The MAC Makeup Thread #2

I have a couple of birthday vouchers leftover for a store that sells MAC. I'm thinking of treating myself to a couple of things, but I'm not sure what to get. Possibly Soft & Gentle, and maybe the Creamblend blush in Ladyblush, because that's an old favourite of mine...

Bridal lipstick

Which shade would you recommend for a fresh, natural wedding look? I would like a neutral my-lips-but-better tone with a hint of pink or coral. Preferably in amplified, matte or satin finish. Thanks! :flower::heart:

^ What about Syrup or ... darn, there's another similar one I've worn, and the name is escaping me. I've already taken it 'back to MAC' too ...

Judging by the swatches is looks like Syrup will be much too cold for me ... Combine my blonde hair and pale skin with cold pink shiny lipstick and the look will be trashy instead of fresh and natural. :lol: Truth be told, I find it really difficult to find suitable pink lipstick. Red is another story, but I am not going for that look with my dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Syrup could possibly look trashy, it's far too subtle for that. It is a blue pink ... I have cool pink skin, so I often wear colors with a blue tone. But I also have warm brown eyes ... I guess my hair has been darkening to a cooler tone, but it used to be a warm chestnut brown. So I also wear warm colors like Can't Resist, a lipstick color I think of as maple--probably some version I wore many years ago had that in the name.

I cannot remember the name of the natural pink I had more recently, and couldn't find it on the MAC site ... I wish they would just group all the colors together so I could look thru them all easily.

Just wanted to report back that I picked Kinda Sexy shade this weekend. It's a gorgeous peachy nude shade and although it's matte like I wanted, it looks very natural and flattering on my skintone. Definitely not pinkish, as per their describtion. I also got a lip liner, but after trying both at home I actually think that the lipstick looks better without.

Mac's mineralized skin finishe's are amazing, highly recommended for setting the under eyes & setting makeup in general.

I recently got the Mineralized blush in Dainty, after seeing it in one of those '10 things I can't live without' type columns. It replaced Dame ... somehow its surface got completely ruined (probably I should have cleaned my brush a bit sooner--I was busy :ninja:) & it was very difficult to pick up product. I don't think that would be possible with the Mineralized ... I want to try more, but I don't like to have too many blushes or color duplicates around, and with my fair skin, it takes quite a while to use one up ... Anyway, Dainty really is a great color. And the new packaging is pretty too ... though I think it's not as easy to open.

I want to try MAC Glow Play Jel Blushes. I'm thinking of buying myself a few things. And its swatches look so good. Especially, Heat Index. I need a new foundation too, but I'm not sure what to buy. Is anyone can make a recommendation?

^ I have worn their foundation in the past, but currently wear Chantecaille. If you like gels, maybe you'll like Chantecaille as well

I've been using their face pen for about a year now and quite like it, the one I used for years (also from MAC) was discontinued but I don't miss it because this one is way better.. not matte but less shiny, more coverage, more hydrating, higher SPF I think and you can just use it as a concealer. I think it's one of their newer foundations but don't quote me on that!

It's funny to see this activity in this thread and I'll take it as a sign because I'm running low on that pen and know I have to get a new one today. One 'downside' of this product is that when you run out, it's OUT, there's nothing you can't extract from it, not with a toothpick, or with a finger, nothing (because you pump it), if you don't have a backup foundation, you're destined to face the world and make it to the store with an uneven face (which I'm happy to do after a workout but somehow it feels like the walk of shame if it's because I ran out of foundation 🥲).

Forgot to add and not important but useful: you can lock this pen from the end of the tube and it's amazing because it won't ever make a mess in your bag or during/after a flight. 🥳

^ Interesting, I didn't know they made a pen. My skin is hard to match, plus (for unknown reasons) they are trained to sell you the foundation with the opposite undertones of your skin. Apparently they have some belief it balances ... to me this approach is nuts. They will do anything possible to sell me yellow-tone products. There's nothing wrong with the cool pink undertone of my skin, it doesn't need to be corrected. I used to be very motivated to buy from MAC because of Back to MAC ... I literally couldn't believe it when they canceled the program! I am still bummed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->