Vogue Paris February 2018 : Kaia Gerber by David Sims

I love the main editorial. It´s like a compilation of Sims´greatest hits, isn´t it? :mrgreen::wub:

This is very good so far!
I like it!
Emmanuelle must have been in heaven. I mean, she won! Every collection this season had an 80's or early 90's feel to them. Doing this ed was surely a lot of fun!

Kaia doesn't look her best here but the posing is perfect!

Fantastic main ed, so many good girls slaying. Natasha, Edie and Birgit especially. Unfortunately a couple of girls fall flat, cough..Kaia..cough but also Arizona and the other short haired newbie.

Well, the cover edit actually came together rather nicely! I suppose this is Emmanuelle Alt's idea of meeting us halfway. There's still that annoying 80's taint, but for most part it's actually pretty artistic and contemporary. Styling and photography. Very impressed with all Natasha's shots, Arizona, and some of the others. It's now a bigger mystery how the weakest girl got the cover, but her mum is Cindy Crawford, so...

Must say nothing else, except the beauty story impress me. Once again Alt's story is the highlight of the issue. They should seriously curb the amount of stories issued to Celia Azoulay. She's got such a limited vision.

Easily the most balanced issue Alt put together in years!

Can anyone humour me on where I can find the main ed in HD quality when it’s eventually available?

Finally The Colletions edit I missed so much !!! Love it even thougt is by Sims, we can see differnet moods and ot afraid of showing colours.
Amazing cast. we can see diversity ,regular VP girls, and new ones. Alex Micu isfinally cast by Emmanuel, she has an straking face perfect for glamour shoots and fits perfectly for VP. Also Faretta woud have beengreat for this editorial.
Love Kaia and her cover. i dont know why they change the styling of the cover for her shoots. Make her expresion forced when she has such a gorgeous and fresh face. her poses are great , though.

Alexandra and Natasha have the best shots in my opinion. I hope they will include Alexandra more often because I can totally imagine her on the cover of VP.

In love with the main editorial! Kaia looks the worst but I still think she has plenty of potential.

"Fil Rouge" reminds me a lot of Kate Moss's "A Close Fit" editorial by Glen Luchford from 1995

In love with the main editorial. David Sims is such a good photographer, I sometimes forget it. Happy to see Vogue Paris doing another big collections editorial.

Birgit is the star here :wub:

Not the worst issue Alt has produced but her images while instantly recognizable are also instantly forgettable. It's as if Alt's creative head-space is stuck in a derivative, retro feedback loop. But never resulting in any revelatory observations.

Kaia does nothing for me and certainly does nothing for the clothes. The garments always wear her in an almost comical way. Her perpetually sullen expressions, joyless, weathered appearance and lack of grace is glaringly evident in both her print and runway work.

From the tacky Forever 21 renditions of Native American/Western gear, the silhouettes, accessories and beauty styling, down to the wide stance poses it's like Alt ripped off this vintage ELLE editorial for Kaia's shots.

Ben Hassett's beauty ed while redundant and pointless made the issue somewhat memorable for it's surprisingly spot on, clever play on words: Hyper Pigmentation.

In love with the main editorial. David Sims is such a good photographer, I sometimes forget it. Happy to see Vogue Paris doing another big collections editorial.

Totally agree! I must admit I wasn't a fan of his work at first, but the way he's evolving over time is interesting to watch. And his best editorial work is actually for this magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->