The MAC Makeup Thread #2

Maybe I should give nudes a chance. Patisserie was also the first that came to my mind. I wouldn't think of it as typical nude shade (my first association to nude lipstick is foundation on the lips :wacko:), it's actually quite pretty and it seems a favorite of many.

The MAC colors I wear always seem to be different ones than what everyone else is wearing :wink: Capricious, a soft red, is probably the color I wear most.

I ended up getting all three lipsticks mentioned above - Patisserie, Everyday Diva and Lush Life. :heart:
Mineralize Rich lipsticks are quite underrated in my opinion. They're pigmented, buttery soft, very comfortable to wear and non drying. These apply like a dream, the lasting power is awesome and I love the magnetic closing system. I think my lipstick dreams just came true. :D

Just got the Select Sheer Pressed in NC 15. Was afraid it'd be too white for me but it was perfect. <3

A shout out for Emilie at the MAC counter of Sephora Champs-Elysees, she's fantastic.
I asked her for lipstick recommendations that would suit me, and she came up with all the ones which were already my favorites.

^ Funny :smile: Let me go check on the name of the bright one I like and have been wearing lately ... since you are looking for a change. Sheen Supreme Quite the Thing!

What about purple? Last one I bought was LE but I think it should still be around, Lustre Sweet Succulence. I wear it in combination with Lap of Luxury gloss. Also Lustering is a pink I bought recently & like. A little more low-key than the others.

I've been wearing Blot Powder Light forever.

Anyone have an eyeshadow recommendation for me? I want something light and neutral but not grey or silver. Last thing I had was Phloof! Have tried Shroom but not been totally wowed. Currently am wearing Mylar because it's there, but I want something more interesting. For work I usually keep a very simple eye as I don't feel like futzing with it in the morning.

^ Funny :smile: Let me go check on the name of the bright one I like and have been wearing lately ... since you are looking for a change. Sheen Supreme Quite the Thing!

What about purple? Last one I bought was LE but I think it should still be around, Lustre Sweet Succulence. I wear it in combination with Lap of Luxury gloss. Also Lustering is a pink I bought recently & like. A little more low-key than the others.

I've been wearing Blot Powder Light forever.

Anyone have an eyeshadow recommendation for me? I want something light and neutral but not grey or silver. Last thing I had was Phloof! Have tried Shroom but not been totally wowed. Currently am wearing Mylar because it's there, but I want something more interesting. For work I usually keep a very simple eye as I don't feel like futzing with it in the morning.

Oooh, thank you, very nice recs, I haven't tried those! I was pretty sure I'll get Dark Side or Rebel next, but Sweet Succulence and QtThing look similar, respectively. Hang Up looks similar too; I'll just have to try 'em all. Dubonnet has been my lipstick for years and years, still love it but change is good.

Update: I'm absolutely *loving* my Select Sheer Pressed. I initially got it to set my liquid foundation, but find I don't even need the foundation any more; just a bit of Touche Eclat around the eyes, the powder, and I'm good to go. :heart:

MAC has so many face powders; I wonder how they compare. How's Blot Powder? I just got the one recommended to me as a sheer one to set makeup...

Wish I had eyeshadow recommendations for you. I know zilch about eyeshadow; I just do a Liquidlast cat eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I have Hang Up too ... it's different from the ones I mentioned. It's quite a deep wine red, very intense. Sweet Succulence is more purple. I have had Dubonnet in the past, but don't remember it well?

I should probably try your powder & see. I have oily skin ... I have bought the loose powder before, but for the last few years I've been wearing the pressed Blot Powder.

Ah, okay, I guess photos aren't accurate, have to try them out myself ^^
Dubonnet is this creamy dark rusty red.

I on the other hand have dry skin, never had oily skin and stay away from mattifying products, so I'm not sure you'll like my powder...I love that it's not shimmery at all, on the matte side and yet doesn't look cakey and dry; just more even and softly diffused.

^ I have Hang Up too ... it's different from the ones I mentioned. It's quite a deep wine red, very intense. Sweet Succulence is more purple. I have had Dubonnet in the past, but don't remember it well?

Update: I ended up getting Hang Up and Vino lip liner to go with it. My sister looks gorgeous in it and she got it too! (Her husband hates it; he thinks it's scary and sulks that "he will never get used to it" :lol:) It goes with the dark nail polish I've been using, so that's good.

MAC Cosmetics' Maleficent Makeup Line

It's good to be bad! :D

After announcing the collaboration earlier this year, here is a first look at the MAC Cosmetics and Disney’s "Maleficent" makeup line. Inspired by Angelina Jolie as the beautiful villain, the line embraces shades of red, gold and brown with a range of lipstick, eyeshadow, sculpting powder, nail lacquer, lip pencils and lip glass. The Mac Cosmetics' Maleficent collection hits stores at the beginning of June.

colecao-maleficent-mac-maquiagem-vilas-disney-1.jpg

colecao-maleficent-mac-maquiagem-vilas-disney-11.jpg

colecao-maleficent-mac-maquiagem-vilas-disney-21.jpg

colecao-maleficent-mac-maquiagem-vilas-disney-31.jpg

colecao-maleficent-mac-maquiagem-vilas-disney-41.jpg

colecao-maleficent-mac-maquiagem-vilas-disney-51.jpg

fashiongonerogue.com, eaibeleza.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The products look great but my only problem is the packaging - It looks too child-like for a grown adult to take this seriously, obviously it won't stop some people but others may reconsider based on that fact and although the disney logo is tiny it still adds the childhood factor to it.

^ Much less so than Hello Kitty! This packaging doesn't bother me, but some of it has been really over the top.

Proenza Schouler X Mac
MAC’s Proenza Schouler Collab–Set to launch on April 3rd, MAC Cosmetics has a new collaboration this time with New York-based fashion label Proenza Schouler. The line will include ombre face powders, makeup brushes, eyeliner and lip pencils and nail lacquers as well as lipstick. See images of the products below. And make sure to check out images from MAC’s Maleficent collection which were released earlier this month.

*Fashiongonerogue.com

The packaging of the Proenza products is so chic. I will probably end up buying something from the collaboration just because of that, like I did with the Gareth Pugh stuff :lol: I do think it can't hurt to have another purple nail polish, so that's probably what I'll end up with. I hope they also designed a cute make-up bag or some other little gimmicky thing for this, as well.

MAC Mangrove Lipstick
mac_mangrove002.jpg

mac_mangrove003.jpg

MAC Pinkfringe Lipstick
mac_pinkfringe002.jpg

mac_pinkfringe003.jpg

MAC Primrose Lipstick
mac_primrose002.jpg

mac_primrose003.jpg

MAC Woodrose Lipstick
mac_woodrose002.jpg

mac_woodrose003.jpg