty badass too.

But you just really gotta have a laugh and his "let them eat cake" attitude tho, especially with the recent sales report. I don't think i've ever seen a designers provoke such love-hate shivers on people.

Normally I'm not entirely offended by what he does, and in fact last season I thought he married his own sensibilities and the Saint Laurent archives pretty well while also delivering some really cool, wearable clothes.

But this, this is glorified Betsey Johnson and Anna Sui, just darker and blacker. The clothes are not even expensive looking, which is a shame because typically I think the quality of the pieces does show through the cliched music references.

Do they really going to sell that torn-fishnet-stockings? Ugh that's totally tacky and so pinterest DIY.

I can't tell the differences which collections belong to which season in SLP. It's so repetitive and even worse than Dolce & Gabbana.

:yuk:It's not worth commenting. Beyond Retro is much better than this(and more original).

I amend my previous statement. This is Betsy Johnson and Olivier's Balmain's love child

The trashy NYC party girl part of me would wear a lot of this. I don't think that's a compliment. Hedi continues to mill out badly tailored junk for one of the most iconic houses in fashion. It's sad and yet I don't see it improving.
I would prefer literally any other designer for YSL. Galliano belongs here instead of Margiela, even.

Galliano is exactly who should be here. Let's keep fingers crossed

I'm afraid his and Kering's bank account are having the last and biggest one...

Hedi doesn't look like he's had a laugh in years. Then again he may have a well hidden sense of humour for sending that stuff down the runway just to see how much people are going to pay for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's really no point getting fired up about Hedi's collections any more. We know what to expect, it's just a matter of how better or worse it is than the season before. Menswear was slightly better this season, but more of the same. And this is the case here again except this time it's actually giving me a headache. There's just too much going on. While it is a fact that these clothes are well made and some of the individual pieces can be desirable, as a collection, it's just bad. I hated his first collection but now I wish that was the direction he took the brand in. All of a sudden, that looks good now.

With regards to the finances; they may be doing well but so did the Twilight franchise.

I can't wait to read Tim Blank lauding of this sl*tty witch-fest. Oh fashiuun, thou are so entertaining and true!

everyone's talking about how much he's increased sales for the house, but in fact 66% of total revenue was comprised of accessories and shoes, and just the rest is clothes. i can see why. it's just the bags that are selling so well! this collection is a disaster and the next financials will reflect that

I imagine this is what Cyndi Lauper's vomit looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->