The MAC Makeup Thread #2

^ Too funny :lol: Please update with news of whether these items got you through jury duty without getting picked.

I was at a MAC counter last night & saw no sign of Gareth Pugh, just holiday stuff. It was a madhouse though so maybe I missed it.

Nope, I wasn't selected :innocent: :ninja:

According to Vogue.de the Gareth Pugh collection will be released in Germany in January and will only be available online.

According to Vogue.co.uk the collection was released on Dec 2nd in the UK. Not sure if it's an online exclusive there also.

Therefore I just ordered a bunch of things from the US site because I can't wait until January or longer (because we usually get things later than Germany even). I ordered all three nail polishes and the lip glass in Vacant. And of course I had to have the make up bag :ninja: I hope the range will be available in stores in the UK because I'll be there after Xmas and I'm sure I'll love the nail polishes and will want to stock up on them :P

possibly mac lipstick in modesty? ^

anyway, saw the gareth pugh in person yesterday. pretty underwhelming. i liked the packaging but that was honestly it, i didn't think that much of it was wearable or warranted the price

Thank you very much Jazzeh!
That picture is oddly photoshopped, so I get what you're saying fashionista-sta. I will check both lippies out. Thanks for the suggestion!

I just received my Gareth Pugh stuff. Even the packaging is amazing, I'm in love with everything. The make-up bag is much bigger than I thought it would be so now I don't feel that guilty about spending $65 on it anymore :innocent:
My favorite of the nail polishes is Hyper, it's such a fab color :wub:

Made a point to go check out Daphne Guinness, but I was much more impressed with the other lip collection (Tour de Fabulous). If you like color, you should definitely check it out.

I normally buy just a couple things at a time, so this was a lot for me ...

Endless Night polish (Daphne)

Glosses:

Comfort & Joy
It's a Wow
Real Posh
Rich Bounty

There was another gloss in the Daphne collection that I was planning to get, but Nordstrom was sold out. Since I'd already gotten so many other glosses, I thought I'd let it go ...

I got my hands on the Moleskin eyeshadow a few days ago and I'm so in love! I almost didn't ask if they had it in stock, I assumed it would be sold out like it is on the website. I'm thinking of picking up Wedge soon. And a paint pot...

I bought 'Blushbaby' blusher today and I'm so pleased with it! It's the most wonderful, natural flush! :heart:

Does anybody know of any websites other than mac that sell thier products? I'm nearly out of my beloved pro longewear foundation,and the nearest mac consignment is a 3 hour drive from my city,so looking to shop around online to see what my options are to purchasing it.

^ I buy from either MAC or Nordstrom, but that may not be an option for you. Google is your friend :innocent:

The mac website is a dangerous option for me,I go on looking to buy one thing,and end up with about 5 extra things! I usually get it from Harvey Nichols but I never know if that's more expensive than online or not,so I think I'll have to brave googling it and fight the urge to buy everything I see!

I'm visiting Paris this summer and I'm thinking about going to a M.A.C pro store. My question is; can anyone buy something at the M.A.C pro store in Paris or do you need a special card for it or something?

I'm visiting Paris this summer and I'm thinking about going to a M.A.C pro store. My question is; can anyone buy something at the M.A.C pro store in Paris or do you need a special card for it or something?

I'd imagine that anyone can shop at the Paris pro store (just like anyone can shop at the ones in the U.S.). The pro cards are only required to receive discounts.

flyme2themoon: Thanks so much for answering my question. You have been a big help.

I don't know why but I find the mac website so difficult to navigate :doh:

I really wanted to get the Naughty Saute and Pink Pigeon lipstick but I didn't and I regret that.
Are there maybe any M.A.C lipsticks that I can mix to get the same colours and finishes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any MAC must-have lipsticks you would recommend? I want something that's good for everyday wear. It can even be "my lips but better", but not nude and not matte finish. I have blonde hair, hazel eyes and very pale skin. I like wearing bold shades, not necessarily full-coverage lipsticks, but more of a lip butter type lipstick.
I mostly wear Plumful these days, it's one of my most worn lipsticks. Rebel has been on my wishlist for a while now, but I'll probably go for lipglass instead. I used to have Girl About Town and I loved it, but then my 3-year-old sister ruined it. :angel: Maybe I should buy it again, it's a nice pink colour and it suits me well.
I'm also interested in their Mineralize Rich lipstick range - Lush Life and Everyday Diva seem very fitting for fall season. Has anyone tried them yet?

Are there any MAC must-have lipsticks you would recommend? I want something that's good for everyday wear. It can even be "my lips but better", but not nude and not matte finish.
The first thing that comes to mind is Patisserie. It may seem boring in the tube, but try it because its a really pretty color. Ok I know you said no nudes, but if you are at a MAC store ask them to put Hue on you. It's not so much of a nude but more of a pinky-peach and it looks beautiful on most skin tones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->