The MAC Makeup Thread #2

It was supposed to be out April 3, but now apparently it's pushed back to April 24.

MAC Pedro Lourenco Summer 2014 Collection

Launch Date – 5 June 2014

“M·A·C is an innovative and fashion inspired brand that I have admired for years. Together, in total synergy, we created a unique and whimsical collection very much aligned with my style and M·A·C’s trend setting history. I feel honored and excited to be part of this collaboration with the M·A·C Cosmetics family.” – said Pedro Lourenco

MAC Pedro Lourenco Summer 2014 Collection will include products like: lip color, eye shadow, cream color bases, nail polish and powder blush duos.

MAC-Pedro-Lourenco-Makeup-Summer-2014.jpg

Info and image source:chicprofile.com

Im excited, i like the look of the nude quad. I haven't bought a Mac quad in forever.

i own the MAC 208 brush for eyes.

my question is: Is there a better brush for gel eyeliners?

i have a bit of an unsteady hand and i'm as blind as a bat without my glasses.

which brush would you recommend?

^The Real Techniques gel liner brush is freaking amazing.

Just an fyi that the Proenza collection is being previewed/pre-sold now--got a call from Nordstrom.

Went by to preview Proenza tonight, and ended up with the Primrose lipstick (very sheer as shown--Lustre) and the Ocean City (coral/nude) ombre blush. Lipstick $22, blush $30. I find the blush compact hard to open ... but the packaging is very pretty, just like the pix. It does show fingerprints ...

We don't have MAC in my country and I usually buy their products while travelling abroad. Few weeks ago I tried the Matchmaster foundation for the first time but I didn't end up buying it. My skin has changed dramatically in the past few months and it's not dry anymore so I thought I could give MAC foundations another chance (years ago I was using Studio Fix Fluid and Studio Sculpt). A friend of mine brought me the Pro Longwear Foundation in NC15, because they didn't have the Matchmaster. It was 25% off and I thought well, why not, it has quite good reviews (anything rated more than 3, 5 on MUA has to be a miracle worker :lol:).
I was quite surprised at how differently and orange :o it looked in the bottle compared to SFF and SS. At first I thought it was a mistake and she bought the NW instead of NC. When I swatched it it didn't look any less orange. Oddly enough (and thank god), it looks completely different when applied properly on the face. It's a perfect match! It sets very fast and it dries semi-matte which I really like at the moment. I hope it was the right choice.

I also got the Girl About Town lipstick which is an old favourite of mine. ^_^

Does anyone know a dupe or something similar to face and body? I absolutely love it but it makes my skin break out so I had stop using it.

I finally cracked for Russian Red and the lipliner Brick to go with it. I was never 100% sure, because of the lighting in certain boutiques, but I think I actually like it and I'm sure it will grow on me. At worst, I can mix. It's very matte, which is good for a red. It'll be a good alternative to my Dubonnet, which is a tad bit too sombre for certain occasions. Plus it goes with my nails, which is always a plus.

My powder hit the pan in the center again, which is frustrating because there is so much on the sides and now I know it'll be more fragile...:( I tried my best from the beginning to not touch the middle...Isn't there a way to wear out pressed powder evenly???

^ Not evenly exactly ... but I now swirl my brush in a circular motion that I think helps. You have b2m (back to MAC) where you are? When the bald spot starts to bother me, I put whatever it is in my b2m bag :mrgreen:

Not sure we have B2M...will check it out.
Ahh, a brush, do you think using a brush is a better solution than the sponge?

BTW, I've just stopped even trying to buy lipsticks other than MAC because I wear only dark reds and need to be able to trust that it won't bleed on me. So far, I've never had a problem! :flower:

Anyone try their lip primer?

Just ordered a few things from the Isabel and Ruben Toledo collection ... several lip glosses and a mascara. Packaging and colors look great ... lots of reds.

PS Received my order ... the packaging is amazing, best of any MAC collection I've ever seen. Have only tried one item, the Oxblood gloss, which is actually a nude color. I quite like it.

MAC adds to Mineralize portfolio with new Timecheck Lotion

moodiereport.com

Brand: MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Timecheck Lotion

Launch: The latest addition to the brand’s extensive Mineralize portfolio is available now in travel retail worldwide.

Details: Infused with nourishing minerals and ingredients said to “fight against time”, Mineralize Timecheck Lotion incorporates new innovative polymer technology to create the optical illusion of blurred lines and wrinkles, while helping to shrink the look of pores.

MAC adds to Lightful portfolio with new two-in-one treatment

moodiereport.com

Brand: MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Timecheck Lotion

Launch: The latest addition to the brand’s extensive Mineralize portfolio is available now in travel retail worldwide.

Details: Infused with nourishing minerals and ingredients said to “fight against time”, Mineralize Timecheck Lotion incorporates new innovative polymer technology to create the optical illusion of blurred lines and wrinkles, while helping to shrink the look of pores.

I got the Lightful C eye cream, and it is 1) irritating and 2) ineffective ...

Giambattista Valli Resort

qdaJMV4V.jpg

From left: Lipstick in Bianca B, Margherita, Tats, Charlotte, and Eugenie; Crystal Glaze Gloss in Lena​

style.com

Baze Mpinja | STYLE.com said:
You Can Afford to Buy Every Piece in the Newest Giambattista Valli Collection
Just when you think you can’t possibly justify another lipstick purchase, MAC comes along and dangles an irresistible new line in front of your face. This time, the proverbial carrot is a sophisticated collection created by Giambattista Valli. The designer channeled his endless fascination with flora and color—two things not “considered cool by the fashion industry” but always beloved by women, as noted in Style.com’s recent review—into a bouquet of five matte lipsticks. (For those who can’t resist a touch of shine, a Crystal Glaze Gloss dubbed Lena lends a pearlescent finish to lips.) From whitish-pink (Bianca B) to a sexy black cherry (Eugenie), the romantic range of shades plays off the soft blush, vibrant coral, and classic crimson found in many of the pieces for Resort and epitomize the “DNA of GBV,” Valli explained. “I am inspired by flowers from all around the world. If I’m in Kyoto, it’s cherry blossoms. Sometimes in New York you can see the most beautiful tulips. Or in Paris there are roses that feel very Marie Antoinette.” While not everyone is lucky enough to don the designer’s sumptuous creations (like the couture confection Rihanna wore to the Grammys), adding at least one tube to your cosmetics wardrobe is certainly within reach. And perhaps nobody sums up the power of lipstick better than Valli himself: “Makeup not only completes a look, it often makes the look.” We couldn’t agree more.

Lipstick, $17.50 each, Gloss, $23; available July 9 at maccosmetics.com

Has anyone seen the Dita Von Teese lipstick?

I noticed that the blot powder formula has changed and now smells terrible ... I will probably switch to Charlotte Tilbury (have bought her powder to try--still using up the last of my MAC).

Curious whether anyone has tried the new Huggable lip products. From the reviews, it sounds like the lipstick is very sheer, perhaps similar to Lustre. I really like Sheen Supreme, but it looks like they're phasing it out. Just ordered the Can't Resist I like from another store (Nordstrom).

Also got Plum Dandy lipstick with my back to MAC ... tried it on my hand. On, it's more pale than I would like, so probably won't get it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->